*HJ vs. Silsbee Updates/Game Broadcasted Here/77-59 HJ WINS*

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tigersvoice

oh my hj won  ::) never called that so sorry better luck next time silsbee

I'm 70 years old this month.  I state that because if I ever find out who MWhizzie is I'm going to slap at least two "Z's" and maybe a couple of "I's" out of him. That leaves him as "MWHE".  I like it better already.  ;D

What a incredible atmosphere tonight!!!!!!!!  Gym was full by the 2nd quarter of the JV game (Oh by the way Silsbee led 20-5 and HJ came back to win).  Burrell had two huge dunks and missed what would have been the best dunk I have ever seen in high school.

I have said this for quite some time now and tonight completely backs my theory!!!

1......HJ has a huge coaching edge.

2......HJ has better "basketball players".

3......Silsbee has better athletes as a whole.

Coaching and "basketball players" win games not athletes!!!

Can't wait to go to Silsbee in a few weeks!!!

Silsbee has two really skilled guards.  They're excellent shooters.

HJ has its skills; but, more importantly, HJ has a bunch of kids who will dive on the floor.  Jarvis is incredible.  And Trey...  Trey looks like he could dunk a ref.  J-Mike has been looking to score more and more aggressively, and that's a very good thing, because he's darn near unstoppable when he's taking it to the basket.  I'm very proud of the hustle Jarvis, Trey, Sundgren, Payne, Fontenot, Ricossa, Turner, and Weldon showed, as always.

Nice fourth quarter, Hawks.  I will never forget seeing one of Coach Sutherland's state championship rings sailing and sparkling across the court while the Hecklers were singing that stupid (but exquisitely obnoxious) "We Are The Champions" song to the early-departing Silsbee fans.  Now that's entertainment!

Nice night for HJ basketball: a 9th grade, JV, and Varsity sweep.

Guest nostradamus

What a incredible atmosphere tonight!!!!!!!!  Gym was full by the 2nd quarter of the JV game (Oh by the way Silsbee led 20-5 and HJ came back to win).  Burrell had two huge dunks and missed what would have been the best dunk I have ever seen in high school.

I have said this for quite some time now and tonight completely backs my theory!!!

Sheesh!  It never ceases to amaze me the amount of "know it alls" out there.  First, this was a great high school basketball game.  Second, the Silsbee basketball team is very skilled and sound.  In a game of this magnitude with this atmosphere all players get a little "hulley gulley" every now and again, it comes with the territory.  Next, Silsbee had an excellent game plan and executed it very well.  They did a great job of utilizing their depth.  Bottom line is, this was a game of huge momentum swings.  HJ jumped out early, Silsbee rallied back, then HJ, then Silsbee.  HJ just had the last run at the right time.  Why can't we just be positive about both teams in what was a great atmosphere tonight.  Both teams deserve kudos for their performances.

Guest abovetherim

I bet the game at Silsbee will be a awesome high school basketball atmosphere.

Guest A-TOWN

I cant wait until January 29th, Silsbee has homecourt now, Its tough to win at H-J, its going to be tough now winning at Silsbee

I cant wait until game 2

Congrats Hardin Jefferson

Most Great "basketball players" spend most of their time on the court on their feet, but maybe I'm not watching close enough.  That comment is out of line.

Wrong most great basketball players win like hj did tonight sorry silsbee you just dont have it face it

Looks like you hit a dead end there, seeing as you could not possibly manuever your head any further up your rectum.  Congrats to HJ though, your stamina seemed to give you the advantage this time along with some generosity depending upon your perspective.

8) 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder