Port Neches-Groves (41) @ Nederland (16) - FINAL

jdawg03

I saw that Coach McDaniel put two spies on him after the long TD run. He still made plays but they were limited. Coach McDaniel is the best DC I have ever seen in my time at PNG. This guy makes adjustments on the fly he doesn't wait until halftime. He is the real deal. We also had 4 interceptions. Which really hurt Nederland's chances of catching up. 

22 minutes ago, PN-G bamatex said:

I second this. Really enjoyed the game. Hoping since Nederland got the 100th edition at home, PN-G will get the 100th anniversary game at home in 2025 so we can return the favor.

+3  Good job, Bulldogs.  And good game, regardless of the score.  

1 hour ago, navydawg31 said:

Nederland has never had big lineman but a handful of times that I can remember. PNG seems to have the better line, while seems Nederland have the better skill position players. And ever since faircloth came around better qb play that has continued… 

Nederland had good size in the trenches in the 2012-2015 era, and it was complimented with serious conditioning. 

2 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Nederland had good size in the trenches in the 2012-2015 era, and it was complimented with serious conditioning. 

Yes they were and during the late 90s/early 2000s  they were as well…but other than that Nederland line has been smaller size. They won on very great technique and pure athleticism  

9 hours ago, prepballfan said:

Conner didnt have to throw much but according to the paper he was 6 for 7

Not possible. PNG dropped two passes near the end-zone on the drive that ended on a missed FG and dropped another on the drive before at the end-zone that ended in FG. But when he did throw it he was once again on target. 

10 minutes ago, NDNation said:

Calm down Nederland. You lost to the #5 team in the state. The game went exactly how it was suppose to go. Dogs are in the playoffs. Big improvement from last year. 2nd to last game of the season and yall were playing for a part of the DC. 

Midcounty playoff bound!

Lol kinda what I was saying on the TC vs Ned thread. We act like after last years team we we're expecting a DC, I guess cause we've been use to recent success and last year kinda left us wondering how decades of culture can get destroyed in a single year (but it's possible) but our district record is a typical one for Ned and a playoff appearance is usual as well. Just kicking it back to the 05-08 squads again, let's hurry and repeat 2011-2015 please. Let's go our normal two rounds deeps and watch the state championship from the sidelines as tradition entails