Who is college basketball's BEST player this year?

Guest DickVitale

Guest DickVitale

There really is not a guy in the college ranks that is the next sure thing..Last year, everyone knew that Kevin Durant was going to be the next big thing in the NBA..Who is that guy this year?  ???

is there anyone else on here, besides me that thinks OJ Mayo (USC) is wayyyyy overrated?

i haven't been over-impressed this year, but who knows.  he might figure it out later on down the road.  i've been impressed with love from UCLA.  he's a beast down low, and a hell of a passer as well.

Michael Beasley is hands down the best player in college basketball this year....his numbers are right with Durants from a year ago and some are actually better.

Besides the terrible game against Texas A&M, DJ Augustin could be mentioned in this discussion as well, he is easily on a different level when it comes to point guards in the NCAA and it starts with his quickness and ability to get to the paint.

Another guy who you would like to give some thought to is Indiana center, D.J. White...this guy is putting up big time numbers and the fact that Eric Gordon is on the same court as him really gives him more opportunities to hurt other ball clubs with his ability to rebound and score.

On the OJ Mayo subject, yes I do believe he is a bit overrated but he is still a very talented guard.  What I really want to talk about is underrated players, and it starts with Kansas guard Mario Chalmers.  Brandon Rush takes the spot light in Bill Self's offense while Chalmers continues to fly under the radar.  This kid is a stone cold beast....he can shoot it, he plays excellent defense and if your caught sleepin', he will not hesitate to dunk on you.  I believe Chalmers is one of the best players in the nation, but just doesn't get the credit because when most people think Kansas...they thin Rush.

Just some thoughts.............. ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fasedo9317
    Newest Member
    fasedo9317