Port Neches-Groves (41) @ Nederland (16) - FINAL

jdawg03

44 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Let me understand something:  PNG was on the go alone twice and couldn’t score?  May a FG and missed a FG.  How did they not score this close?  

We have to clean that up for the playoffs. I think we had four trips (among others) to the red zone that combined resulted in three points. I would need to watch the film to check that. But our red zone performance was so-so tonight. Our receivers need to get more consistent on receptions. The passes are there. Bailey was scary accurate tonight. A lot of drops. 

14 minutes ago, Reagan said:

PNG coaches developed those lineman.  You swap those lineman and the results would be the same.  Coaching does matter.  

Nederland has never had big lineman but a handful of times that I can remember. PNG seems to have the better line, while seems Nederland have the better skill position players. And ever since faircloth came around better qb play that has continued… 

52 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Let me understand something:  PNG was on the go alone twice and couldn’t score?  May a FG and missed a FG.  How did they not score this close?  

One drive we had a penalty, on the other two dropped touchdown passes. The main reason is because we tried passing and dropped them. Good news as well Shea Adams was suited up and running warm up drills and is expected full go for the playoffs.

Nederland got a lot of catching up to do and not just in football. The new school should have been built in 2010 but the boomers shot it down. If I was on the Ned coaching staff I'd be worried about my job, need some fresh blood in there. Ik LN gotta be shaking his head, but that era is over. A lot alumni my age that are older enjoyed wins in MCM for many years are seeing the program go down aren't use to it. Me and my bros went to the high school from 05-20 so we're use to more MCM wins than losses. Hopefully the new school revitalizes something, we've kicked the boomers out who we're stopping progress

1 hour ago, Rez Ipsa said:

We have to clean that up for the playoffs. I think we had four trips (among others) to the red zone that combined resulted in three points. I would need to watch the film to check that. But our red zone performance was so-so tonight. Our receivers need to get more consistent on receptions. The passes are there. Bailey was scary accurate tonight. A lot of drops. 

I was out of pocket.  Wasn’t able to watch the game.  That’s why  the curiosity.  Especially knowing how porous Ned’s defense is.  Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Bulldogpower said:

Nederland got a lot of catching up to do and not just in football. The new school should have been built in 2010 but the boomers shot it down. If I was on the Ned coaching staff I'd be worried about my job, need some fresh blood in there. Ik LN gotta be shaking his head, but that era is over. A lot alumni my age that are older enjoyed wins in MCM for many years are seeing the program go down aren't use to it. Me and my bros went to the high school from 05-20 so we're use to more MCM wins than losses. Hopefully the new school revitalizes something, we've kicked the boomers out who we're stopping progress

But also getting a lot of transplants in Nederland and not in a good way either from the look of things. Lots of traditions are done and gone… 

7 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

One drive we had a penalty, on the other two dropped touchdown passes. The main reason is because we tried passing and dropped them. Good news as well Shea Adams was suited up and running warm up drills and is expected full go for the playoffs.

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Bulldogpower said:

+1 like

4 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

But also getting a lot of transplants in Nederland and not in a good way either from the look of things. Lots of traditions are done and gone… 

It started when the board members forced Uncle Larry out. Like him or not he made it all work, all sports were competitive, and the results were obvious throughout the schools and the community. 

7 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

Thank you Nederland for hosting such a classy 100th meeting. I thought you guys did a great job. It was a huge responsibility. You nailed it. The two bands playing together was amazing. 

I second this. Really enjoyed the game. Hoping since Nederland got the 100th edition at home, PN-G will get the 100th anniversary game at home in 2025 so we can return the favor.