Daniel Marsh of Hardin should be on the Gamble team

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The couple of games I've seen Marsh play he didn't approach those numbers . From what I saw he was a hustle player which have thier place in real game situations ,but to play in allstars game you actually have to be able to play up tempo and shoot with range esp @ 6'1 dribble ,drive ,dish . mostly I saw him put missed shots not creating 4 himself teamates not versitile enough. Him over hammond maybe honestly . But when u said better athlete than Joseph that kid jumps a 41 inch confirmed vert runs a 4.45 forty clocked  .thats higher than 35 huh and hes shoot the 3  dribbles dishes and oh yeah dunks put it anywhere near the rim he has it .

DickV, was that a personal attack?  If it was it wasn't a very well thought-out one.  I can tell you didn't get a magnet-school education.

No, it was a mind your d#@n business attack..You were not a part of this discussion, yet you butt in, and put in your worthless 2 cents...BTW, I DID attend a MAGNET high school and was top 5 in my class...AND an athlete. And? Dude, go read a book or something, and stay off of the computer..You are clearly attempting to start something that does not need to be started.

Gotta love it when someone posts on a public forum and then says "this is non of your business."     :D :D

pssssssstt - hey DickieV -- I think Westend was directing this at YOU  ;D  ;D

Easy there basketball coach.I said I was a big fan of both Tramain and Marsh but we're gonna have to disagree on this one.Tramain is a true point guard,would be regardless of who he played for.He can penetrate and dish ,that was the reason EC was successful,he kept them all involved.Marsh on the other hand played well at the post with his back to the basket.He has great hands and can shoot the 10-12 ft jumper very well.I don't see him as a 2 or 3 on any team,much less the Gamble club simply because he doesn't hanle the ball real well or shoot the long ball very much.He would have a little trouble posting the "bigs" up that the Houston club will bring.Looking at the stats however he may have had the edge on Hammonds had he gotten the exposure.I did see both Thomas and Marsh play alot over the past 2 seasons and last summer thats where I formed my opinion.Both kids should be congratulated on great years.

I disagree. I think Marsh is the better player than Tramain. Marsh is more of a team player as well as leader. The way it looks to me is Marsh wants to be on the court, on the other hand, Tramain looks like HAS to do it. He dont have the heart Marsh does. Marsh comes out every game and plays. Tramain picks the games he wants to play.  To prove my point, lets go back in time a little. Hardin @ EC. Tramain grabs Marsh by the jersey to turn to his team and yell at them. To me that is lack of leadership and you just dont see that out of Marsh. Tramain may be a good athlete but not the better basketball player.

Well if he is such a great basketball player, he should be able to overcome things like that.

I am pretty much sure Marsh could handle it.

And if Marsh is so great he would have put his team mate in his place, and anyway I'd say tramain handled it pretty well we placed higher than you'll in district.

Bottom line is there is NO WAY some 6'2, class 2A post player is going to be chosen for the Gamble team..Its NOT happening..He is probably a good kid, and a pretty decent player and all, but this honor is not for him...move on.

Just wanted to jump in on this real quick, even though this thread is about Marsh from Hardin. 'Dickie V', your statement about says there is no way a 6'2 class 2A post player is going to be chosen for the Gamble team. Question, at 1-inch taller, you have Devin Brey from Kountze(2A); plays in the post; are you saying that as a Junior/Senior in the years to come, he has NO chance to make the "Gamble" team?

Carry on....

Guest DickVitale

Devin Bray MIGHT make it..No gurantee either way...Thing is, and my point with the other kid was that he is a 6'2 SENIOR post player, and they have 6'6, 6'7 and 6'5 already in the fold..no room...Bray might grow, but even now he IS an inch taller...You guys are always SO ready to jump down my throat! &^%*! Stop taking everything so darn personal..please!

Devin Bray MIGHT make it..No gurantee either way...Thing is, and my point with the other kid was that he is a 6'2 SENIOR post player, and they have 6'6, 6'7 and 6'5 already in the fold..no room...Bray might grow, but even now he IS an inch taller...You guys are always SO ready to jump down my throat! [b]&^%*! Stop taking everything so darn personal..please!

Well to clear things up, I don't even know who YOU ARE to be ready to jump down "your" throat. I just responded to a statement made on the board, and could care less who posted it. Nothing personal intended, and no feelings were put into my post. All I did was ask a general question in regards to a post that you made. Seems like you're the one taking it personal with the "&^%*! " ???

I disagree. I think Marsh is the better player than Tramain. Marsh is more of a team player as well as leader. The way it looks to me is Marsh wants to be on the court, on the other hand, Tramain looks like HAS to do it. He dont have the heart Marsh does. Marsh comes out every game and plays. Tramain picks the games he wants to play.   To prove my point, lets go back in time a little. Hardin @ EC. Tramain grabs Marsh by the jersey to turn to his team and yell at them. To me that is lack of leadership and you just dont see that out of Marsh. Tramain may be a good athlete but not the better basketball player.

hdbasketball star.One of the few times I've disagreed with ya on this or any other topic.Thomas is the ultimate team leader.Early in his career he had CJ and Preston to dish to but this year EC went as far as he could take them.Vance was playing hurt and everyone else the Bucs had were role players made better by Thomas.I don't think the roles would have changed if the players would have changed places,Tramain would still have been the PG and Marsh would still have played the post.Simply because thats where there strengths put them.I don't buy in to the small school arguement at all,if you can play at 2-a you can play at 4-a if you have talent.Just for arguments sake Kountze's next Gamble all star won't be Brae,it will be Walker.This kids upside is tremendous.

I disagree. I think Marsh is the better player than Tramain. Marsh is more of a team player as well as leader. The way it looks to me is Marsh wants to be on the court, on the other hand, Tramain looks like HAS to do it. He dont have the heart Marsh does. Marsh comes out every game and plays. Tramain picks the games he wants to play.   To prove my point, lets go back in time a little. Hardin @ EC. Tramain grabs Marsh by the jersey to turn to his team and yell at them. To me that is lack of leadership and you just dont see that out of Marsh. Tramain may be a good athlete but not the better basketball player.

This isnt true at all Tramain not only played his game all year but was constantly helping his team mates telling them what their supposed to be doing.

This isnt true at all Tramain not only played his game all year but was constantly helping his team mates telling them what their supposed to be doing.

I thought it was the coach's job to tell the players what they are supposed to be doing, not the "team leader".  It has been my experience that most, if not all, players that "constantly help...by telling them what they are supposed to be doing" usually are not that popular with the teammates.  I mean that a player could be saying, "what a know-it-all!!" or "dang, I know what I am supposed to be doing...I don't need my teammate telling me what I am doing wrong."  Being a team leader is more than that...like being respectful to officials, having a positive attitude, etc. 

BTW, if McDonald played hurt, what would he have looked like 100% healthy?  He looked really good when I saw him play.

You guys are beneathe me...  Man Dickie's point is real...  No way Marsh plays 4A or 5A at 6'2" and has those numbers...  Leaping ability is not the factor for a good rebounder.  Its about positioning and timing any coach would tell you that.  Also there are far more talented and atheletic players in 4A and 5A so that jumping ability would be nuetralized.  And Far more better TEAMS...  If I Jacoby on a 2A team he has ridiculous stats too...  The level of competition can make your stats look a little better than your game!!!  I agree that there are players on the 1-3A levels that are GREAT and can play against big school players, but MOST TEAMS in 1-3A are not that good!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder