Vidor 63 Jasper 50/FINAL

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Vidor 63 Jasper 50/FINAL
4 minutes ago, Sportsfan479 said:

#5 guard is the real deal, 4 out of 5 starters come back next year as well

For sure. However, he was already in the program when Hoyt took over. I’m not knocking the players, I’m just saying they were already established. He walked into a winning team and gets to claim all the benefits. 

2 minutes ago, tea_time said:

For sure. However, he was already in the program when Hoyt took over. I’m not knocking the players, I’m just saying they were already established. He walked into a winning team and gets to claim all the benefits. 

and the point is?

That situation has happened many times. Doesn't mean Coach Hoyt isn't a quality coach.

2 hours ago, UncleDrew said:

2022- 8-22 

2023- 16-20 (Hoyt's first year at Vidor) doubled the win total from the pervious year  

2024- 18-15 and made playoffs for just the third time in school history. The other 2 times being when Coach English was the head coach

wait, when dude started complaining I thought this was Hoyt's first year.  It's his second, and he took over an 8-22 team?  There wasn't a dang thing handed to him if that's the case, not that it would me relevant if there was.

On 2/13/2024 at 9:23 PM, tea_time said:

Which is really frustrating. He didn’t make that team, it was handed to him on a silver platter. 

how does one have an 8-22 team handed to him on a silver platter?  Great job by Coach Hoyt to turn this team around in 2 years, whether the players were there or not.  Those players won 8 and 5 games the two years before he took over.