2023 - 2024 District 19-4a

Unbelievableee

With the season getting closer, what are some thoughts on the 2023/2024 season? Last year was as follows:

LCM 

- Clear favorite to win district again seeing that they lost zero starters from last years team that won district. 

BC

- If Kentucky Commit, Carsyn Fall can stay healthy, they have the chance to win district and have a deep playoff run. I am not sure how deep they are behind her, but anytime she is on the mound, they have a good chance to win. 

Vidor 

- Graduated 5 Seniors last season. Not sure what they have coming up or returning. They always seem to compete.

Jasper 

- Graduated their starting pitcher and catcher but have a great player coming back. Miss State commit Kalani Sells looks to have a huge Sr season at the plate and lead her team to the playoffs.

Lumberton 

- Graduated a few starters from last season but have a solid core coming back including Soph pitcher/UTL Lexy Ousley. I see them Competitng for a playoff spot. 

Silsbee 

- Only graduated one from last years team but did not look very good. Hearing they have a solid group coming up that are freshmen this year, so maybe they will be able to compete at a better level this season. 

WOS 

- Graduated their best player. Still a building season coming up for the lady mustangs. 

All in all, I am thinking LCM and BC will battle it out for the 1/2 spots. That could be some great battles if Fall is healthy. 

After that, I can see Vidor and Lumberton battling it out for 3rd/4th with Jasper knocking on the door. Silsbee may can sneak a surprise or two in there to possibly get in the playoffs for the first time in a while.