Brenham 10 LCM 0

DaBears

The Bears had their heads handed to them on a platter tonight. Bears come in after putting up 18, 18, and 10 the first three games. Tonight they get 2 hits and no other balls reach the outfield. 9 strikeouts in 5 innings. Cubs run, steal, and bomb their way to 10 runs in just 4 at bats. Umpire switch was due to the initial plate umpire being injured by a foul ball to the arm. Bears even balk in a run in the 1st cause they dont know about the new balk rule. Cubs steal 5 or 6 bases, I lost count. Had a nearly full house at Firemans, great atmosphere, just didnt go the Bears way. Bears will play against class 5a Bryan tomorrow at 5pm.

go bears

actually, it was the umpire's pinky that got hit...

the first 2 innings WERE a nightmare because of "home cookin'"...but also because Brenham had their ace up there as well...the 2 combined took the Osos out of their mindset...which in a way is a good thing to learn before district...how to remain focused...

the Battlin' Bears are nowhere near done...this was one game in a reaaly early season...

replacement umpire was a welcome switch to balanced consistency...but our bats still struggled...

Briseno for the Bears came in and did a fine job for the last 2 innings...

I guess I saw a different game than every other person posting on here, but no offense to the LCM fans but the umpires had nothing to do with this one, except delay the first two innings. There was two check swings that both went against the Bears but other than that they were a no factor. The factor was Kyle Mangan, #12 the pitcher/hitter for the Brenham Cubs. He throw his best game in a while with 9 K's, and only 2 hits in 5 innings and no other balls out of the infield. Plus he hit the finishing nail with a 2 run BOMB in the 4th that went about 400 feet. The game was over when the Bear pitcher that started could throw a strike for two innings for whatever reason but it wasn't umpiring. JMO but I was there, and Fireman's Park was no wheres near capacity, actually quite lite for a Friday night game in Brenham.

Yeah, he did a tremendous job, he was able to give up enough runs to put the Bears out of their misery in 4 and 1/2. Cubs score 3 in first, 3 in second and 4 in the 4th. Cubs hit 2 homers. Someone please explain how it was the umps fault?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Bears took an old fashion whipping. They learned a lesson that there is a difference between 72 mph pitching and mid 80s pitching. The Bears swing it really well against poor pitching like they see most of the year but tonight it was ugly. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day for the green machine.

Well the LCM radar had Mangan at 89-90 mph consistently and his slider was for strikes all night. This wasn't just decent pitching tonight Manganis the real deal. And I guess Griff know what he was doing when he walked him intentionall y the other two at bats because he hit the only pitch he saw all night 400 feet. Good luck tomorrow

the 2 check swings, the same check swing calls we didn't get, the balk on a "new rule" which was foot placement more than trying to fool the runner,...

all that contributed to a loss of mental concentration...

but...

Mangan pitched a fine game...so he beat us more than the umpire did...

and I think you would get an argument from a lot of pitchers that we have faced in regards to them being characterized as "poor"...

Guest co4ch

the 2 check swings, the same check swing calls we didn't get, the balk on a "new rule" which was foot placement more than trying to fool the runner,...

all that contributed to a loss of mental concentration...

but...

Mangan pitched a fine game...so he beat us more than the umpire did...

and I think you would get an argument from a lot of pitchers that we have faced in regards to them being characterized as "poor"...

elhector, I did ssay and will say it again there were two BAD CALLS against you on both check swings but "lapse of concetration" then lose 10-0 in 5 innings. If the Bears are that mentally weak to lose that MUCH CONCENTRATION, they have no chance anyway. Come on call it what it was a pure old fashion butt whopping. Tonight there was no doubt who the better team was, tomorrow who knows but please get off the umpires, the game was well called except fot two plays, the balk was the right call, it is what the rule is there for. Give credit where its due and dont rip umps, 10-0 has never been caused by umpiring.

Guest leatherneck

Co4ch you are right about Brenham being the bettter team that night.  Umps were horribly just for two innings, LCM loss becuase they got beat.  I do have a question about the new rule for the balk, just curious what is the new rule?

Well the LCM radar had Mangan at 89-90 mph consistently and his slider was for strikes all night. This wasn't just decent pitching tonight Manganis the real deal. And I guess Griff know what he was doing when he walked him intentionall y the other two at bats because he hit the only pitch he saw all night 400 feet. Good luck tomorrow

Yes Mr. Mangan, your boy is the real deal from what we hear.  Good luck to you all the rest of the way.  I do wish our AD wasn't posting on message boards however.

Ten run rule, dont think the umps were the cause. Heard that Mangan kid was a hoss McNeese tried to get him for football, they have his big brother at tight end he's good too.  the younger is going to AM I think. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way.

Guest co4ch

Yes Mr. Mangan, your boy is the real deal from what we hear.  Good luck to you all the rest of the way.  I do wish our AD wasn't posting on message boards however.

Ill tell you what, 3amagic, I will call him and relay your wishes to him, but better yet why don't you call him yourself and give him your wisdom, hahaha!

co4ch...

the new rule on the balk which was called on Jones in the Brenham game, was being violated by the Bryan pitcher in today's game.  The Bears coaching staff brought this up to the 1st base umpire, who was the same exact one who called it on Jones.  Result?  A warning to the Bryan coaching staff, reminding them of the new balk rule....

Yesterday's game was a strong win for Mangan, He is an excellent pitcher, and did well for his team.  His strong pitching resulted in a 10 run rule, and needless errors by our team contributed.

Today's game against Bryan hopefully got the error bug out of the Bears.  Though they lost, they fought till the end.  The maturity level is increasing, and it bodes well for the team.

Good talking to you...

ElHector, I know you have told me this before, but tell me again about the highlights of your high school, college, and professional baseball playing career. Those stories are always so interesting. Also, did the rep from Nike tight fit find you at the game? He was looking for you to give you an endorsement deal. It will be awesome to see you on one of their ads!!!!!! A real east texas celeb!!!!!!!

actually, DaBears, in the beautiful West Texas town of El Paso, I threw 105...

of course, I had a 60 mile per hour wind at my back, and the sandstorm kind of confused the umpire and the gun a little bit...

then in college...wait...I didn't go to college...

in the semi-pros, I had a wicked "33 finger cheeseball" which  I could always count on being called a strike...'cause it stuck to the bat....

and my "45 finger chili heater" always caused quite a stir...and frequent trips to the dugout, so my catcher could change out his glove, to keep from rubbing his eyes and gettin' them to water...

all in all, pretty interesting...

One of the reasons VOP...but not the whole reason...

I don't expect a perfect strike zone...just a consistent one.  Each umpire has a unique perspective and a way to call a zone, but if they call it both ways, I have no complaint at all.

I don't expect a perfect call on safe or out on base runners...they have a perspective that I don't...

I don't expect to not be penalized on the rules...but I do expect the same umpire to enforce them evenly...

Our boys realize that they have a lot of responsibility in the 2 losses.  The umpires were only a part of those losses, not the whole reason.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder