*Post Saturday Scrimmage Comments And Scores Here*

Ozen vs Bridge City Cardinals

I was quite surprised at the giant talent base available for the Cardinals.  This team will be another good one again this year.  They won over 4A Ozen.  I was a little worried about replacing Johnny Dishon an all- time favorite.  There was a perfect "between" long hit ball and Dustin Breaux(CF) made a great leaping catch;  I sat back and said to myself, "The talent is still emerging"

This team should be ready by District time, I am not worried that there will be a let-down this season.  Years of quality select ball by many Uth seems to always payoff.

Guess folks do read this stuff  LOL

Bryan 8 over PNG 7 (6 innings) Carnahan, Harrison, Sweetenham pitched

PNG 4 over Lufkin 2 (7 innings) Todd, Woods, Smith pitched

PNG playing fairly solid ball.  A few errors by underclassmen.  Will work out the kinks before district.  Good competition in 5A for preseason helps.

Woodville    0 0 0  0 2 0  0 0 -  2    2    3

Kelly          0 3 3  1 0 3  0 2  -  12  13  4

WP - Zach Celeste

Kelly Highlights :

Anthony Fazio strikes out 5 of 6 batters faced.

Donnie Carona : 3 for 4 , 3 doubles.

Connor McDonald :  3 for 4

Daniel Mulvaney : 2 for 4

Bryan 8 over PNG 7 (6 innings) Carnahan, Harrison, Sweetenham pitched

PNG 4 over Lufkin 2 (7 innings) Todd, Woods, Smith pitched

PNG playing fairly solid ball.  A few errors by underclassmen.  Will work out the kinks before district.  Good competition in 5A for preseason helps.

Looking at this re-cap PNG has some pitching that can help with a playoff run.

I don't know how the Todd kid perform in the scrimmage but what I saw in the summer the kid has a wicked breaking ball. He also can swing the bat. I look for him to be a big contributor.   

Guest BC boy 17

B.C won the game 3-2 they did a good job. Hicks threw the ball well.

Ozen kick the ball around a bit. Lott threw the 1st 3 innings 6ks, 1hit,and 1walk

Gardiner threw the ball well also. They will meet again in a week or two should be a good one.

i thought the score was 4-1 in BC's favor  ??? but Ozen has a pretty good pitching staff this year and team

Guest Orangeboy

No it was 3-2 BC, Ozen's DD Lott pitched well in his 3 innings striking out 8 Redbirds, allowing only 1 hit, with no walks. BC really didn't start hitting the ball til the end of the scrimmage. But hey its still early for both teams. Snyder, Robertson, and Hicks all pitched well for BC. 

Vidor beat OF 9 to 4. Hester went deep and looked good throwing the ball. Robiceaux and Simms looked good as well. Need to work on base running. Had several picked off.

Robichau and Sims will give Vidor many quality innings, the guy below could be lights out.

brtraehesterdj4.jpg 

Trae Hester

Hester looked lights out throwing against OF . He picked up several MPH over the summer on his fastball. He still needs to get better control of the curve. Got alot of pop in the bat to.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder