Best Overall Coaching Staff In SE Texas?

No talent in Huntsville.  Huntsville is loaded with athletes year in and year out.  Cornell also didnt win at Palastine.  Hooks is a legend say what you want not Cornell.  Go back and look at the history of Huntsville.  They have talent.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wos country

Look my son played there. He and i know who really coaches the team. Oh by the way when Thompson left those few years the place fell to crap that has taken 3 years to get back on track discipline wise etc. When Cornell wasn't there there was no discipline and the offseason fell to crap.

Guest wos country

Well sure he's going to get the wins because he has the title HC. People at WOS really know not you. All i have to say is ask some former wos coaches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 year later...

I'd say Newton and WOS. 

WOS  240-62-2 over 26 years only 1 sub .500 season

Newton 284-86-6 over 32 years only 2 sub .500 seasons

Those rate on both state AND national all-time lists.

You only enjoy that kind of success over that long of a period with consistent, quality coaching.  NO school has talent for 30 consecutive years.

Other key indicators:

How often do either of those programs lose to teams that are less talented or from a lower classification?  Hardly ever.

How often do those teams beat teams that are more talented or from a larger classification?  Quite often.

Both these staffs are the type that will take a team with 5-5 talent and go 10-2.

Guest ECBucFan

Both these staffs are the type that will take a team with 5-5 talent and go 10-2.

Rarely (if ever) do these have 5-5 talent teams. Both have won throughout the years with very high levels of athleticism. We hear the publicity all the time, no denying that. Most likely, the "1 sub .500 season" and "2 sub .500 seasons" were the times when they didn't have the athletic advantage.

Guest Penny

Here's the deal and mark it down, Penny said it!!

You have the best two coaching staffs, hands down... don't argue it.

You have an offense in Nederland that is proven and will move the ball.

You have a defense in WOS that is as good as any in the STATE, classification considered.

Then you have the Nederland defense... that is better and freakin digustingly sick of the talk of how SOFT they are... that proves to be fireworks.

NED vs. WOS.... folks in both county's have LONGED for this rematch... gonna be fun to watch... make no mistake the athletes in WOS school districtic will match up well with the DAWGS... LETS GET IT OOOOON!!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw