**Barbers Hill/Longview at SFA**

The only reason that I can see that BH wouldn't schedule WOS would be because of Coach Hooks! Don't get me wrong I think the man is an excellent coach, but I remember a lot of jawing going on by hooks and the BH coachs during last years scrimmage where Coach Hooks was being phisically restrained from running accross the field!! The may be a case of Ego's not fear of playing IMHO.

It's funny how it took one little mention of WO-S and BH in the same thread and you came running out of the Boonhill Docks.  Hilarious... :D

It would have been very easy for Coach Price to schedule WO-S, and now he has to arrange a travel date with a team all the way in northeast Texas.  Another possible reason Coach Price declined to play WO-S is that this year's scrimmage would have been played at Dan Hooks Stadium, and ole Dan insists on playing these in a "real game" format, which the BH coaches objected to two years ago. 

At any rate, BHFAN here's another chance for your team to get manhandled by a team east of the Trinity.  Go ahead and get your annual list of excuses ready...

"It's only a scrimmage"

"Scrimmages don't count"

"We were without our best player"

"We're just trying to find players to fill positions"

"The coaches aren't trying to win"

"We didn't lose...our defense dominated the line of scrimmage"

Just be happy Kirbyville didn't have an open scrimmage date. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dogs334

ha....... bh wouldnt want to get beat by a 2A ...... its one thing to play a big school, lose, and

say that hey... it was a prepatory game. we knew we were going to lose. but its

another to play a 2A and get beat. like silsbee and jasper did with newton........ but thats a whole

different thread. both jasper and silsbee had COMPLETELY blown coverages that i just didnt

understand whatsoever. and still newton had some dropped touchdowns that made the front page of

the paper.  ; )  like he was hugging his stomach with the ball at the bottom of the frame

The only reason that I can see that BH wouldn't schedule WOS would be because of Coach Hooks! Don't get me wrong I think the man is an excellent coach, but I remember a lot of jawing going on by hooks and the BH coachs during last years scrimmage where Coach Hooks was being phisically restrained from running accross the field!! The may be a case of Ego's not fear of playing IMHO.

It's funny how it took one little mention of WO-S and BH in the same thread and you came running out of the Boonhill Docks.  Hilarious... :D

It would have been very easy for Coach Price to schedule WO-S, and now he has to arrange a travel date with a team all the way in northeast Texas.  Another possible reason Coach Price declined to play WO-S is that this year's scrimmage would have been played at Dan Hooks Stadium, and ole Dan insists on playing these in a "real game" format, which the BH coaches objected to two years ago.   

At any rate, BHFAN here's another chance for your team to get manhandled by a team east of the Trinity.  Go ahead and get your annual list of excuses ready...

"It's only a scrimmage"

"Scrimmages don't count"

"We were without our best player"

"We're just trying to find players to fill positions"

"The coaches aren't trying to win"

"We didn't lose...our defense dominated the line of scrimmage"

Just be happy Kirbyville didn't have an open scrimmage date. 

Could be I know BH doesn't play scrimmages to win they use them to practice. Griff try to contain your jealousy of BH !Don't worry football is around the corner and WOS can place in the top three of district once again ;D MAn I bet that is a looooooonnnnnnnnngggggggggg off season ;D

Could be I know BH doesn't play scrimmages to win they use them to practice. Griff try to contain your jealousy of BH !Don't worry football is around the corner and WOS can place in the top three of district once again ;D MAn I bet that is a looooooonnnnnnnnngggggggggg off season ;D

Yeah, yeah, yeah...everyone knows the purpose of a scrimmage, but if BH would've "won" the scrimmages against WO-S, THEN they would have counted for more than just "practice" to you. 

Nevertheless, well wishes to BH in '08. 

Yeah, yeah, yeah...everyone knows the purpose of a scrimmage, but if BH would've "won" the scrimmages against WO-S, THEN they would have counted for more than just "practice" to you. 

Nevertheless, well wishes to BH in '08. 

Oh you would have never heard the end of it ;D 

Ok Griff lets call a truce this is getting old and you know deep down you like BHFAN anyway :-*

Now back to the topic. Everyone knows this will not be a game, but if BH can score a little and hold longview to less than 60 it will be a great experiance!!! Now before any BH fans get on and say "I cant beleive you said that". " you need to support the Eagles" Blah Blah Blah I'm just keeping it real there is not a lot if any 4A teams that can hang with the Lobos.

Now back to the topic. Everyone knows this will not be a game, but if BH can score a little and hold longview to less than 60 it will be a great experiance!!! Now before any BH fans get on and say "I cant beleive you said that". " you need to support the Eagles" Blah Blah Blah I'm just keeping it real there is not a lot if any 4A teams that can hang with the Lobos.

:D :D :D :D

That's hilarious to me for some reason.

Anything can happen on any given day. I've seen Longview choke too many times to not believe that. Good luck to you guys.

Anything can happen on any given day. I've seen Longview choke too many times to not believe that. Good luck to you guys.

BH began a rebuilding period last year and this year should be a little better.  I figure we should make the playoffs, but no chance in beating Dayton for the top spot.  Can't wait for the Longview game, we need two really good beat-downs this year.  Maybe the current head coach will eventually find his new job and we can maybe one day compete at the level Longview is at..

Longview is in a heck of a district and BH just climbed out of 3A to barely make 4A 2 years ago. If you guys are going to choke please save it for our game ;D ;D BH will come to play though, one thing the kids a BH do not lake is heart, will and determination. This starts in Kindergarden and is impressed on them throughout there time at BH! Great tradition in all UIL catagories! Goodluck to the Lobos I'm looking forward to this game!

There are just as many egos on the BH sideline as there are anywhere else in the state. 

I'm with ya on that one  ;)

BH FAN you'll be getting a message on that one. I'll let you guess from who????  :)

;D ;D

There are just as many egos on the BH sideline as there are anywhere else in the state. 

BH FAN you'll be getting a message on that one. I'll let you guess from who????  :)

;D ;D

If BH looking for someone to play with LM Coogs will play call us.With gas prices being what the are we are alot closer than Longveiw.

;D ;D

If BH looking for someone to play with LM Coogs will play call us.With gas prices being what the are we are alot closer than Longveiw.

If I'm not mistaken we had LaMarque originally scheduled at the beginning of the year before all of this happened. I sure wish Smiley/Forest Brook would have made this decision earlier! I would have loved to see BH on the field with LM.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83