* Ozen vs. Central Updates/BROADCAST HERE/OZEN WINS 74-50*

I actually had to simmer down after this lose.  The onslaught began after the thunderous Wilie Jefferson Dunk on little brother.  That brought the crowt to their feed and thwarted the momentum Ozens way, which was Central with the moment before.  Ozen's trapping defense and along with our guards poor decisions gave Ozen an aray of easy layups.  All of Ozen's bigs got a dunk, realy.I left this game with a real upset stomach after seeing this mess.  Coach was Coaching, but Boutte coached better.  We went from trying to maintain the intensity in the begining to trying to not let it be a 30 point blowout in the end.  Gulley was Gulley once again and our bigs played ok.  Guard play killed us tonight.  Ozen executed, we didn't.  Ozen made their foul shots, we didnt'.  I can go on and on.  Player of the game goes to #11 for Ozen.  As PG, he pretty much did whatever he wanted to do:  penetrated and finished at the rim, drove and dished to an Ozen big for a layup (dunk), controled the ball, broke our press, and made a nice dribble that broke one of our guards ankles.  Nice game.  One more thing.  Gulley didn't score as much as you like because he was trying to pass it to his teammates.  Big men, be ready for the quick dish in the paint!!! Geeeesh!

BTW, big 'ups' to AggiesAreWe for the broadcast and Shorttexas1.  Met these gentleman tonight.

wheres soulja i have a bone to pick with him.................maybe it was me but i didnt see the beast of gulley cum out tonite i counted only six points...........and my prediction was 30 we won by 24 close enuff.lol

Lol @ the 24 points... :D Come on man, when Gulley had the ball, I know you was holding your breath!  Thinking he was going to get an 'and-1'. 

Yeah I knew someone saw how Gulley was getting murdered... He stayed on the floor last night and deserved at least one of the and-1 opportunities but it would  not have changed the outcome of the game... He ended up with 14 pts. The only issue I had with Rice last night was the 1-3-1 defense that he use in the second half...  He went to it right before halftime and continued it in the second half...  The issue I had is that he put the 5'7" (peculiar to say the least) guard under the basket in the 1-3-1 and as soon as Boutte saw it his eyes got really BIG!!! :o  That is when the dunking onslaught that soulja was refering to began...  Great interior passing and great job noticing and exploiting the weakness Boutte!  But what beat Central even more was the guard play... Ours were  Turnover prone from the beginning of the game starting with the D. Frank steal on an arrant pass on the second posession of the game.  The 6'8" freshman (the only big on the Jag's bench) is not ready for varsity ball..  He missed two key passes and blew a lay-up when Central was only down by 8....  looked up again and they were down by 14 pts....

I actually had to simmer down after this lose.  The onslaught began after the thunderous Wilie Jefferson Dunk on little brother.  That brought the crowt to their feed and thwarted the momentum Ozens way, which was Central with the moment before.  Ozen's trapping defense and along with our guards poor decisions gave Ozen an aray of easy layups.  All of Ozen's bigs got a dunk, realy.I left this game with a real upset stomach after seeing this mess.  Coach was Coaching, but Boutte coached better.  We went from trying to maintain the intensity in the begining to trying to not let it be a 30 point blowout in the end.  Gulley was Gulley once again and our bigs played ok.  Guard play killed us tonight.  Ozen executed, we didn't.  Ozen made their foul shots, we didnt'.  I can go on and on.  Player of the game goes to #11 for Ozen.  As PG, he pretty much did whatever he wanted to do:  penetrated and finished at the rim, drove and dished to an Ozen big for a layup (dunk), controled the ball, broke our press, and made a nice dribble that broke one of our guards ankles.  Nice game.  One more thing.  Gulley didn't score as much as you like because he was trying to pass it to his teammates.  Big men, be ready for the quick dish in the paint!!! Geeeesh!

BTW, big 'ups' to AggiesAreWe for the broadcast and Shorttexas1.  Met these gentleman tonight.

First off, let me say it was a pleasure getting to meet BMTSoulja1 and Shorttexas1, always enjoy getting to put faces with the names. I just wish it could have been a better night for your Jaguars. Secondly, I appreciate your kind words and also the hospitality showed to me by the Ozen High administration, I enjoyed coming back to the ole Hebert campus, brought back memories. I hope to be back again.

As for the game, not much else for me to say, Soulja hit the nail on the head. The guard play by Ozen was the difference. After the multiple steals and turnovers the Jags committed in the 3rd and early 4th quarters, Central seemed to give up and the game got out of hand. Props to Breon Johnson of Ozen!!! Most people talk about Franks, Joseph, and Jefferson when they speak of the Panthers, but this PG runs the show, IMO. To me, he is their most valuable player. He played an excellant game last night, I was very impressed.

Congrats to the Panthers of Ozen High, district champs once again!

Heads up Jaguars, there is still plenty to play for.

Yea, big man has to be ready for those passes and put it in. Big man shows 'some' promise.  He has to hit them weights and work on that jumping ability to be on the Varsity level.

i wonder where that kristian kid is going to go after this win..........if he dont kno where to go i dnt kno what to say

wheres soulja i have a bone to pick with him.................maybe it was me but i didnt see the beast of gulley cum out tonite i counted only six points...........and my prediction was 30 we won by 24 close enuff.lol

Lol @ the 24 points... :D Come on man, when Gulley had the ball, I know you was holding your breath!  Thinking he was going to get an 'and-1'. 

on a serious note tho soulja gulley has to work on his shooting if he's goin to play at the next level

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    katty
    Newest Member
    katty