Who Has The Strongest Little League This Year?

With baseball starting up, I figured I would find out who is going to be strong this year.  Groves National has seen a large influx of Groves American players coming over this year. I look for our league to pretty strong come All Star time, and I know Nederland combined thier two leagues. Any thoughts on your leagues?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that BCLL combined with Orangefield and half of the Orange youth league. Is that true? If so it will make them even stronger. This ought to be a great year for youth baseball. If only the kids would make league ball their number #1 priority. I understand select, but it was nice when representing your community was a big deal. I know it still is, but with local kids spread throughout different leagues, it doesn't seem as much. Good luck to all area youth leagues this year and have a great season.

I heard that BCLL combined with Orangefield and half of the Orange youth league. Is that true? If so it will make them even stronger. This ought to be a great year for youth baseball. If only the kids would make league ball their number #1 priority. I understand select, but it was nice when representing your community was a big deal. I know it still is, but with local kids spread throughout different leagues, it doesn't seem as much. Good luck to all area youth leagues this year and have a great season.

Is it  that your best players are opting out for the Select teams and leaving your league with weaker players or it's just the numbers in general that are your concerns ???

Is it  that your best players are opting out for the Select teams and leaving your league with weaker players or it's just the numbers in general that are your concerns ???

We only have 225 kids in our entire league. I know of two 12 year olds for sure that opted to play select only this year are very good ball players, but the select team their on said select only. We still have great ball players playing our league, but if we had all of the kids that play select only in Groves play only at little league it would really help. Our city is only about 17,000 and we have a little league and a pony league with the same ages. That's what I meant by the talent is split up in three different leagues (Select, Pony, Little League)  Once you get to 13 years old, we have kids that play select, Babe Ruth Port Neches Pony and their all split up again.

FHWS agreed to not have Saturday games this year so a lot of our select players will be participating in league. This should make us a lot more competitive than we have been the last few years.

Smart League!!!! Wish ours would wise up and do the same and pull some select players back to league.

Haven't Bridge City and Groves won that district the last few years?

I know for a fact that the nederland south 11 year olds won there district last year. Now that they combined both North and South, look out for the 12 year old Nederland Allstar team this year. I think they will be the team to beat. Now as for the other age divisons, nederland will not be that strong, because most of them are playing select baseball. I think the 10,11 year olds allstars will be a fight between Groves and Bridge City.

I DONT REMEMBER ABOUT THE 10 YEAR OLDS BUT BC LAST YEAR WON THE 8 AND 9 YEAR OLD ALLSTARS. YOUR COMMENT ABOUT BC NOT ABLE TO COMPETE IS PRETTY BOLD. BOTH SIDES HAVE GOOD PLAYERS I THINK ITS WHOEVER SHOWS UP AND PLAYS THEIR GAME.

I DONT REMEMBER ABOUT THE 10 YEAR OLDS BUT BC LAST YEAR WON THE 8 AND 9 YEAR OLD ALLSTARS. YOUR COMMENT ABOUT BC NOT ABLE TO COMPETE IS PRETTY BOLD. BOTH SIDES HAVE GOOD PLAYERS I THINK ITS WHOEVER SHOWS UP AND PLAYS THEIR GAME.

I AGREE, BIGFISH WAS A LITTLE BOLD ON HIS CHOICE OF WORDS. YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER THESE ARE 12 YEAR OLD BOYS AND THEY MAY LOOK UNBEATABLE AT ONE TIME AND THEN LOSS TO A TEAM THEY SHOULD BEAT. HOWEVER THERE IS NO DOUBT THAT NEDERLAND WILL BE TOUGH TO BEAT THIS YEAR IN THE 12 YEAR OLDS. NOW AS FAR AS THE OTHER AGE DIVISON- BC AND GROVES WILL BE THE TEAMS TO BEAT.

Groves went 2 and out at sectionals.  At least our West End boys won a couple of games, one of those from eventual east texas state champions, Tomball.    :P

Yes Groves was not really that talented mainly had Drake Hernandez and beat BC off of walks,But a win is a win

In 11 yr olds BC was probaly the most talented at the regional tournament.

Groves went 2 and out at sectionals.  At least our West End boys won a couple of games, one of those from eventual east texas state champions, Tomball.    :P

And the year before that? That's what I thought. Historically mid county has spanked the Beaumont area teams in youth baseball. I know because I came up through Amelia and back then the winner of the Beaumont area played the winner of mid-county and they won almost every year.

And the year before that? That's what I thought. Historically mid county has spanked the Beaumont area teams in youth baseball. I know because I came up through Amelia and back then the winner of the Beaumont area played the winner of mid-county and they won almost every year.

So, I did a little research and this is what I found:

2000-WELL beat PNG 8-0

2001-WELL beat PNG twice  2-0 and 7-5

2002-WELL beat Ned North 9-2(Sectional champs)

2003-BC beat amelia 9-6

2004-WELL beat Ned 5-3

2005-Ned beat North End twice 13-5 and 20-9

2006-groves beat Jasper twice 6-2 and 13-0(Champs)

5-5 since 2000, and we didn't have a head to head last year because Mid county was 2 and out.(to two teams that WELL beat)  Doesn't like like a historical

spanking to me.   I don't know what happened before that, but does it really matter?  At best, it's a draw.   ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder