*Ozen vs. Lamar Consolidated Playoff/Ozen Advances 60-58/Comments*

KFDM COOP

they lack ONE huge thing last night....A kid named DECARLOS FRANK!

yea its a shame that LC is not able to have kids from anywhere go to school their.

I still remember d franks playing his summer ball at central his 8th grade year.

Would central still be in playoffs if D Franks was in school there??????:

Wow, Central iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis 9-12 grade unless I missed something. He goes to Ozen and kids are allowed to move around the district. What does any of it have to do with D Franks being a good basketball player? ???

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DickVitale

yea its a shame that LC is not able to have kids from anywhere go to school their.

I still remember d franks playing his summer ball at central his 8th grade year.

Here they come, just as I expected...the haters and excuses and what ifs...I have said it before IF your grandma had b%^^s, the she would be your GRANDPA! Kids have choices EVERYWHERE..And by the way Rosenburg (Lamar Cons.) has more than one school AND the Fort Bend ISD is right next door...They HAVE choices too..DeCarlos is at Ozen because he and his folks want him at Ozen..No other reason...build it, and they will come. Thats the name of the game. period, end of discussion. oh yeah......chuuuuch!

Here they come, just as I expected...the haters and excuses and what ifs...I have said it before IF your grandma had b%^^s, the she would be your GRANDPA! Kids have choices EVERYWHERE..And by the way Rosenburg (Lamar Cons.) has more than one school AND the Fort Bend ISD is right next door...They HAVE choices too..DeCarlos is at Ozen because he and his folks want him at Ozen..No other reason...build it, and they will come. Thats the name of the game. period, end of discussion. oh yeah......chuuuuch!

DickyV- wouldn't this quote apply to Kelly?  You always dog them for recruiting.... but they have never gone looking for players... the players came to them.  Don't be a hypocrite...

On a side note, if I was a kid in this area I would LOVE to play for Boutee!!  What a guy!

Guest DickVitale

DickyV- wouldn't this quote apply to Kelly?  You always dog them for recruiting.... but they have never gone looking for players... the players came to them.  Don't be a hypocrite...

On a side note, if I was a kid in this area I would LOVE to play for Boutee!!  What a guy!

Heck no (and thats NOT what I really want to say) That does NOT apply to Kelly...THEY ACTIVELY recruit kids from public schools, in football and basketball to come to their little school...Ever heard of a kid named Kheeston Randall? You know the story....I dont want to hear that at all...Kelly is no powerhouse that will draw kids there...It IN TAPPS...Pop Warner is more prestigious...Kheeston did not just wake up and say.."I think I will go to Kelly.." He was recruited, and this I KNOW...One of many..Ever hear of a Port Arthur kid named...Brown? Did NOT want to attend Memorial initially and who comes CALLING....KELLY coaches...FACT..Do not get me started on them, please.

Guest DickVitale

there  is no difference about what goes on at kelly than what goes on at Ozen. And Dickie you know dang well your brother would agree.

Build it and they will come? What a school in bmt where anyone can attend, but yet they remain 4a

What kid do you KNOW that was recruited to Ozen? Go ahead I'll wait.......NONE. "Build it, and they will come" means that the program is established and kids want to be a part of it..period..no recruiting necessary...Who do you "blame" for being a school with 4A enrollment? That is not a very intelligent point, team first.

"build it and the they will come' ..I love that movie..the only problem is that is what Duke and Carolina,

Indiana, and UCLA should be saying...Most high schools in our grand state can build it and continue to play with the kids within their schools boundaries...and don't say the city of beaumont is Ozen boundaries, because if so, that 4a district would only have 7 teams in it....

If kids are allowed to attend the school of their choice without having to live within it's boundaries, then that school must be 5A in the case of Ozen.  

From UIL:

is a resident of the member school district (see Section 442), and a resident of the attendance zone in which

the participant school being attended is situated.

Magnet School (like you say Ozen is Dickie):

A magnet or

special school for academically gifted students shall be assigned to a conference upon the basis of the

enrollment of the school in its member school district having the largest enrollment.

Therefore, why is Ozen not in 5A like Beaumont Westbrook?  

You should know this Dickie, since you were a coach and all.

Dicky V -

I was at Kelly during that time.... contrary to what people say, we never went to a kid and asked him to come to Kelly.  Period.  You will not win this argument with me.  J'Covan came to Kelly because his older brother was there and his parents loved it!

I am not saying that Ozen does this, because I don't think they have to....  Their athletic program does all the talking for itself.... just as Kelly's academic program does all the talking.  99% of kids at Kelly go to college.... I would want my kid at a school like that.... athletics would come second.

You seem too bitter all the time..... sit back and enjoy life...  haha

Guest DickVitale

I will try to answer as many questions on here as I can...Here we go:

Brain, I don't know why you are trying to imply that ANY Ozen player was recruited...Stop it..please..That is illegal and does not go on at Ozen..period.

hjhawks, I WAS talking about Jonathan Brown as well...He WAS ASKED TO COME TO KELLY by a coach from Port Arthur (who I will not reveal), and the premise was to get J'Covan there as well...FACT..For you to say that 99% of Kelly's kids go on to college is NOT TRUE...99%? Come on, you cant think that ANYONE will believe that, do you? EVERY kid at Kelly DOES NOT go on to college..Just 2 Kelly grads that decide to go into the military completely shuts that theory down...

Aces, once again I ask...Who is the "blame" for Ozen being 4A? You can't hide numbers...If Ozen had 5A numbers, Ozen would be 5A...duh..

team first, if you build a solid basketball program, then KIDS WILL WANT TO COME TO IT AND BE A PART OF IT...Its that simple...why are you making this a complicated issue? 

INTERESTING NAME JUST MENTIONED . WHAT 'S H-J GRADUATION TO COLLEGE RATIO?

I don't really think thats a fair question. Hardin-Jefferson, Ozen, Westbrook, etc, etc, bah-hhhh are public schools. Open to all under very limited restrictions, and free. Schools like Kelly are of a different color. Green!

And with that green comes an education geared towards a college curriculum and thats what attract parents to Kelly. They enroll them with the dream of attending college.

Shoot, half the kids at Hardin-Jefferson go work on the farm after graduation........I'm just kidding!

Guest DickVitale

This hjhawks guy was talking about a 99% college entrance rate at Kelly.... ::) ::)...Get the heck outta here.  99%...Like we are just dumb enough to believe that nonsense...Some people. ::)...

Back to topic.... 99% anim_lol.gif

I can name seven that came out with me that were too busy trying to be misfits to go to college and two were on the brink of failing out of Kelly. (kelly thugs are so funny!!! :D)  One returned to go to college at 22. Two went to the military...  The others are currently weed heads!!!

Fact is that Ozen has the best coach in BMT and kids want to play with that.  Zoning issues do not exist in Beaumont because of extended families.... So here is my Grannies address...  Been here since 7 yrs. old... lol ;D

Central's best atheletes don't are not always in school  :-X, (D@mn I hated saying that) and Westbrook has the worst coach in Texas!

therefore, Ozen is the best program...

DickieV this is what you said:

They HAVE choices too..DeCarlos is at Ozen because he and his folks want him at Ozen..No other reason...build it, and they will come.

So regardless of where DeCarlos lives, he can attend Ozen now.  Did Franks parents move within Ozen's boudaries?  You say build it, and they will come (apparently no matter where they live within the school district).  You have stated before that Ozen is a magnet school.  That is why kids from outside of their boundaries can attend school there.  Did you not read the UIL statement that I posted? 

Here it is again since you didn't catch it the 1st time:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A magnet or

special school for academically gifted students shall be assigned to a conference upon the basis of the

enrollment of the school in its member school district having the largest enrollment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This means Ozen (being a magnet) should be in it's member school district having the largest enrollment (Westbrook). 

Therefore, I ask you once more...Why is Ozen not in 5A???

They HAVE choices too..DeCarlos is at Ozen because he and his folks want him at Ozen..No other reason...build it, and they will come.

So regardless of where DeCarlos lives, he can attend Ozen now.  Did Franks parents move within Ozen's boudaries?  You say build it, and they will come (apparently no matter where they live within the school district).  You have stated before that Ozen is a magnet school.  That is why kids from outside of their boundaries can attend school there.  Did you not read the UIL statement that I posted? 

A magnet or

This means Ozen (being a magnet) should be in it's member school district having the largest enrollment (Westbrook). 

Central has been disignated a magnet school too so are you saying they should be 5A too...  Are is Central their member school and not the Brook?  UIL I need clarafication!!!!!!

Guest DickVitale

A magnet or

There are no "boundaries" in BISD...Wherever you begin your 9th grade year becomes YOUR HOME SCHOOL...Zoning is a dead issue, due to various magnet programs throughout the city of Beaumont on the middle school and high school level...Like shorttexas said, Central is a magnet school also, and that does NOT equate to being 5A...NUMBERS equate classification per UIL..DeCarlos CHOSE Ozen...Thats where he is, thats where he belongs...OZEN.

You people always want to figure out excuses why programs not named Westbrook, or Hardin-Jefferson, or Nederland, etc., are successful...No SHORTCUTS necessary! ;)...P-R-O-G-R-A-M! Face it..It is what it is...Now, enjoy the playoffs!

No clarification needed.  By definition, since both are magnet schools (and members of BISD, along with Westbrook), Central Medical Magnet and Clifton J Ozen Magnet H.S. should be 5A. 

It's as clear as day on the UIL website.  Personally, I don't see how they get away with it.  The rule was made to prevent competitive advantage for these schools.  Image if Houston ISD or Dallas ISD was given the same advantage as Beaumont ISD. 

Guest DickVitale

No clarification needed.  By definition, since both are magnet schools (and members of BISD, along with Westbrook), Central Medical Magnet and Clifton J Ozen Magnet H.S. should be 5A. 

It's as clear as day on the UIL website.  Personally, I don't see how they get away with it.  The rule was made to prevent competitive advantage for these schools.  Image if Houston ISD or Dallas ISD was given the same advantage as Beaumont ISD. 

Of the 23 Houston ISD high schools only 7 are 5A...So you mean to tell me the other 16 are NON-Magnet schools?  ::) ...NO...Once again, you people always want to cry unfair, when its not PNG, Nederland, Bridge City, Vidor, etc...You folks will NEVER get it... ::)

I guess you can't read Dickie.  Or understand the UIL quote that I referenced.  More than likely though, you just want to close your eyes and believe it's not true. 

You tell me in your own words what that UIL quote means then? 

You being the supporter of Ozen, Yates, or any other historically black school as you so racially stereotyped myself as being a fan of Ned, PNG, Vidor, Bridge City, etc.

You must bring race into every discussion.  Thats sad.

Guest DickVitale

I guess you can't read Dickie.  Or understand the UIL quote that I referenced.  More than likely though, you just want to close your eyes and believe it's not true. 

You tell me in your own words what that UIL quote means then? 

You being the supporter of Ozen, Yates, or any other historically black school as you so racially stereotyped myself as being a fan of Ned, PNG, Vidor, Bridge City, etc.

You must bring race into every discussion.  Thats sad.

Never brought race in at all here..You did...How in the heck do you figure I "support" Yates? Or any other historically black school? Thats ignorant.  UIL classification as it pertains to athletics is based SOLELY on STUDENT ENROLLMENT..SOLELY..It has NOTHING to do with magnet school status..In ATHLETICS..NOTHING....The race card was played by you on this one..I am not responsible for your assumption....brother. ;)

Wow...did not realize BISD had no boundaries...with over 100,000 people in Bmt and only 13,000 in the LCM area, no wonder we could not get Ozen when we played them...we were building, but kept getting the same types of players, the ones from our area. Wonder if we got us a medical magnet going, and got some of those WOS kids in there.....It might help us in our athletic programs and we would have some more students headed toward medical school....I'm headed toward the Adm. Bldg right now to see the Suuuuup...I'll let you know what they say at a later time...Until then...off-season better be going gooooood !!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder