Steve Nash sucks...

In a league that has been dominated by one ethnic group since the  days of Bird the NBA needed a "Great White Hype!"  Larry Bird said it himself on ESPN.  He stated cearly that the NBA is a "Black Man's League".  He stated clearly that he felt it was a disgrace when a team would put a White defender on him.  That is a man that is comfortable with the Truth!  I beleive that Dirk and Steve are truely great players but MVP they are not...  They both are completely defenseless!!!

We all know Lebron was the MVP last Year, But to Dirks credit his stats were better than Nash's in each of the years he one MVP.  NASH was ranked the 29 and 40 in scorer in the league both of his MVP years and he wasnt high in any other major stat other than assist and shooting percentage... He did not make the top 50 in steals either, which is a guard's stat. You cannot show me one year other than those two NASH years where the MVP was not in the top 15 in scoring!!!  Magic was the closest and he still made top 15 scorers and he also blocked shots and rebounded.  He!! no Nash didnt deserve it!  He deserves only to be recognized a a great player... Not an MVP!  

Guest DickVitale

Let me take a wild guess. Are they both grossly over paid?

Dickie thinks they're both grossly over-pale

Dude, I am NOT a racist...Why are you guys trying to put me in that category...I was talking about STEVE NASH and DIRK NOWITZKY...yes they are both....foreigners... ;)...but that has nothin to do with them not deserving the NBA MVP awards...much.. ::)

So I'm confused...heres the facts. and then I have a question.

Nash wasnt the most deserving player of the MVP award neither of the years he won it nor has he ever been. He just plain ol' didnt deserve it thats a fact.

Nowitzki falls into the same category.

I CAN PROVE IT

Be honest if you were starting a team and you got to pick one player from the NBA to be on that team any player would it be Nash or Nowitzki? Doubt it.

Question: Does anyone think Nash deserved the MVP either of the years he won it?

Nash wasnt the most deserving player of the MVP award neither of the years he won it nor has he ever been. He just plain ol' didnt deserve it thats a fact.

I CAN PROVE IT

Be honest if you were starting a team and you got to pick one player from the NBA to be on that team any player would it be Nash or Nowitzki? Doubt it.

Question: Does anyone think Nash deserved the MVP either of the years he won it?

yes i do

I CAN PROVE IT

yes i do

Alright why would you pick him over the great players in the NBA? Lebron Dwayne Kevin Garnett I mean do you honestly think he'd be more of a team maker than Kevin Garnett?

Allen Iverson or LeBron James should of won the MVP award in 04-05 instead Nash somehow won the MOP (Most Overrated Player) award. Nash averaged 15.5 points, 11.5 assists, 3.3 rebounds, and just 1 steal per game. While LeBron averaged 27.2 points, 7.4 rebounds, 7.2 assists and 2.21 steals per game. He became just the fifth player in NBA history to post averages of 27 points, 7 rebounds and 7 assists for an entire season

AI averaged 30.7 points, 4.0 rebounds, 7.9 assists, and 2.40 steals per game, he also became the first player in NBA history to rank in the top-5 in scoring average (30.7), steals (2.40) and assists (7.9)

Then Nash somehow won the MVP trophy in the 05-06 season while LeBron or Bryant clearly deserved it.

Nash averaged 18.8 points, 4.2 rebounds, 10.5 assists, and 0.8 steal (well not even a steal) per game.

LeBron averaged a career-high 31.4 points, 7.0 rebounds, 6.6 assists and 1.56 steals per game. James became just the fourth player in NBA history to average at least 31.0 points, 7.0 rebounds and 6.0 assists for an entire season

Kobe averaged a career-high 35.4 points, 5.3 rebounds, 4.5 assists and 1.84 steals per game. Kobe also dropped 81 points in a game, had the eighth highest scoring average of all-time, and passed Bob McAdoo for the seventh greatest scoring season of all-time with 2,832 total points

If all of this wasn't bad enough Dirk Nowitzki somehow won the MVP award over the likes of Kobe and LeBron again. Dirk averaged 24.6 points, 8.9 rebounds, 3.4 rebounds, and he is a 7 foot power foward and only averaged 0.8 blocks per game.

Kobe averaged 31.6 points, 5.7 rebounds, 5.4 assists and 1.44 steals per game. he joined Chamberlain, Baylor and Jordan as only players to score 50 points in 3 straight games also just the 2nd player in NBA history to record 4-straight 50-point games while setting franchise record for most career 50-point games (18). I guess not better than Dirk though

LeBron averaged 27.3 points, 6.7 rebounds, 6.0 assists and 1.60 steals per game and became just the second player in NBA history to post three consecutive seasons of at least 27 points, 6 rebounds and 6 assists

If LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, or Chris Paul do not win the MVP award this year then there is something definetly wrong with the NBA.

Also I don't think DickieV is being racist by calling Steve Nash overrated, also what would anybody's skin color have to do with their ability to play basketball

Plain and simple.... If the NBA is going to give away MVP Trophies where is Steve Francis' award.  At least when he was in Houston in 01-02..  He averaged 21.6 pts, 7 assist, 6.4 Rebounds, and 1.4 steals!!!  He did not get it.... Stats way better than Nash's... 

BUT Steve Frnacis did not deserve to be the league MVP, that shows that Nash's meager stats show nuff did not deserve it!!!!!

nash is not great cause he is a AMAZING player...hes is great cause he makes his teammates so much better than what they would be with out him...thats what real great point gaurds do....

D' Antoinie is a Amazing coach that took an Average Point Guard and coached him into making everyone around him better... Nash had been nothing but average his entire career until he got D'Antonie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest DickVitale

Nash...(gulp) played one heck of a game today....(grinding my teeth as I type)... 8)....I am not a fan of him being MVP those years, but I can admit that the guy played his butt off today!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder