Nederland RB to move to Memorial

Guest 87CRU79

Guest 87CRU79

I have been told by a source at Nederland, that Sophomore Running Back, Paul Roy, who showed a lot of promise this year with limited time in the backfield, has chosen to transfer to Memorial. The reason being that Neumann wants to use him as a linebacker and not a running back. If this is the case, who is now the potential RB for the Nederland Bulldogs? Freshman standout Salenga, this year's eighth grade wonder Johnathon Miller, or some no namer?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is the trend at Nederland and im sure at other schools as well when players that played freshman or jv at a certain position when they move to varsity they end up playing at a different position when needed it so its not unusual just a shame if its true to lose a play of his caliber just cause he didnt want to play LB

Can someone explane to me why a player goes running to another team just because that player is starting in another position. So he will be a LB and not a RB. Both are limelight position. This player has spent 10 years at this school and just because something has changed he runs. Where is that Bulldog spirit. Is this the norm these days.

Ok, lets put it this way. If Jamall Charles played at Nederland, and was never given the opportunity to be a running back, do you think he would have gone to Texas and then to the NFL? Moving schools could mean millions....literaly!

watch out or someone is gonna start a Roy vs. Charles thread! :o

Ok, lets put it this way. If Jamall Charles played at Nederland, and was never given the opportunity to be a running back, do you think he would have gone to Texas and then to the NFL? Moving schools could mean millions....literaly!

Yes he would be one he(( of a corner back. Don't you think. Still go to UT and the NFL.

Still hope that he stays at Nederland, but he is not a proven commodity yet. I felt like he should have been the starter for the Dogs this season, but I did not see him run between the tackles much and am not sure of his blocking abilities and pass catching skills. He was definitely not the best fit for the spread offense and that may impact his decision since it appears we will run it again next year. He was great as a freshman(on frosh team) and I expected big things from him, but the coaches must have known something that we don't because he did not get many carries. I think he'll have to become more of a between the tackles runner to have success for Memorial in 5A. He is quick, but not blazingly fast and to run wide in 5A you gotta have some jets. Hope he stays at Nederland and becomes a team player. But, if he does go to Memorial I wish him the best. He's not a Jamaal Charles caliber player though. He has the potential to be a good back, but not much Friday Night experience yet. I wish him the best either way.

Guest 87CRU79

If I remember correctly, you cannot transfer for athletic purposes.  I also believe that is that is found to be true, then that player has to sit out a year.  Someone help me out on this.  Doesn't the AD have to sign-off on it?

Only if they transfer to another school in the same district. The waiting period is three school weeks, but only if the transfer occurs during the football season.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476