*EC vs. Hardin/63-56 EC Wins/Comments*

Well that is if you don't have Huntsville Chapter Officials. We have a guard who reverse pivots ALWAYS and one of our officials called travel on him 9 times in one game. When asked how that was travel his reply was "It just didn't look right". But I can remember the days when the jumpstop between two defenders was just beginning to get popular and they called that travel all the time. Congratulations to EC and good luck on the remainder of the season.

Well that is if you don't have Huntsville Chapter Officials. We have a guard who reverse pivots ALWAYS and one of our officials called travel on him 9 times in one game. When asked how that was travel his reply was "It just didn't look right". But I can remember the days when the jumpstop between two defenders was just beginning to get popular and they called that travel all the time. Congratulations to EC and good luck on the remainder of the season.

The jumpstop is just another example of inexperienced or untrained refs effect on the game.  They have pretty much killed this shot.  Back court defense has been ruined, for sure. Breaking the current press is like running through the Giants defensive line.

The jumpstop is just another example of inexperienced or untrained refs effect on the game.  They have pretty much killed this shot.  Back court defense has been ruined, for sure. Breaking the current press is like running through the Giants defensive line.

Don't you mean "trying to run through the Giants defensive line"? ;D  Seriously, I know what you mean...there are a lot of hand contact these days.  Matter of fact, I saw a game where a defender was one-on-one with a PG and the PG put a quick move on him to get around him, but the defender "hooked" him to pull himself even with the PG and the PG quickly lost his advantage that should have been his in the first place.  This happened several times during the game and no foul was ever called.  Ugh...  15-20 years ago, that would have been an automatic foul.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder