5A D1 District 11 Discussion Thread

4 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

Only thing I'll say is it gives Crosby a couple years to get our feet back under us as this is not the top end quality of district 9. 

Actually think La Porte, Friendswood & KP would all make PO’s in District 9 as well. PAM would probably be the other. BH and KP might duke it out for 4th.

Laporte is the only team in this district that has a shot in the top 4 of district 9. Friendswood was embarrassed by Angleton last year. Angleton barely beat Galveston Ball. KWP wouldn’t challenge

11 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Cough BH.  Cough

Y’all said BH had one of your best teams last year. You lost some good talent. Y’all are still 0fer against La Porte, and the Dawgs will be in the 3rd year of the staff with—depending on how they count the starters since LP rotates so much—8 returning on O & 7 on D.

Every matchup is different of course. But, BH would stand less of a chance this year than last, and Eagle Stadium isn’t an edge against LP. 😂 

11 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

LP will run thru Png, literally. 

If Liberty Hill couldn’t run through PNG La Porte won’t either. They’re not better than PNG on either line of scrimmage and PNG can actually play defense. It’s an indictment on the district for a team of that caliber to be able to win it which is ultimately why the district was 1-4 in the playoffs. 

5 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

If Liberty Hill couldn’t run through PNG La Porte won’t either. They’re not better than PNG on either line of scrimmage and PNG can actually play defense. It’s an indictment on the district for a team of that caliber to be able to win it which is ultimately why the district was 1-4 in the playoffs. 

We'll see. 

16 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

Only thing I'll say is it gives Crosby a couple years to get our feet back under us as this is not the top end quality of district 9. 

I think we’ll be more than alright with a full offseason and if Willis can get the kids to buy in. We got a transfer QB from FB Crawford that would’ve been a FB Ridge Point kid before he got re-zoned and looks a lot more like what Willis needs to run his system. He’s only going to be a sophomore next year but he’s already camped at UTSA and UH. Only concern I have is that he’s being recruited as a pro-style QB and built like Jaiden Howard while Willis’ offense is option heavy? I’m not overly optimistic but hopefully a full offseason and kids being in the system for a second year helps out. 

24 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I think we’ll be more than alright with a full offseason and if Willis can get the kids to buy in. We got a transfer QB from FB Crawford that would’ve been a FB Ridge Point kid before he got re-zoned and looks a lot more like what Willis needs to run his system. He’s only going to be a sophomore next year but he’s already camped at UTSA and UH. Only concern I have is that he’s being recruited as a pro-style QB and built like Jaiden Howard while Willis’ offense is option heavy? I’m not overly optimistic but hopefully a full offseason and kids being in the system for a second year helps out. 

What happened with Howard? I haven't talked to his dad in awhile. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

What happened with Howard? I haven't talked to his dad in awhile. 

After tearing his knee up his senior year I think the mental part of the recovery was tough on him moving forward. He looked solid when he got some clock at Blinn but I think going from potentially the Big 10 to grinding it out in juco isn’t for everybody. I know Kellen Haynes has the school passing records but IMO Howard is the best QB Crosby has had since probably 2000. 

Just now, Cougar14.2 said:

After tearing his knee up his senior year I think the mental part of the recovery was tough on him moving forward. He looked solid when he got some clock at Blinn but I think going from potentially the Big 10 to grinding it out in juco isn’t for everybody. I know Kellen Haynes has the school passing records but IMO Howard is the best QB Crosby has had since probably 2000. 

I loved watching that kid play. I thought personally he was better than Walter. Just my opinion 🤷🏾‍♂️

5 hours ago, OlDawg said:

Y’all said BH had one of your best teams last year. You lost some good talent. Y’all are still 0fer against La Porte, and the Dawgs will be in the 3rd year of the staff with—depending on how they count the starters since LP rotates so much—8 returning on O & 7 on D.

Every matchup is different of course. But, BH would stand less of a chance this year than last, and Eagle Stadium isn’t an edge against LP. 😂 

Congrats ! You beat BH struggle with teams you shouldn’t then bow out in the 1st round 👍

4 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Crosby’s 2024 schedule: 

Damn, I was hoping y’all would schedule us! No idea who BH is looking to play. At least you got Dayton back on that should be a good reunion. 

9 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Congrats ! You beat BH struggle with teams you shouldn’t then bow out in the 1st round 👍

Yep. Bowed out to the State semi finalist in a game that was closer than the score indicated with a young team that hadn’t been to the PO’s in many years and a second year staff.

Y’all had a good draw.

If LP would learn to use their big soph TE on intermediate passes this coming year 3 or 4 times a game, it would help keep D’s from stacking the box. Just a little flip over the LB’s, and that next level is wide open.