Possible Bi-District Matchups (According to DCTF)

We get Liberty???? hahahahahahaha :lol: Im sorry, but Liberty?

Atleast we have some good teams in our district. It will actually be fun going to district games now.

Just remember you were probaly giggling two years ago when you found out you were going to play against Huffman :lol:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just remember you were probaly giggling two years ago when you found out you were going to play against Huffman :lol:

Actually I knew Huffman had a good team.

I just never thougt WOS and Liberty would be in the same sentence together.

Guest GoStangs

I doubt he was giggling nearly as much as last year when everyone found out you guys were going to have to play Kirbyville in the playoffs again... :lol:

Guest Jody

Yea but "THE MAN" the DC had just arrived. Look what WOS did to Huffman last year.

Huffman was a much weaker team last year and they still had a chance at WOS. Liberty and Cleveland will have good ball clubs this year. Neither may come out on top, but at least with Liberty you will always get 100% from them. I would not take either team lightly.

WOS needs to worry about BC before they start looking past Liberty.

As for the Kirbyville comments, being from BH I am darn sure glad we don't play them again. BH was much better last year than Kirbyville and we just seem to lay down form them when it counts. New page now in 4-A, so look out. Neederland is no match!

Huffman was a much weaker team last year and they still had a chance at WOS. Liberty and Cleveland will have good ball clubs this year. Neither may come out on top' date=' but at least with Liberty you will always get 100% from them. I would not take either team lightly.

WOS needs to worry about BC before they start looking past Liberty.

As for the Kirbyville comments, being from BH I am darn sure glad we don't play them again. BH was much better last year than Kirbyville and we just seem to lay down form them when it counts. New page now in 4-A, so look out. Neederland is no match![/quote']

Please explain where you saw Huffman "still had a chance" in that football game. TOTAL domination!!! Getting past BC???? Please....give me a break!

PS have fun getting your jocks ripped off in 4A...... :lol: Yall will go 3-7 this year :wink:

I promise you that if WOS and Liberty play this year you'll change your thinking. Liberty will be much improved. I see Liberty having very good ball teams at least the next couple of years. Wouldn't suprise me at all to see us beat WOS.

Guest GoStangs

Kicker, I think he's talking about early in the game when it was 0-0... He's certainly not talking about the 41-21 outcome. That was one of those games where pretty much everything had to go right for Huffman to pull off the upset, but it didn't work out for them.

As for Liberty, I'm sure they'll be a good playoff opponent. It's a way off before that matchup happens (if it even does happen this year), but I'd enjoy seeing the Panthers and Stangs square off.

Guest Jody

I promise you that if WOS and Liberty play this year you'll change your thinking. Liberty will be much improved. I see Liberty having very good ball teams at least the next couple of years. Wouldn't suprise me at all to see us beat WOS.

I agree with your post! Liberty should have a fair team this year. Don't be shocked if Cleveland is not right there when the district title is at hand. Cleveland has a very good RB and QB, not to mention new coaching blood.

Liberty? hahahahaha

Where do these people come from? What history does your team have? How far in the playoffs did you go last year? Or ever for that matter?

Much Improved compared to what? I am not trying to disrespect your school Wes, but before you open your mouth remember who you are talking to. :lol:

Kicker' date=' I think he's talking about early in the game when it was 0-0... He's certainly not talking about the 41-21 outcome. That was one of those games where pretty much everything had to go right for Huffman to pull off the upset, but it didn't work out for them.

As for Liberty, I'm sure they'll be a good playoff opponent. It's a way off before that matchup happens (if it even does happen this year), but I'd enjoy seeing the Panthers and Stangs square off.[/quote'] You seem to never know what to expcet from Liberty.

Playoff records and results since 2000:

WO-S (8-3)

2000-beat Jasper 23-0, beat Magnolia 36-0, beat Friendswood 27-10, beat La Marque 10-6, beat Corpus Christi Calallen 27-21, lost Ennis 38-24

2004-lost to Huffman 30-28

2005-beat Huffman 41-21, beat Palestine 42-13, beat Giddings 42-21, lost to Wimberley 52-29

Liberty (2-5)

2000-lost to Newton 42-0

2001-lost to Bridge City 34-14

2002-beat Orangefield 14-10, lost to Bellville 23-14

2003-lost to Orangefield 21-14

2004-beat Hardin-Jefferson 32-20, lost to Jasper 44-13

State Semi's. Not bad. :wink:

Better than what we did for sure 8)

but still no reason to slam or be little Liberty. The Panthers have had a good program over the years and could be a worthy opponent this year.

Hey Kicker, correct me if im wrong but wasn't last season the first WOS playoff victories they've had in the past FIVE YEARS.

I'm not belittling any team, but I will answer this question. WO-S has won eight playoff games in the last five years. Liberty has won two. WO-S won five of those in 4A (including Lamarque and Calallen) on their way to the state game and three in 3A on their way to the semifinals. Liberty beat Orangefield and Hardin-Jefferson.

Guest etbu

I am really lookin forward to checking them out along with the other teams in their district. Sounds like they have a great following and will be fun to attend some games.

• 1 month later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin