**DAYTON vs. LAKE TRAVIS SEMI FINAL PREDICTIONS?/KYLE FIELD/TONIGHT!!

Waller was moving the ball when our quarterback threw the interception that was returned to the seven and set Dayton up to score and that gave them that much more momentum. It could have been 7-6 and a new game if  we didn't turn the ball over.Turnovers went both ways and gave each team some breaks.If Dayton turns the ball over like they did Friday to any of the teams that are left their season is done.So don't sit there and say that Dayton's fumbles were the only one's that were a factor in the outcome because that is just crazy!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waller was moving the ball when our quarterback threw the interception that was returned to the seven and set Dayton up to score and that gave them that much more momentum. It could have been 7-6 and a new game if  we didn't turn the ball over.Turnovers went both ways and gave each team some breaks.If Dayton turns the ball over like they did Friday to any of the teams that are left their season is done.So don't sit there and say that Dayton's fumbles were the only one's that were a factor in the outcome because that is just crazy!

I did not say that at all--go back and re-read my post--it is pretty clear

Lake Travis has depth, none of their players play both ways and they have very good size, but not speed.  They pass 80% of the time and only run when you give it foolishly or to keep your rush honest.  The love running screens and they will roll Gilbert left alot to hit the WRs on comeback outs.  Their defense is average and benefit from team being in the lead alot.  They are not world beaters, Region 4 is just it's normal weak self this year.  The Cavs did not face a single team with great speed and Beeville put up 43, and have only 33 players!  Their coach loves to do onsides kicks and fakes vs poorly coached teams.  They have good return teams, that set their offense up in good field position, so you gotta hustle, cover and tackle.

Lake Travis has depth, none of their players play both ways and they have very good size, but not speed.  They pass 80% of the time and only run when you give it foolishly or to keep your rush honest.  The love running screens and they will roll Gilbert left alot to hit the WRs on comeback outs.  Their defense is average and benefit from team being in the lead alot.  They are not world beaters, Region 4 is just it's normal weak self this year.  The Cavs did not face a single team with great speed and Beeville put up 43, and have only 33 players!  Their coach loves to do onsides kicks and fakes vs poorly coached teams.  They have good return teams, that set their offense up in good field position, so you gotta hustle, cover and tackle.

Informative post....I think the Dayton coaches, players, and schemes definitely meet a lot of those needs in order to overcome what they'll throw at us. I've heard a lot about their QB, he'll be fun to watch. Hopefully our defense can disrupt the routes and the QB's rhythm and slow them down.

Rumor has it lake travis is not well liked in their district and region.  I believe it has something to do with their coaching staff etc.  If this is true im gonna'put my money on the Big D because i'm sure that every team lake travis has played this year has already made sure that dayton has every weakness on tape in a xmas present with a big purple ribbon on top.  Lol, can't wait til'friday.  If you don't have a purple shirt then wear a longhorn shirt, i am hee hee hee.

Check out their website, they have an indoor practice field, a college weight room...  They get all kind of media attention, win or lose, while better programs get no hype.

This could be the quickest overall team Lake Travis has faced all year.

Will be nice knowing that when Dayton is on the field they will have the quickest two or three athletes.

I still have a feeling this game comes down to scoring in the red zone.

Look for both offenses to move the ball, but can they punch it in.

A big advantage to Lake Travis might be a really good field goal kicker.

I still have a positive outlook on this game.

22-4A was very strong this year and provided good competition for the Broncos.

I also think the Region III playoff teams would beat most Region IV teams.

Check out their website, they have an indoor practice field, a college weight room...  They get all kind of media attention, win or lose, while better programs get no hype.

During the hurricane, we ended up in Austin for about a week and a half.  My middle son wanted to enroll in school and Lake Travis was the school district.  The school is pretty awesome with room to grow.  I want to say they had a Chick-Fil-A, Pizza Hut, and Burger King in the cafeteria.  At the time, they had a practice field and playing field (no bubble).  They had a team doctor on staff who came to the school to complete physicals...enrolled on a Tuesday, physical done on Wednesday, played on Thursday.  They seem to be up and coming then and they had an awesome New Orleans evacuee that year that led them to the playoffs.  Wealthy little school..., but I can see where other schools might have some issues with the lack of coverage...

go dayton broncos,i think u guys deserve everything u have done. you have taken victorys from many teams ,no gimmies here. u have classy coaches,

& players.i talked to a few of them at the png-lamar game, fine young men &

coaches. if u win a game on any given night u deserve to win, period. the

best team won against waller so congrats. u guys have represented this

district as the top team & have proven it. i hope u guys go all the way,

the raiders r really pulling for the broncos.  we had a big tailgate at school field tonight to honor our team,but many discussions turned to u guys

in dayton,all that i talked to thinks u will win out, as i also do so good luck

from l-town them broncos are the class act of 22 ,-4a .see ya at the game. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Get a load of this..  Here are a few links from the Lake Travis Football website.  Looks like there is quite a bit of money there

Indoor Practice Field

http://www.ltcavalierfootball.com/id59.html

Weight Room

http://www.ltcavalierfootball.com/id6.html

Kinda reminds me of Rocky IV (which I just watched).  The bad guys had all this high tech training stuff and Rocky lived out in the sticks and used what he had to train.  And we all know who won that boxing match

Get a load of this..  Here are a few links from the Lake Travis Football website.   Looks like there is quite a bit of money there

Indoor Practice Field

http://www.ltcavalierfootball.com/id59.html

Weight Room

http://www.ltcavalierfootball.com/id6.html

Kinda reminds me of Rocky IV (which I just watched).  The bad guys had all this high tech training stuff and Rocky lived out in the sticks and used what he had to train.  And we all know who won that boxing match

Might be fitting to show the Broncos Rocky IV on the bus trip to College Station....

I think the richy rich boys are in a rude awakening from the Dayton Broncos.

I agree 100% #7 Gilbert has posted unreal passing stats as a jr.we will see how he performs under real pressure,from a fast/hard hitting Bronco team.I will state G.Charles of Dayton will have a better night.He has been nothing short of amazing Against better teams.Good defensive teams have not gotten to #1 Charles & he will tuck it & run.Remember this ***THE AUSTIN CAVALIERS DEFENSE ALLOWED 27.6 PTS>PER GAME/Dayton "D" 8.1  TOO MUCH SPEED & "D" 50-19 MY PICK

I agree 100% #7 Gilbert has posted unreal passing stats as a jr.we will see how he performs under real pressure,from a fast/hard hitting Bronco team.I will state G.Charles of Dayton will have a better night.He has been nothing short of amazing Against better teams.Good defensive teams have not gotten to #1 Charles & he will tuck it & run.Remember this ***THE AUSTIN CAVALIERS DEFENSE ALLOWED 27.6 PTS>PER GAME/Dayton "D" 8.1  TOO MUCH SPEED & "D" 50-19 MY PICK

I hope you are correct--- I see a closer game but with a Dayton win---DBs are ready and I believe we matchup pretty well.

I hope you are correct--- I see a closer game but with a Dayton win---DBs are ready and I believe we matchup pretty well.

My magical mojo is telling me good things...

I just don't think they have seen a team with as much overall speed as what they will be facing.

You can't coach speed and you can't stimulate a quicker person in practice.

Coach Nations is just calling the right play almost every time when the defense lines up against us,and Coach Hancock is a defense wizard.

The boys seem to be really focused.

Can't wait till Friday!

Any win will be nice for the broncos.Ok,let's look at it like this-If it was Tx.City vs.Austin who would be heavily favored??????????Austin Lake Travis beat them in game #1 this year 32-31 & Tx.City had not lost another game until they took it on the chin by the Broncos 42-10.Tx City told the chronicle Dayton too quick & new every play they had & how to defend against it.Tx.City got their 1st.down w/2 min.left till half.A key Dayton's defense has done all year to keep opponents in poor field position & force pressure to make mistakes.Look @ Waller game/same thing.Waller was stunned-had no answer-but could not keep punting so they gambled on 4th @ 3 several times & converted to keep the ball out of Dayton's hands.If Dayton doesn't fumble[no contact]it's a blowout.I sat next to Tx.City/La Marque/PNG fans,who said the same.Stewart has been here before/they will be ready.50-19 BRONCOS.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder