E-bikes caused record deaths, fires last year in New York City

This is the hidden content, please

From the article:

Electric bicycles caused a record number of fires, injuries and deaths in New York City last year as Democrats continued to push for greater adoption of the device as a solution to global warming.
Overall, e-bikes sparked 267 fires which caused 18 deaths and 150 injuries in the city, according to New York Fire Department (FDNY) data shared with Fox News Digital. The figures represent the highest levels of each statistic, with e-bike related deaths increasing 200%, fires increasing 21% and injuries increasing 2% in the city year over year.

That's not great news..........

BUT, my Son who is 22 and now lives in Austin brought us out to ride the electric scooters. You can stop and have a drink, go to a destination, or just ride around. They are a total blast, even for my 58 yo butt.....when you park it, take a picture and walk away......if it's gone when you are ready to leave, you jump on another. If the battery gets weak, dump it and get another. Lots of fun!

33 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

That's not great news..........

BUT, my Son who is 22 and now lives in Austin brought us out to ride the electric scooters. You can stop and have a drink, go to a destination, or just ride around. They are a total blast, even for my 58 yo butt.....when you park it, take a picture and walk away......if it's gone when you are ready to leave, you jump on another. If the battery gets weak, dump it and get another. Lots of fun!

I loved them when I lived in Austin and now visit - It's a LOT easier to navagate and so much cheaper than having to pay to park your vehicle. 

1 hour ago, Bobcat1 said:

I loved them when I lived in Austin and now visit - It's a LOT easier to navagate and so much cheaper than having to pay to park your vehicle. 

Wayyyy cheaper and a blast.......I would almost ride them to a concert. When we went to see KISS in Austin, the Uber was $15 for 4 of us....we were 2.7 miles away(be design).......When we scheduled our pick up after the show......$127.00.  Those jerks get you there cheap and rape you on the way home 'cause you stranded.....lol

Good thing they are Li-ion and not Li-po batteries.

Li-po batteries can be dangerous and more prone to swelling and catching fire if kept at full charge. Good brands line in my drones have an auto discharge feature. After a couple of days, the battery will discharge itself to a safe storage level.

That is why refurbished and cheap knock off lithium batteries are a bad deal but Li-ion are safer.