Meaningless Bowl Thread

PhatMack19

1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

Shipley went down with what looked like a pretty serious leg injury.  That’s why these kids aren’t playing meaningless games. 

Boosters are gonna have to start giving out NIL bonuses to get guys to play in these bowls. Minnesota’s boosters had to pony up $30k to get their qb to play against Bowling Green on Tuesday. 

2 hours ago, BEARCPA said:

Boosters are gonna have to start giving out NIL bonuses to get guys to play in these bowls. Minnesota’s boosters had to pony up $30k to get their qb to play against Bowling Green on Tuesday. 

Bingo.  I can’t remember exactly but Arch has either a $3M or $5M bonus if he starts a playoff game.  I expect bowl game payments to be common place very soon. 

23 hours ago, BEARCPA said:

My only play today is Mizzou -2 in the Cotton Bowl. Got it at a terrible number because the line is now Ohio State -5. Looks like a bunch of potential Buckeye opt-outs are gonna end up playing tonight. Oh well. 

Got lucky yesterday with OSU’s qb injury, bowl record is now 10-8. Today’s plays are:

Ole Miss +4

Georgia -14

Wyoming -3

You got a good number on Georgia.  It’s -21 now.  

I don’t get the Florida State transfers.  Next year with 12 teams they are almost a shoe-in for the playoffs.  Instead they are whining and trying to leave the ACC.  They are better off staying put and making the playoff every year.  

11 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Missing half their team hurts, but Georgia is that good.  

Not my problem. Like you said, Georgia would stomp a mud hole in them anyway. Sick of the crybaby players. College football is being ruined. Most of these players had their pick of school, they were groomed, and made their choice. When things don’t go right, they can leave. I think it should be more binding than that, but hey, I’m old school. Nothing is making me more happy than this butt whipping. Post game interviews should be interesting.

10 minutes ago, baddog said:

I hope Georgia scores 70. I hope the Florida State portal players go to teams who have bad seasons next year. Crybabies.

I don’t blame them for crying.  They got screwed.  They won a power 5 conference going undefeated and got left out.  If their QB didn’t get hurt, they are in the playoff.  They weren’t one of the 4 best teams without him playing.  The committee was in a no win situation.