Teams that should've been

Guest tigersvoice

Which teams have been the best in the past not to make it to Austin? How about the Silsbee team in like '96 that went undefeated through the regular season only to get beat in the first round?

Yeah, I'm up here in Silsbee and remember rushing to that playoff game in Lufkin after work and it turned out to be one of my greatest sports disappointments.  Chappell Hill, finished third in their district and came into that game like they had never heard of Silsbee nor had they looked at the rankings in the last 6 years.  They played that way too.  It was a heart break.  Silsbee really had some talent on that squad.  I think I remember that we (Silsbee) did not play a "Fill-in" game and were idle for two weeks.  Coach caught you know what for that.

Team from 92' was the best that I remember.  Pee-Wee and all of them went undefeated to the championship game and lost a heartbreaker.  Those playoff losses when they are that good are the reason there is no respect in the rankings.

Like I said earlier.  Win state and start building those championship bloodlines and then the respect comes.    ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder