5A D1 District 11 Discussion Thread

14 hours ago, OlDawg said:

Y’all had a good draw.

Factually LaPorte had the #1 seed and drew a 4th seed. Remember how ecstatic you were last year after beating half of the BH team as y'all elatedly cruised to the number one seed? Yes BH did implode in the 2nd half of the 2nd round game, but perhaps you noticed BH was alone IN the 2nd round. No spin there, just a fact.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2024 at 3:01 PM, Cougtalk said:

This district makes absolutely no sense Crosby and Angleton should have been switched but the UIL is dumb. 

Crosby

Fort Bend Kempner

Friendswood

Houston Spring Woods

Humble Kingwood Park

La Porte

New Caney Porter

Pasadena

Springwoods replaced by Angleton 

new district 

Crosby

Kempner

Friendswood

Kpark

La Porte

Porter

Pasadena

Angleton

I like the district a lot better with Angleton in it, they bring some physicality and plus level athletes I think the district is missing overall. I think they're pretty comparable physically to the College Station schools Crosby could see in bi-district if we can make the playoffs. I also now have an excuse to go fight the mosquitoes in Lake Jackson to see if I can break 80 at The Wilderness, so thank you UIL.   

• 2 weeks later...

Angleton, La Porte and Friendswood likely be the DCTHSF pick for top three in district. It's a put up or shut up year for my cougars no way around it. You got your excuse year as a coach, didn't get to hire your people, didn't have an off season, didn't have a spring. Now you've had it all, we either execute and play well or we don't and ultimately that's the challenge for everyone at Crosby.