Kimbo Slice is a Monster!!!

Look at the people hes fought,Tank was a can and took a dive.... When Kimbo faces someone who has a ground/wrestling game and a decent standup hes in trouble.

Kinda like the almighty Brock Lesnar, he got exposed to all the wrassling fans by Frank Mir! One dimensional equals trouble in MMA.

First off, Tank didn't take a dive, he got knocked the frick out.  He is a can though.  And as he should be. Kimbo should not be fighting the best of the best with barely a year of MMA under his belt.  Watch though, he will be fighting the best eventually.  Right now he would get stomped by even a mediocre UFC grappler or BJJ guy, but he will get better, much better. 

And Brock Lesner looked great in his debut, his situation is almost exactly Kimbo's, except it shows what would have happened if Kimbo was given a former heavyweight champion in his very first fight.  (Kimbo has three professional MMA bouts, his first one to Roy Mercer, a retired boxer).  Both have more potential than any other fighter I've ever seen come into MMA in recent history. 

Hats off to Tank though, that guy gets beat almost every time he steps in the ring (or cage) and he still comes back to fight without training or anything.  Either he loves to bang or he loves the money he still gets to fight.

First off, Tank didn't take a dive, he got knocked the frick out.  He is a can though.  And as he should be. Kimbo should not be fighting the best of the best with barely a year of MMA under his belt.  Watch though, he will be fighting the best eventually.  Right now he would get stomped by even a mediocre UFC grappler or BJJ guy, but he will get better, much better. 

And Brock Lesner looked great in his debut, his situation is almost exactly Kimbo's, except it shows what would have happened if Kimbo was given a former heavyweight champion in his very first fight.  (Kimbo has three professional MMA bouts, his first one to Roy Mercer, a retired boxer).  Both have more potential than any other fighter I've ever seen come into MMA in recent history. 

Hats off to Tank though, that guy gets beat almost every time he steps in the ring (or cage) and he still comes back to fight without training or anything.  Either he loves to bang or he loves the money he still gets to fight.

Re-watch that fight, Im not sure Tank was hit solid once! For someone that was knocked out ONCE before that fight he sure fell quick without ever really getting hit solid. If youre familiar with Kimbo Slice then you should know that the one time he was pounded was by MMA fighter Gannon,so why not give him Gannon again this time under MMA rules? Or maybe Paul Buenetello(sp). He would get destroyed by anyone in the top 100...I say feed him to Fedor and let all of the huggers come back down to earth.. :o

As for Brock,if you consider landing a few punches looking great then yes he looked awesome,but MMA is more than just punching and I think Mir showed that.

Brock landed more than just a few shots. He pounded on Mir for the short time he had the "upper hand" (can't really call it that because he was, after all, fighting Frank Mir).  Mir's face was beat up, I wish I could find the picture, it's on www.mmamani.com somewhere.  Now I want to say that I agree with you that nearly any fighter with experience on the ground will be able to beat these two guys.  The reason that they are such a big draw is because of their enormous POTENTIAL.  They are big, they are tough, and they are marketable.  I really really think that they are the next two superstars in MMA, provided they don't do anything stupid or get too old too quickly.

Do I think Kimbo is ready for Fedor? hell no. He's not even ready for Tim Silvia.  But I would bet money he would kick Gannon if they fought now.  And you're right Buentello would be a great fight, and it is rumored to be his next fight, so we will see.

And I re-watched the fight, Kimbo clocked him. 

And Tank has been knocked out 6 times including his loss to Kimbo.  Ironically it's more than the amount of times he's actually knocked someone else out in a fight.

This is the hidden content, please

There are other better resources out there, and this one is wrong about how many knockouts he's made, (it's 5 instead of 4). But it will do.

Poor,poor Tank... I hear he will got into the UFC HOF IF he ever decides to retire.

As far as those two guys having potential and being marketable, I dont believe they are such a big draw because they have potential its because all of the hype around them, Brock is so well known by all the wrassling fans and Kimbo was such a big deal on the net street fighting. I dont believe you can gauge their potential by the losers theyve fought, especially Brock,he lost!

Mirs face did have signs he was in a fight, but he won! If you ever watch Fedor his face is beatup every fight yet we all know the outcomes. Watch him fight Choy,look at his face and then watch the outcome. Look at Nog... I dont believe your opponents face especially in a loss determines your potential or what you could do in other matches.

Heres a quote from Gary "Bigdaddy" Goodridge about Kimbo....From what Ive read hes been trying to get a fight with Kimbo but cotinues to be turned down..

"Any candy-a$$ s**t-head, that lets men do there talking for them... is just that. Tank fought anyone anytime like myself. Kimbo is not in the same class as Tank and myself... Tank and myself are not made up names... We fought for everything we got, anyone that was put in front of us. No one spoon feed him or myself with any opponent."

"Kimbo looks to be a big strong man, that is overrated. I would bet money that I could force him over my knee. As big as he is, I am betting that I could spank his a$$. This is not me blowing my horn. I myself asked for a fight with Kimbo, not two month ago and was turned down. Why? cause I was to experienced for him. This is an individual that is having his record padded. Yes my friends Kimbo is a poof... A big strong looking guy, but can't dance with the big dawgs of this sport yet..."

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kimbo is a bad man but right now is not ready for UFC. He talked a little noise on Lidell and I think if they were to fight anytime soon, if Lidell wasnt hurt, Chuck would get the better of  him.

As much as I cant stand the hype that surrounds Kimbo I think he would dislocate Liddells mohawk...Liddell rans his trap first about Kimbo and Kimbo fired back,though never mentioning Chucks name, Kimbo called him out and said they could handle it anywhere he wanted! Its easy for Liddell to talk all that garbage because he knows that fight will never happen.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    julianhudges
    Newest Member
    julianhudges