*Big Sandy vs. Elkhart Slocum Playoff/BS WINS IN OT 58-57!!!*

KFDM COOP

I was at the game tonight, wow, it was a great game to watch.  This is kind of my "i told you so" post because i said this game was a toss up and could go either way while everyone else picked BS by double digits, and i got ripped mercilessly and called biased.  Well this game was back and forth with several lead changes and i dont think either team got up by more than 6 pts the whole game!  Big Sandy played Slocum real well in the first half, but Slocum hit 2 buzzer beater shots to end each quarter to kind of take back the momentum.  In the 2nd half, both teams were in the bonus by the end of the 3rd quarter.  I thought the key to victory for Big Sandy was 2 things:  Free throwing shooting and Mckinney.  BS shot a lot of free throws in the 2nd half and they didnt miss hardly at all.  Mckinney was a beast in the paint, especially getting all the offensive and defensive boards.  The end of the game was crazy.  Slocum was up 6 points with under 30 seconds left!  Slocum had 2 turnovers trying to inbound in the backcourt and Big Sandy hit a 3 in the corner to make it a 3 point game after the first turnover.  After the 2nd turnover, they had the ball with around 10 seconds down 3.  They put up a 3 and missed and one of the BS guards grabbed the rebound and rushed to the 3 point line with a second or 2 left.  As soon as he gets a foot across the line he just turns and throws it up toward the basket with his momentum still going toward mid court and the shot goes in on the buzzer, amazing!  In OT, Big Sandy had a 1 point lead at the end, and Slocum had the ball with under 10 seconds left.  They got their star player the ball, he dribbled up and took a shot right inside the 3 point line and tried to draw a foul as he shot it and didnt get off a great shot or get the call.  Thats how it ended.  I talked to coach Foster after the game to congratulate him and he said this was a very tough game for them, and he knew it coming in, and hated to see one of these teams lose.  He said Mckinney wasnt 100% going into the game (didnt i say that catman?), although i couldnt tell that much, he played a heck of a game.  Coach Foster is a classy guy and i wish the best for he and his team the rest of the playoffs.  Good luck to Big Sandy the rest of the way.  I'll be rooting for yall...

JEFF PLAY A HECK OF A GAME #34 ON THE BOARD.BUT I THOUGHT #3 PLAY THE BEST GAME OF HIS LIFE,THE POINT GUARD. TROY#12 FOUL OUT,AND # 10 TOLAR FOUL OUT,WHEN THOSE 2 FOUL OUT I THOUGHT THE GAME WAS OVER,BUT I WAS WRONG,THE BENCH STEP UP AND WON THIS GAME. GOOD LUCK TO SLOCUM IN THE YEARS TO COME THEY HAVE A GREAT TEAM. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) I CANT SAY HOW HAPPY I WAS TO SEE ALL THE FAN FROM BS THEY PACK THE GYM.

Guest bigsandy2

ok people slocum played a heck of a game but hands down to bs  they never gave up and came out on top and a special shout out to KYLE ROBERDS because some say it was luck but this kid can ball  never leave him open !!!!!!!  oh and when spurger beat bs there were 2 starters out so wish yall the best of luck  see ya saturday unless cayuga gets in the way

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder