*Ozen vs. Lamar Consolidated Playoff/Ozen Advances 60-58/Comments*

KFDM COOP

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where did u get stealing from?  Where do u get 12-15 from? since most basketball programs have about 50 players throughout the program.

All that was said was that the kids have no boundaries, they can go to any of the schools they want, do to the magnet title. But the bisd does not have to follow the uil rules of being a magnet school, since like u said they are not true magnet school.

So simply put they are allowed to get sny athlete they want, and still stay 4a.

You tell me how that is fair

They're in 4A because of their numbers.  Don't be mad, especially since BISD's attendence zones don't affect you in LC-M or where ever you reside.  BTW, WB is over capacity by 800 and Ozen is under capacity by 500 but only 12-15 kids can play on varsity at one time.  Explain the 'fairness' in BISD assigning 2 elementary schools in and near the Pear Orchard to Marshall, which is in the West End?  Explain that to me.

where did u get stealing from?  Where do u get 12-15 from? since most basketball programs have about 50 players throughout the program.

All that was said was that the kids have no boundaries, they can go to any of the schools they want, do to the magnet title. But the bisd does not have to follow the uil rules of being a magnet school, since like u said they are not true magnet school.

They're in 4A because of their numbers.  Don't be mad, especially since BISD's attendence zones don't affect you in LC-M or where ever you reside.  BTW, WB is over capacity by 800 and Ozen is under capacity by 500 but only 12-15 kids can play on varsity at one time.  Explain the 'fairness' in BISD assigning 2 elementary schools in and near the Pear Orchard to Marshall, which is in the West End?  Explain that to me.

And based on your information, West Brook just by sheer numbers should be further in the playoffs because they have a better selection than Ozen. I guess thats a another positive that Ozen obviously have excellent coaching.

Guest DickVitale

Enough with attendance zone stuff. It's really stupid. It's not the kids or coaches fault in this case, it's the ISD.

Dickie, you dig your self into holes.

COOP could you delete this... What does this have to do with High School Boys Basketball?????

Its not JUST Coop on here that watches this kind of crap. There are other moderators too, but once Coop sees it, he usually handles it..It's OK, though. I appreciate the concern, too, shorttexas, but as I have told you before, there are some people on here that enjoy scandal..People that know me, KNOW what I have been through, where I am at, and where I am going. Thats all that matters.  The people that know and care about ME, not Dickie V, know the situation...They also hate my brother-in-law's success..Thats not a secret either..Some give him his due, but most in SE Texas hate the fact that he has dominated this area for so long. Then they want to blame boundaries ONLY during hoops season...You know what it is shortt...I know you do.

My oh my....Do not know Dickie V.....Do know coach B at Ozen..excellent coach!  Someone said we should be happy that the kids at Ozen are having success, but we do not talk about the other sports!  This is a basketball board first, and second I could care less about discussing the other sports. the bottom line is simple, if you go to Austin and hear the announcer talking about past teams success and you hear Ozen and Dallas Lincoln mentioned, the first thing that comes to mind is MAGNET. Teams who have an advantage....There is no denying that ..It's okay to admit it, it's not the kids or coaches fault, it's the fault of the UIL to allow it to happen and I will tell you why! UIL has a mission statement about fairness , sportsmanship etc... If I was a coach , I would have a hard time explaining to the players why the kid acroos the tracks can't come in and play for us!!!! What about all the other kids in that 4a district, are they not working hard? Are they  not going through off-season. Rules are rules, but there is obviously a flaw in the system...because other sports do not dominate, still does not make it right. As a matter of fact, I do follow Ozen in the playoffs year after year, still got that little question in the back of my mind...What if the MAGNET  did not exist????

And based on your information, West Brook just by sheer numbers should be further in the playoffs because they have a better selection than Ozen. I guess thats a another positive that Ozen obviously have excellent coaching.

Yes, Ozen has the best b-ball coach in the area bar none.  It's about time you admit the obvious.....

My oh my....Do not know Dickie V.....Do know coach B at Ozen..excellent coach!  Someone said we should be happy that the kids at Ozen are having success, but we do not talk about the other sports!  This is a basketball board first, and second I could care less about discussing the other sports. the bottom line is simple, if you go to Austin and hear the announcer talking about past teams success and you hear Ozen and Dallas Lincoln mentioned, the first thing that comes to mind is MAGNET. Teams who have an advantage....There is no denying that ..It's okay to admit it, it's not the kids or coaches fault, it's the fault of the UIL to allow it to happen and I will tell you why! UIL has a mission statement about fairness , sportsmanship etc... If I was a coach , I would have a hard time explaining to the players why the kid acroos the tracks can't come in and play for us!!!! What about all the other kids in that 4a district, are they not working hard? Are they  not going through off-season. Rules are rules, but there is obviously a flaw in the system...because other sports do not dominate, still does not make it right. As a matter of fact, I do follow Ozen in the playoffs year after year, still got that little question in the back of my mind...What if the MAGNET  did not exist????

Please...  It is an acedemic MAGNET not a sports MAGNET...  I would have that problem if it was Ozen Basketball Magnet, but it is not...  There is no advantage... That's why all magnets are not successful in sports!!!!  But most are successful in acedemics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please...  It is an acedemic MAGNET not a sports MAGNET...  I would have that problem if it was Ozen Basketball Magnet, but it is not...  There is no advantage... That's why all magnets are not successful in sports!!!!  But most are successful in acedemics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Essentially it is.  Students who want to go to the medical profession go to Central.  Students who want to play basketball go to Ozen Basketball Academy. 

Essentially it is.  Students who want to go to the medical profession go to Central.  Students who want to play basketball go to Ozen Basketball Academy. 

Cut the bull Bullets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coming out of middle school Lopez was considered a top Beaumont Guard...  He did not go to Ozen and trust me when I say Boutte would have loved to have him...  Gulley was a top player coming out of Middle school too and he did not choose Ozen...  Both kids could start now for Ozen so there is your bubble burst!!

Guest DickVitale

Cut the bull Bullets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coming out of middle school Lopez was considered a top Beaumont Guard...  He did not go to Ozen and trust me when I say Boutte would have loved to have him...  Gulley was a top player coming out of Middle school too and he did not choose Ozen...  Both kids could start now for Ozen so there is your bubble burst!!

Dang, shortt!! :D...You hit the nail on the head though...Like I said, they only complain during this time of year...its obvious..Basketball Academy? wow...So Bullets, is HJ a basketball academy, or are they just a well coached program?  ::) ::)..

Thanks Dickie!!

That was a crazy statement...  He doesn't know that Vincent went amost undefeated two years in a row (lost one game in a tournement their eigth grade year) with Lopez and L. Whittington.  These kids both average 25 points a game in middle school... They were phenomenal!  Trust me if there was recruiting the Ozen Team would be:

Willie Jefferson

Jacoby Joseph

Jamar Gulley

Decarlos Frank

Donte Lopez

Easy guys... it was a joke (with a little bit of truth in it).  I think it's a safe bet that Ozen gets more than 33.3% of the elite basketball players coming through Beaumont.  I'm sure that this is not coincidence, and I'm sure that these great basketball players don't choose Ozen for academic purposes.  Most of these great players chose to go to Ozen because it's the best basketball program.  Of course not every great player is going to go to Ozen.  WB and Central put quality teams out every year, but Ozen remains the cream of the crop.  I was just stirring the pot a little.  Don't think I'm griping because I feel that WB and Central are getting the short end of the stick.  I'm an HJ boy who just happens to work in BISD, and my students will end up going to all three high schools when they're old enough.  I don't root for a particular Beaumont team, but cheer for them all equally.  As for HJ being a basketball academy, they do teach them pretty well over there, don't they? 

here we go...One might say that H.J. is not an academy, but just a solid program built from little dribblers on up....When they get to H.S. they have tons of on court experience and as we know very good coaching at that level..not a magnet, all of the kids live within H.J. boundaries...did I hear academic magnet...medical magnet....really, there will not be a comment from me on that, I hope you were only kidding.  The difference is simple, H.J. and the rest of their district play by the same rules, if they win nobody goes on board and says they are different, same with East Chambers, TRADITION.....Ozen wins first year in and year out, solid players with quality coaching...TRADITION WITH A TWIST....There is no getting around it...sorry!!!!

Yes, Ozen has the best b-ball coach in the area bar none.  It's about time you admit the obvious.....

I don't take anything away from Boutee. He is an excellent coach. I only hope he loses to Yates. Thats all!

Guest DickVitale

here we go...One might say that H.J. is not an academy, but just a solid program built from little dribblers on up....When they get to H.S. they have tons of on court experience and as we know very good coaching at that level..not a magnet, all of the kids live within H.J. boundaries...did I hear academic magnet...medical magnet....really, there will not be a comment from me on that, I hope you were only kidding.  The difference is simple, H.J. and the rest of their district play by the same rules, if they win nobody goes on board and says they are different, same with East Chambers, TRADITION.....Ozen wins first year in and year out, solid players with quality coaching...TRADITION WITH A TWIST....There is no getting around it...sorry!!!!

"Tradition with a twist"? That is a bunch of BS...I knew you guys would get on here and say "HJ plays with the kids within the boundary"..Well so does Ozen..There are no Ozen kids from Port Arthur...Silsbee...Orange...They are all in BEAUMONT...NO Difference...You guys want SO bad for HJ to be this squeaky clean, All American program, and you want Ozen to have an asterik...That is BS and you know it..."twist".. ::)...Lord...SE Texas mentality. :(

I completely agree but i think breon is better for ozen than lopez would be

Please!... Donte show his skill in a head to head match-up without a coach and almost came out on top...!  Breon makes less mistakes on the court because Boutte runs an offensive scheme.  WB's coach never calls a play or run a scheme... Those kids just play with no guidance at all...  Breon is not closeto the skill level of Lopez!

I completely agree but i think breon is better for ozen than lopez would be

Please!... Donte show his skill in a head to head match-up without a coach and almost came out on top...!  Breon makes less mistakes on the court because Boutte runs an offensive scheme.  WB's coach never calls a play or run a scheme... Those kids just play with no guidance at all...  Breon is not closeto the skill level of Lopez!

ozen does run a system that doesn't allow 4 1 on 1 match up its easier to play w/o a system in play thanks for proving my point

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami