Ozen @ Nederland 02/05

:-[

I was a little embarrassed to be associated with the Nederland program tonight.  Nederland played the last 25 minutes with 9 men because a couple of young men put themselves before the team.  That kind of behavior - whether is was a retaliation or not - will never be condoned.  It really puts a damper on what should have been a good result and alos puts the team in a further bind as these two seniors will not be available against Vidor Friday night.

Nederland boys 4, Beaumont Ozen 0

NEDERLAND -- Two red cards forced Nederland to get through the last 25 minutes with only nine players but the Bulldogs received a shutout from goalkeeper Tyler Vidrine and claimed a 4-0 victory over Beaumont Ozen at Bulldog Stadium.

Nederland improved to 6-3-1 and 4-1-1 but the red cards forced coach Rob Bledsoe to prepare for a most difficult Friday trip to Vidor where NHS has failed to win a game since 2005.

Senior defender Jordan Macha scored twice in the first 15 minutes. Macha took an assist from Bey Calloway before he made the night's first goal with nine minutes gone in the game. Macha added an unassisted goal four minutes later. Logan Butler made it 3-0 on an unassisted goal with 10 minutes left in the first half. Leading 3-0 at half, Nederland scored once more with 15 minutes gone in the second half. Jordan O'Neill scored after an assist by Logan Soares.

Ozen (1-5 and 1-5) trailed in shots on goal, 34-3.

OMG i know.

i heard that one kid "waffled stomped"(whatev that means) that kid's face, and the other was bout to take on the ozen bench.

How stupid!? why would anyone want to take such a beautiful sport and turn it into another headbashing brawl. pretty rediculous.

--On the other hand i do have to say i'm glad i don't have to go up against them this game, still pretty worried about the rest of nederland though.

peace, love, and PirateSoccer

That is not at all what happened.  One player got a red for pushing back against a ozen player that pushed him...  and the other got one for a stupid play where i believe he kicked at the guy . i dont remember but nothing like what you just stated.. and  it was ridiculous what they did and now they cant play.. surely their coach has reminded them several times..  what they did wasnt smart haha

haha well FYI i was there too and i did see it right from the stands.

the first one kicked the ozen player in the face hence the statement he waffle stomped the guys face.

the second red card was from the nederland player pushing back, and after he did the ozen bench jumped up and surrounded him hence he was going to take on the ozen team.

Thats what happend, so it did go as i said. lol

Peace, love, and PirateSoccer

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    katty
    Newest Member
    katty