*Ozen vs. Lamar Consolidated Playoff/Ozen Advances 60-58/Comments*

KFDM COOP

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DickVitale

Still won't matter...Just try to get IN the playoffs next season in basketball...Just shoot for 2nd....or 3rd place next season...1st is OUT OF THE QUESTION, but 2nd or 3rd would get you IN... 8)

Guest DickVitale

That is retarded...HOUSTON HAS OVER 2 MILLION to "pull" from....OK, forget the suburbs....There are more than 500,000 residents in Houston ISD alone...so what? Always looking for an excuse... ::)..BTW, Kountze would beat Houston Austin by 30+, and there are less than 2000 residents in Kountze.. ::)..excuses, excuses...

Guest DickVitale

That was only ONE example..My point was Houston Austin has more than 500,000 kids to "pull" from as you call it, but who in the heck wants to go to Hou. Austin? NO PROGRAM...That further proves my point...If you have a PROGRAM, you will be at the very least COMPETITIVE year in and year out...

But let me state clearly that I respect what Kountze has accomplished in basketball over the years because they have done it fairly and within the boundaries of their school.  It's not like the city of Beaumont where kids can live right across the street from a HS, but CHOOSE to attend a rival HS within the district.  Dickie, this is called a competitive advantage.  I would not have a problem with that either, if they had to obey by the rules set forth by the UIL.  But somehow they get by with being a magnet school, but not have to live by the rules of a magnet school. 

And Dickie, enrollment does not matter when you are a magnet school.  You must be in the conference (classification) of the largest school in your ISD.  If you do not believe me...then call the UIL yourself.  I figured a former coach would at least know the rules.  I guess you didn't bother yourself with that stuff when you were coaching. 

And NO, Houston Austin does NOT have 500,000 people to pull from.  They can only pull from the students in the boundaries of their school.  Unlike Ozen, who pulls from the entire pop. of Beaumont. 

Let me ask you this.  Can any kid in Beaumont attend Westbrook if they choose?  Or do they have to live in a certain area of Bmt?

Still won't matter...Just try to get IN the playoffs next season in basketball...Just shoot for 2nd....or 3rd place next season...1st is OUT OF THE QUESTION, but 2nd or 3rd would get you IN... 8)

if the school i rooted for got to choose from as many as ozen did, i would never be bragging about winning district ever year. Hell they are supposed to, they have an unfair advantage. I would only and i mean only brag if they won state.

You know and i know dickie, that your brother used to complain about Ozen having an unfair advatage also, until central was named the future docors of america. Since they where named that, central now has a better 9th grade class than ozen.

Dickie who is going to out coach who tom?  remember u say if the favorite team wins, that the winning coach always out coached the losing coach.

Guest DickVitale

But let me state clearly that I respect what Kountze has accomplished in basketball over the years because they have done it fairly and within the boundaries of their school.  It's not like the city of Beaumont where kids can live right across the street from a HS, but CHOOSE to attend a rival HS within the district.  Dickie, this is called a competitive advantage.  I would not have a problem with that either, if they had to obey by the rules set forth by the UIL.  But somehow they get by with being a magnet school, but not have to live by the rules of a magnet school. 

And Dickie, enrollment does not matter when you are a magnet school.  You must be in the conference (classification) of the largest school in your ISD.  If you do not believe me...then call the UIL yourself.  I figured a former coach would at least know the rules.  I guess you didn't bother yourself with that stuff when you were coaching. 

Former? No, not quite, I have not gone anywhere, but anyway...That makes NO sense what you are saying..You mean to tell me that, for example, Waltrip in Houston ISD, and 4A which has an AP Magnet Program, cannot have that and be 4A, since there are larger schools in the district? That make NO sense..Your interpretation is not correct on this one..sorry..Just think about what you are saying...In Beaumont, kids are now able to go to whatever high school they want to..Its called OPEN enrollment..Stipulation is, once you have chosen a school, it becomes your home school and you cannot transfer for athletic purposes, and you must have permission from the district to do so, with good reason.."competitive advantage"? You people don't say that once BASEBALL season comes around, now do you?

Guest DickVitale

You said it yourself.  They have a magnet program.  Whereas Clifton J Ozen Magnet High School and Central Medical Magnet are magnet schools

BTW, is there open enrollment at Westbrook too?

Yes, so what is your point? What is your crusade about? WHY? This convo never comes up during baseball season, so why now? Cause certain teams are always sitting at home this time of year? What are you trying to prove?

Guest DickVitale

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(...Report it then, if there is a violation..Report it or shut up about it...YOU CAN'T because there is NO VIOLATION of any rules...Baseball season is coming up...Tell your boys to get ready, get those steroids ready, and play ball...They should make the playoffs in THAT...Wanna talk about breaking rules?  ;)

Hey Dickie, check out this link I found. If you put in your address in Beaumont, it tells you what school you are supposed to attend.  That's a joke.  ::)

This is the hidden content, please

Because we all know that you can attend any school in Beaumont regardless of where you live.  You mean to tell me with all that program building at Ozen, they still can't make the playoffs in football or baseball?  All you have is hoops?  Weak.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(...Report it then, if there is a violation..Report it or shut up about it...YOU CAN'T because there is NO VIOLATION of any rules...Baseball season is coming up...Tell your boys to get ready, get those steroids ready, and play ball...They should make the playoffs in THAT...Wanna talk about breaking rules?  ;)

OOOO thats going to burn

You said it yourself.  They have a magnet program.  Whereas Clifton J Ozen Magnet High School and Central Medical Magnet are magnet schools

BTW, is there open enrollment at Westbrook too?

Why does this subject come up everytime Ozen does something well in sports.  Ozen and Central both have magnet programs so they don't fall within the UIL's guidelines.  If Central were a true magnet school, then my daughter would be taking nursing classes along with the other 1500 or so kids.  All of Ozen's 1200 or so would be in the continuation of the Pegasus program which starts @Odem Academy.  But of course, no one pays attention to WB being 800 kids over building capacity(for those who use Beaumont's population as an argument).  BISD has attendence zones but because of No child left behind and Task scores delusion, all multischool districts allow transfers under the understanding that the school can help his or her child pass that test(I tend to hold kids responsible rather than the school).  Also, Kelly and Heritage pull from all the public schools so there it is.  Besides, please make me understand through your country bumpkin logic, how a team of 12-15 kids is somehow stealing players from other programs in Beaumont????

since when does magnet programs not fall under uil rules??

but u are rt, not being a true magnet is how they get away with not being 5a. But they still are able to have the whole bisd kids go to what ever school they want.

no one said the kids where stealing players from other programs. And if u think there are only 12-15 kids in a program, u are way off.

kelly and heritage pull from all the public schools so there what is???

kelly and heritage dont participate in the uil  so their rules are totaly different. They also dont participate agaist the other uil obeying teams

Besides, please make me understand through your country bumpkin logic, how a team of 12-15 kids is somehow stealing players from other programs in Beaumont????

Country bumpkin logic?  How can someone from the bustling metropolis of PORT ACRES call anyone a country bumpkin.  Good lord, Port Acres is the only town I know of where gangstas wear fishing hooks in their hats.  And I wish I made that up, but saw it first hand at The Store.  You know The Store...as in the only.

Then Ozen should be good in football since they have an advantage, right?  Actually, once you establish a reputable program, student-athletes will lean towards those programs.

Texas A&M is a prime example. A&M didn't get any respect when I was in college. They began to win some major bowl games and their recruiting took off.

Besides, please make me understand through your country bumpkin logic, how a team of 12-15 kids is somehow stealing players from other programs in Beaumont????

Country bumpkin logic?  How can someone from the bustling metropolis of PORT ACRES call anyone a country bumpkin.  Good lord, Port Acres is the only town I know of where gangstas wear fishing hooks in their hats.  And I wish I made that up, but saw it first hand at The Store.  You know The Store...as in the only.

May have graduated from the Acres but I have a full world view of things.  But you didn't answer the  question.  I want to know how Ozen is stealing from the other schools only during basketball season when the team only holds 12-15 players???

where did u get stealing from?  Where do u get 12-15 from? since most basketball programs have about 50 players throughout the program.

All that was said was that the kids have no boundaries, they can go to any of the schools they want, do to the magnet title. But the bisd does not have to follow the uil rules of being a magnet school, since like u said they are not true magnet school.

So simply put they are allowed to get sny athlete they want, and still stay 4a.

You tell me how that is fair

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami