Lumberton vs. Nacogdoches..NAC Advances!!

Game will be Friday night in Lufkin

Game Time: 7:00

Home Team: Nac  Visitors: Lumberton

Records: Nacogdoches (20-0-1)  Lumberton (18-4-1)

Playoff results:

Area Rnd: Lum defeated Pine Tree 1-0

Area Rnd: Nac defeated Waller 4-0

Nac was a very impressive team and as much as i hate to say it they deserved to win that game. But in no way possible did the score deserve to be 6 0. One goal results from our sweeper chest trapping in the box. Misplayed ball by the left back puts a ball directly in the middle of the field. Second half they get a free kick and our wall gets scared of the wall and breaks and then a poor defensive play by a defensive player results in a PK. They were a very good team, no doubt about that, they definitely are well deserved their undefeated season. But at most it should have been 2-3 to 0. But we played our hearts out that game and that's all that can be asked. We left our sweat and tears on that field, we gave it everything we had. Great Season Raiders. I love my family and our seniors will be greatly missed.

yeaaa Nac was really good..they could head the ball as far as i could clear it...only they headed it with so much accuracy it was insane.. they werent scared to run through the ball at all..their midfield dominated..it always looked like we were playing 14 or 15 guys at a time...they flew around like it was nothin..their defense swarmed to the ball..as far as the Raiders go.. i enjoyed playin with all of yall this year..thanks for takin me in on the team..Best of luck to ya next year..HAPPY BIRTHDAY JORGE!

Just when you think you're really pretty good.............There is so much talent out there that to make it to the big time is amazing.  That is the way it felt when we played you.

Kinda goes to show how far soccer in our area still needs to come.  Lumberton was by far the top of the class in our area, and they were beaten easily.

i wouldnt say by far. lcm tied them, vidor almost beat them, nederland i heard out played them just couldnt finish, and i think they were beaten by PA mermorial i believe. Yes they one district, they are good, but not by far the top of the class.

i wouldnt say by far. lcm tied them, vidor almost beat them, nederland i heard out played them just couldnt finish, and i think they were beaten by PA mermorial i believe. Yes they one district, they are good, but not by far the top of the class.

It's according to what your definition of by far is.  They finished their district campaign one point short of perfection while staying 8 points clear of second.  That's pretty dominating.  They had the top goals for / goals against average in our district.  That's pretty good. 

The "almost beat them" and "out played them but couldn't finish" excuses don't float in soccer.  Moral victories are for losers, not champions.

I think you should judge a team by how they finish, not how they began.  I think I know where I'd put my money if PAM and the Lumberheads played at the end of their seasons. 

I would have loved to have seen a full strength Kelly team play Lumberton mid-season.  I think that would have been the "Area Championship".

Nacogdoches played Houston Davis tonight and won 2-0.  Nacogdoches advances to the regional finals and will play Brenham probably on Friday.  Nacogdoches is an awesome team and by far the best that Lumberton has played this year. They are a well disciplined team and I expect them to go far.   

It's according to what your definition of by far is.  They finished their district campaign one point short of perfection while staying 8 points clear of second.  That's pretty dominating.  They had the top goals for / goals against average in our district.  That's pretty good. 

The "almost beat them" and "out played them but couldn't finish" excuses don't float in soccer.  Moral victories are for losers, not champions.

I think you should judge a team by how they finish, not how they began.  I think I know where I'd put my money if PAM and the Lumberheads played at the end of their seasons. 

I would have loved to have seen a full strength Kelly team play Lumberton mid-season.  I think that would have been the "Area Championship".

I agree with what you have said totally, even though i know i have been guilty of saying it was a "close game" and the "team was really good"...however for the "area championship" i really dont think you should throw your nederland team out of the window, because they did beat kelly and when we played yall looked very good, so i personally would like to see all three of the mentioned teams play at full strength. i think, as a retired high school player, they would be very fun games

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder