Jasper moving north

Guest Orangeboy

If your going to be the best... you have to beat the best at some point and time. What I have seen over the years is that teams that come from very strong districts have a much better playoff run. They are used to playing good teams, focusing on what they do, and know how to come through in the clutch. If you are on autopilot through your district, it may be tougher to flip that switch when you have to kick it up a knotch. I have no doubt that Jasper will do just fine in their new district next year.

If your going to be the best... you have to beat the best at some point and time. What I have seen over the years is that teams that come from very strong districts have a much better playoff run. They are used to playing good teams, focusing on what they do, and know how to come through in the clutch. If you are on autopilot through your district, it may be tougher to flip that switch when you have to kick it up a knotch. .....

Very true.  I met one of the Liberty-Eylau parents before the state game and she said that LE had not been challenged all year except for maybe one playoff game.  We all saw what happened when Jasper applied the good ole SE Texas pressure.  I think a big part of the credit should go to the district teams that applied plenty of pressure to Jasper.

If your going to be the best... you have to beat the best at some point and time. What I have seen over the years is that teams that come from very strong districts have a much better playoff run. They are used to playing good teams, focusing on what they do, and know how to come through in the clutch. If you are on autopilot through your district, it may be tougher to flip that switch when you have to kick it up a knotch. I have no doubt that Jasper will do just fine in their new district next year.

well i tell you what, jasper played one of the toughest districts in the state last year and cruised through playoffs and dominated the state game, im not real sure how you can get much tougher than 21-3a

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin