Top 10 Baseball week ending April 27

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, I get it.  If you beat high island, you get a win.  If you lose to Atascocita, you get a loss.  thus, the team that beat high island is the better team.  Makes sense to me.   ::)

lol........ :D

BH has the Brooks number the past two years........no doubt (even last season with the offence WB had).

yet the only local 4a team with a victory in ,at least, the past 3 years vs WB is ......(wow) Ozen (also against the mammoth lineup WB had last year).

Even in a 'down year' WB with a victory tonight will be sitting in THIRD PLACE in a very competetive 5a district.........

GO BROOK!!! 

There is no dispute that BH is the best team in the area this year.... but to say that it makes sense to judge upon district standings when not all the teams are in the same district... who knows how the game would turn out if every one of these teams played each other....  to me it would make sense to also judge upon strength in schedule in district perhaps... which may knock brook up a few ranks due to losses to teams in the top 10 in the greater houston area .. especially in 5a.... but also i cant contradict myself because who knows what the game would turn out to be... but unless there is a local tournament which consisted of all the teams on this website.. who knows... until then lets be smart and consider all outside forces such as strength in schedule and also add in their record but dont forget the quality of teams they play

I see a shake up coming.

Rankings/Next opponent

1.….Barbers Hill.......Beat Crosby 11-4 /New Caney

2.….PNG…………Beat LCM 11-1 /Ned

3....LCM.........Lost to PNG 11-1 /Ozen

4.….Vidor……….Beat Lumberton 10-4 / Dayton

5…..BC…………..Beat OF 5-2 /Kirbyville

6....Jasper.......Lost to HF 14-2 /WOS

7.…Westbrook....Beat Kingwood 5-4/Lee

8.…Ozen..........Beat Dayton 6-4 /LCM

[move]Huffman lost to GP 8-1 [/move]

9...Silsbee………..Beat WOS 13-9 /HJ

10..Hardin-Jefferson………Beat Kirbyville 13-4 /Silsbee

My two top games will be Ned/PNG and HJ/Silsbee.

Nederland is in must win situation against the Indians. Todd will probably get the nod for PNG, Nederland will start whoever Coach Robins feels can contain a very good hitting team.

HJ and Silsbee are very similar teams. Monse (HJ) and McDonald (Sil) both are quality pitchers, I feel HJ swings the bat a little better. 

I see a shake up coming.

Rankings/Next opponent

1.….Barbers Hill.......Beat Crosby 11-4 /New Caney

2.….PNG…………Beat LCM 11-1 /Ned

3....LCM.........Lost to PNG 11-1 /Ozen

4.….Vidor……….Beat Lumberton 10-4 / Dayton

5…..BC…………..Beat OF 5-2 /Kirbyville

6....Jasper.......Lost to HF 14-2 /WOS

7.…Westbrook....Beat Kingwood 5-4/Lee

8.…Ozen..........Beat Dayton 6-4 /LCM

[move]Huffman lost to GP 8-1 [/move]

9...Silsbee………..Beat WOS 13-9 /HJ

10..Hardin-Jefferson………Beat Kirbyville 13-4 /Silsbee

;D ;D ;D

Since Brook has beaten PNG, Ozen and Nederland, and LCM has been hammered by PNG and Ozen, it seems that Brook should be top 3.  This ranking is a joke!

Come on now Westend are you serious?

Since Brook has beaten PNG, Ozen and Nederland, and LCM has been hammered by PNG and Ozen, it seems that Brook should be top 3.  This ranking is a joke!

I think they're a legit #3 behind BH and BC

By the way, Critter...... :'( :'( No HR's for the Hill. But another "W".  ;D

I tell you who is legit is Atascocita.  ;D

OK, big shake up coming. Let's see your top 10.  Can BH beat everyone on this list? Nederland beats PNG's No 2, LCM drops both games this week. Vidor beats Dayton and Lumberton. BC goes 2-0 with wins over OF and Kirbyville. Jasper loses to a hot HF and destroys WOS. WB gets 2 big wins over Kingwood and Lee. Ozen goes 2-0 with wins over Dayton and LCM and their No 1. HJ knocks off Silsbee and is in the thick of it.

Can BC beat WB, Vidor, PNG or Barbers Hill? Does WB beat Barbers Hill? Where does Nederland go with a big win, also HJ? 

Rankings/Next opponent

1.….Barbers Hill.......Beat Crosby 11-4 / Beat New Caney 3-2

2.….PNG…………Beat LCM 11-1 / Lost to Ned 6-3

3....LCM.........Lost to PNG 11-1 / Lost to Ozen 5-3

4.….Vidor……….Beat Lumberton 10-4 / Beat Dayton 13-1

5…..BC…………..Beat OF 5-2 / Beat Kirbyville 11-2

6....Jasper.......Lost to HF 14-2 / Beat WOS 19-2

7.…Westbrook....Beat Kingwood 5-4 / Beat Lee 7-5

8.…Ozen..........Beat Dayton 6-4 / Beat LCM 5-3

[move]Huffman lost to GP 8-1 / Beat Smiley 15-4 [/move]

9...Silsbee………..Beat WOS 13-9 / Lost to HJ 7-2

10..Hardin-Jefferson………Beat Kirbyville 13-4 / Beat Silsbee 7-2

How can you not like Ruth? The man keeps us up with the latest info on local teams and then gives us a poll and keeps up with all the kids. I cannot tell who the man roots for bc he is very fair and never bashes teams. So Ruth even though you have us on a scroll you are OK in our book. Even though you live in the GT you have a very bright mind like that of a fan west of the Trinity.  ;D

OK, big shake up coming. Let's see your top 10.  Can BH beat everyone on this list? Nederland beats PNG's No 2, LCM drops both games this week. Vidor beats Dayton and Lumberton. BC goes 2-0 with wins over OF and Kirbyville. Jasper loses to a hot HF and destroys WOS. WB gets 2 big wins over Kingwood and Lee. Ozen goes 2-0 with wins over Dayton and LCM and their No 1. HJ knocks off Silsbee and is in the thick of it.

Can BC beat WB, Vidor, PNG or Barbers Hill? Does WB beat Barbers Hill? Where does Nederland go with a big win, also HJ?   

Rankings/Next opponent

1.….Barbers Hill.......Beat Crosby 11-4 / Beat New Caney 3-2

2.….PNG…………Beat LCM 11-1 / Lost to Ned 6-3

3....LCM.........Lost to PNG 11-1 / Lost to Ozen 5-3

4.….Vidor……….Beat Lumberton 10-4 / Beat Dayton 13-1

5…..BC…………..Beat OF 5-2 / Beat Kirbyville 11-2

6....Jasper.......Lost to HF 14-2 / Beat WOS 19-2

7.…Westbrook....Beat Kingwood 5-4 / Beat Lee 7-5

8.…Ozen..........Beat Dayton 6-4 / Beat LCM 5-3

[move]Huffman lost to GP 8-1 / Beat Smiley 15-4 [/move]

9...Silsbee………..Beat WOS 13-9 / Lost to HJ 7-2

10..Hardin-Jefferson………Beat Kirbyville 13-4 / Beat Silsbee 7-2

" Can BH beat everyone on this list"  Maybe..maybe not.

Good job on the win...Sorry to hear about no hr's. ;D.....You called it we had one and it was Jackson first inning...

Good job on the win...Sorry to hear about no hr's. ;D.....You called it we had one and it was Jackson first inning...

8) 8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder