Who's your 21 3-a MVP

Jdad

I think I am the only person to say a girl from another team should get the MVP over their own superstar. What little reasoning skills I have lead me to that decision.---Silsbee loves Ang--OF loves KK--HJ and myself loves KB--The reality is that not too many of us have seen the other girls play more than 2 or 3 times. That being the case how can we intelligently say one girl is a better player than the other 2 or made a bigger difference in their teams success. From watching 2 games???. All the girls played the game differently to ensure their team had the best chance to win. If they had to be a scorer, I'm sure they shot alot, and if they had a good supporting cast they could dish out more assist and weren't required to score as much, (with assist being equally important), the same with defense, etc. And to know all these things you needed to attend most of the games all three girls played. I doubt many of us did this. The only thing we know for sure is that OF won district. This is why I think KK has the edge on the other 2. Not saying she is the best player and not saying she isn't, remember I only saw her play one game. But she was the star of the district champs. And there is MVP value in that.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of your points are valid except the people who will be voting also only saw each play twice and it was against them. I will agree if you say only one can win then KK is that one. The only difference is when its too close to call because they are all deserving why not CO-MVP's. They have district championships like that and it doesn't take away anything from anyone of them it just says great things about the district.

All District MVP

KK Little (OF) (25 ppg)

Co-Offensive MVP

KB (HJ)and Ang Green (Sils)

Defensive MVP

Laura Riddick (OF) (6.5)

New Commer

Not Sure

First Team

1. Morre (HJ) (Jr.)

2. Tyler (Sils) (Sr.)

3. Wagner (OF) (Jr.)

(10.7ppg)

4. Wright (HF) (Jr.)

5. Hall (HJ) (Jr.)

6. L. Angelle (BC) (Sr.)

7. Beach (OF) (Jr.) (maybe  new commer?) (13.6ppg)

8. Wright (Kville) (Jr.)

Second Team

1. Weldon (OF) (Jr.)  

(7.28 ppg)

2. Fontnot (HJ) (So.)

3. J. Angelle (BC) (Sr.)

4. Breadon (HJ) (Sr.)

5. Middleton (Jasper)

6. Teanan (Kville) (Sr.)

7. Fill it in  

8. Fill it in

Before anyone gets mad, I just looked through the book, and saw what the players on the list did against Orangefield.  I didn't see any other games.

Laura avgs. more steals and rebounds than probably anyone is this district ( I knoe for sure she had 9rb against HJ) thats why I picked her for defensive MVP.

Some of your points are valid except the people who will be voting also only saw each play twice and it was against them. I will agree if you say only one can win then KK is that one. The only difference is when its too close to call because they are all deserving why not CO-MVP's. They have district championships like that and it doesn't take away anything from anyone of them it just says great things about the district.

I agree Jdad.

Guest bleed orange

I told myself I was not going to comment on this thread and you know why but you guy's forced my hand. We could debate this all day. Actually I am proud of everyone because all of the post have been positive and unbiased. Of course a community is a Little partial towards their own player that is natural and expected. All three are great kids. They will get the recognition they deserve just like all of the other players in 21 3A. This year was awesome for the district just like the rest of the years when they formed this district.

Awards are material things that you can show your kids and grandkids and be proud of but they really don't mean much in the real world. Awards in high school will not help you get a job. A college education will.

Miss Green already has that opportunity to play basketball and get that degree and I hope she does. I hope that KK and KB also get that chance because they can play at the next level. My daughter will play somewhere even if she has to walk on. She loves the game that much and for that reason I don't mind paying for it. Each player has their own strength's so don't say that one is better than the other because they are not. It's not up to us who gets what. I am just glad that the girls forum is finally getting some action that they deserve. Good job Jdad and everyone else who posted. I am telling you right now that two teams will be at the regional tournament from 21 3A. We are that good. I just hope they do not water down the picks because I do not believe that every kid should get a ribbon.

I couldn't remember if Fontnot was on varsity last year or not.  And I didn't give it to her because she didn't score in the first game between OF/HJ.  I only went by the book I had, so I have no idea how she did the rest of district.  Hall may have a lot of rebound, but does she have a lot of steals to go with it?  I'm going to ask Coach Jost for the stats tomorrow too.  If Riddick doesn't get defensive MVP then KB should!  Ang as good as she is, and I know I'm going to get it by saying this, didn't impress me DEFENSIVELY both times we played, and I'm going to get it again by saying this, KB only scored 10 & 13 against OF.  That's why I think KK should be MVP.

I think Ang and KB are AWESOME PLAYERS just to let everyone know ;D

I'm not from any of these three schools, but I would like to say all three are GREAT players. Each person is the most vital part to their team. Orangefield would suffer without KK, HJ would suffer without KB, and Silsbee would suffer without Ang. However, I believe Orangefield and HJ would still make the playoffs without their superstar. I do not believe Silsbee would have a chance at the playoffs without Ang Green. To me...that's why she is the MVP...with her they are in the playoffs...without her...they wouldn't be there. KK may have the best three point shot of the three and KB may be the best high school passer in girls basketball...but neither one of them can do everything. Ang does everything...and I know her defense is a little rough...but when you have to spend so much energy on offensive and do it yourself..it's hard to play defense...words from Tracy McGrady when he was on the Orlando Magic. To me the biggest problem is this...there is no exact definition on an MVP.

This may sound idiotic, but instead of having an MVP, Off. MVP and Def. MVP, just make these three ladies Co-MVPs and just not name an Off. & Def. MVP.  Then just pick a first and second team after that!!

Thoughts!!

I must be the idiot your talking about cause thats what I've been saying. ( I don't need any addditional comments about me being a idiot )  ;D ;D They are all just so important to their teams and happen to be great players.

Guest bleed orange

All the three are great players but Ang is hands down the best. She DOES do it all. KB & KK are good but in my opinion they can't compete with her individually. She should rightfully be MVP.

Wrong, Ang is not the passer KB is and she is not the defensive player KK is. You are bias I can tell. I can understand that because you are defiantly from Silsbee. I have been waiting for someone like you. Ang and Mrs. Green please don't take this the wrong way. You know I think the world of both of you. Ang is a special player but she is not hands down better than the other two. Like I said before each kid has their own special gift. Let's leave at that. Oh by the way yes they can compete and they have.

Very well said Bleed orange and if anyone should have a bias opinion it is you. You let others talk about your daughter and wait to see if she receives what she has truly earned. I respect that and I hope she gets everything she has earned. As I said before If there is only one she should be the one, but I still believe in the co-co-co

Guest bleed orange

I am not biased , I am the one not blinded. And wrong again, I'm from Kountze not Silsbee.

I am not blinded either. Do you see any post on here from me that say KK should get it. It would be fine with me if all three got it. You are the only one that has gotten on here and said someone is HANDS DOWN better than the other two and I disagree.  8)

I am not biased , I am the one not blinded. And wrong again, Im from Kountze not Silsbee.

If your from Kountze do you not watch your Kountze Lions and have you even seen the girls in question play? If you haven't then who's opionion are you voicing. Also SHSTigers its the silsbee  people who are saying she is the only player on the team. Their saying that  is the reason why they came in third.place.

Guest ST4life

I have a good idea so everyone can see who the best is lets line the three girls up KK, KB and Ang Green and let them play one on one but some of yall would probably disagree with that because it might change your mind on who to vote for ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder