Arizona governor vetoes 'Alien Invasion Act' allowing police to arrest illegal border crossers

This is the hidden content, please

Kari Lake is saying "Miss me yet?".

From the article:

Democratic Arizona Gov. Katie Hobbs has vetoed a Republican-sponsored bill that would have authorized police to arrest illegal immigrants, saying the legislation was anti-immigrant and likely unconstitutional. 

The veto was criticized by Republicans who say the bill would have helped curb a plethora of crimes linked to illegal immigration in the Grand Canyon State.

The bill, called the Arizona Border Invasion Act, would have made it a misdemeanor state crime for anyone to illegally cross the border at any location other than a lawful port of entry.

It would also have made it a felony for illegal migrants who cross the border after being deported, as well as those who have been ordered to leave the state but refused to comply. Local, county and state law enforcement officers would have been granted authority to arrest such individuals.

It's no surprise.  I'm assuming it'll also be the end to her reelection chances.  Then again if Trump had endorsed a decent candidate in the last election there'd be a republican in office and this wouldn't have happened.

13 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

It's no surprise.  I'm assuming it'll also be the end to her reelection chances.  Then again if Trump had endorsed a decent candidate in the last election there'd be a republican in office and this wouldn't have happened.

He did endorse a decent candidate that would have been a much better choice than this clown, you're still blaming the candidate and not the real problem, voters.  Anyone with any sense could see problems coming.

The cake walk theory is a fallacy.

17 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

So no responsibility goes to the voters.

so it takes something like this to get people to change their vote……knowing that they are electing a liberal and knowing her stance on issues.  It s not a surprise.

if citizens had voted for the other person they wouldn’t be dealing with this.  Had they used some common sense instead of TDS to dictate their vote they wouldn’t be dealing with this.

7 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

so it takes something like this to get people to change their vote……knowing that they are electing a liberal and knowing her stance on issues.  It s not a surprise.

if citizens had voted for the other person they wouldn’t be dealing with this.  Had they used some common sense instead of TDS to dictate their vote they wouldn’t be dealing with this.

But somehow it's always the Republicans fault because they didn't put the "right" candidate up so we (clueless snowflakes that had no idea our poor choice has consequences) had no option but to vote for the other guy.

This is the real problem we face, why would I want to choose a candidate that will make these loons happy.

4 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

He did endorse a decent candidate that would have been a much better choice than this clown, you're still blaming the candidate and not the real problem, voters.  Anyone with any sense could see problems coming.

Don’t forget we’re dealing with Democrat voters.  Not a lot of sense with that group.

17 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

He endorsed a TV reporter who parroted everything he said.  Can't imagine why she didn't get elected.

16 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

But somehow it's always the Republicans fault because they didn't put the "right" candidate up so we (clueless snowflakes that had no idea our poor choice has consequences) had no option but to vote for the other guy.

This is the real problem we face, why would I want to choose a candidate that will make these loons happy.

No, it's always the people who don't vote for bad candidates' faults.  It's amazing how the right blames the left for voting for anyone who runs as a democrat, no matter how terrible they are, but then can't stand it when people won't do the same and elect their bad candidates on the right.

17 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Same story, different day.  The right blaming those "stupid voters" for not voting for the far-right conspiracy theorist TV reporter.  I mean, hell, she sounds great on paper.  The responsibility is on the party to put out decent candidates.  Just like when mush mouth won in Pennsylvania because he was running against Dr. Oz, of all people.  Trump endorses people who will parrot everything he says, and there are enough worshippers of him to get them the nom, but not enough people to go along with it during the general election.  I swear at this point if Trump endorsed a dog turd the right would give it the nomination and then blame moderate and lefty voters for not electing it.  Trump wasn't a bad president, but he's a terrible candidate.  Consequently, the candidates he endorses who act just like him are also terrible candidates.  You can say the politics game is stupid, and it should only be about results.  I don't disagree, but it's now how it works.  Republicans can't refuse to play the game correctly and then blame the other side for when they lose.  It's asinine, and it's also costing us a lot of elections.

24 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

No, it's always the people who don't vote for bad candidates' faults.  It's amazing how the right blames the left for voting for anyone who runs as a democrat, no matter how terrible they are, but then can't stand it when people won't do the same and elect their bad candidates on the right.

I'm comparing Trump to Biden, no brainer, you've said so yourself.

Don't try to make it any more complicated than it is.

27 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

He endorsed a TV reporter who parroted everything he said.  Can't imagine why she didn't get elected.

I guess because folks voted for a social worker turned career politician, how's that working out for the good folks of Arizona?

I would say much worse that if they elected the TV reporter, unless, of course, you're an illegal.

16 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Same story, different day.  The right blaming those "stupid voters" for not voting for the far-right conspiracy theorist TV reporter.  The responsibility is on the party to put out decent candidates.  Just like mush mouth won in Pennsylvania because he was running against Dr. Oz, of all people.  Trump endorses people who will parrot everything he says, and there are enough worshippers of him to get them the nom, but not enough people willing to push just anyone through and get them elected.  The right would put out a dog turd as a candidate in an election and then blame the voters for not electing them.

But somehow you find no fault in the left putting up an ever worse turd, and then electing them.

26 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Same story, different day.  The right blaming those "stupid voters" for not voting for the far-right conspiracy theorist TV reporter.  The responsibility is on the party to put out decent candidates.  Just like mush mouth won in Pennsylvania because he was running against Dr. Oz, of all people.  Trump endorses people who will parrot everything he says, and there are enough worshippers of him to get them the nom, but not enough people willing to push just anyone through and get them elected.  The right would put out a dog turd as a candidate in an election and then blame the voters for not electing them.

I’m talking all voters.

because I’m around more liberal voters thru out my day I hear their complaints constantly on the state of the country.  But because they have too much pride they will still vote for biden.  Don’t complain about the problems when your still voting the same way.

I don’t care for Trumps rhetoric or his childlike tantrums and constantly degrading others.  But I have to put those aside cause I know policies matter.  FACT: not voting for Trump in Nov equals more of what we have right now and it ll be worse.

given the votes biden got in 2020 do you actually think any other candidate on the conservative side pulls that many this go around…..I highly doubt it.  Spare me ….the liberals will do what ever is necessary to win givin their moral compass and the horrendous policies they ve passed and push.  They crave power like a druggie…..they’ve proven it with BIG GOVT

In my actual opinion I don’t think it would matter who the candidate is. We have a liberal mindset issue.  I believe whoever the D candidate is will win and this country will suffer even more and it is needed for those fringe dems and moderates to wake up.

hopefully the country can withstand it……..but then again I think of the history of past powers.

And yes a dog turd is better than any liberal…🤷‍♂️

The media is 99% supportive of Lib democrats. The media is 99% anti Republicans. If a Conservative walked on water the media would tell the low information gullible public the Republican "failed at swimming" and it would work. 

People are SO stupid today. A significant number actually believe Isreal attacked and slaughtered the peace loving Hamas terrorists. Every last one of them will vote for Biden in November.

28 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

because I’m around more liberal voters thru out my day I hear their complaints constantly on the state of the country.  But because they have too much pride they will still vote for biden.  Don’t complain about the problems when your still voting the same way.

The stupid Dems I work with want to vote for green new deal Democrats. but they work with me in the Energy industry. Go figure. And they blame Abbott, of all people for the flood of illeagles in to Houston. This is beyond stupid to the point of full on brainwashing. 

10 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

The stupid Dems I work with want to vote for green new deal Democrats. but they work with me in the Energy industry. Go figure. And they blame Abbott, of all people for the flood of illeagles in to Houston. This is beyond stupid to the point of full on brainwashing. 

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

21 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

These are the folks that we're told will vote for the "cake-walk" candidate, if presented.

It's a voter problem, not a candidate problem.

2 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

I'm comparing Trump to Biden, no brainer, you've said so yourself.

Don't try to make it any more complicated than it is.

It's a no brainer for conservative people.  For people who have beliefs leaning both ways, they're choosing between two terrible options.

2 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

But somehow you find no fault in the left putting up an ever worse turd, and then electing them.

of course I do.  The whole point is to put an electable candidate in place so that their turd doesn't get elected, instead of having a turd-off where anything can happen.

2 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

I’m talking all voters.

I don’t care for Trumps rhetoric or his childlike tantrums and constantly degrading others.  But I have to put those aside cause I know policies matter.  FACT: not voting for Trump in Nov equals more of what we have right now and it ll be worse.

given the votes biden got in 2020 do you actually think any other candidate on the conservative side pulls that many this go around…..I highly doubt it.  Spare me ….the liberals will do what ever is necessary to win givin their moral compass and the horrendous policies they ve passed and push.  They crave power like a druggie…..they’ve proven it with BIG GOVT

In my actual opinion I don’t think it would matter who the candidate is. We have a liberal mindset issue.  I believe whoever the D candidate is will win and this country will suffer even more and it is needed for those fringe dems and moderates to wake up.

hopefully the country can withstand it……..but then again I think of the history of past powers.

And yes a dog turd is better than any liberal…🤷‍♂️

I agree with this entire paragraph.  It still doesn't change the fact that there are people who would rather more of the same than more of trump.  It's fine to blame them, but if you know they're going to vote against him and put him there anyway don't whine if he loses the election.  

This is the literal definition of Donald Trump, and there's a fairly reasonable fear from some about what he'll try to do if he gets his power back.  I think that's something that a lot of righties like to brush over or ignore, whereas the moderates will settle for Biden over risking what they perceive (based on the things coming directly from his own mouth) Trump will do if elected. 

This last one i disagree with wholly.  Any republican that isn't one of the main Trump disciples would win easily against Biden, Harris, or Newsome this election.

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

These are the folks that we're told will vote for the "cake-walk" candidate, if presented.

It's a voter problem, not a candidate problem.

every person who's firmly on either side is going to vote for a cake-walk candidate.  If you thought trump wasn't going to do a very good job you'd still vote for him because he's a republican.  Almost all Rs would.  I can't stand Trump, but I'M DOING IT.   It's a funny double standard that the right really gets hung up on.  

27 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

For people who have beliefs leaning both ways, they're choosing between two terrible options.

For them, under which President have they done better? Four years where the border was secure, inflation was under 2%, law and order kept most streets  safe and smuggled in Fentanol was not murdering 10,000's of young people, 

OR 

these years where inflation soared to almost 10%, gas hit $5, woke mobs destroyed buildings and killed cops, Soros DA's refuse to prosecute murderers, women are men and men are women, and more illegles broke and entered than is in the population of most states?

For any moderate / undecided, or anyone, America was much better place to live in 3.5 years ago. Its in severe decline now. 

Put the politics and personalities aside, and just open your eyes!