Lamar season this far (10/14)

Aggiesarewe posted in today's game thread that he read Lamar's present 4 game win streak is the longest since '74.

Other notes...Lamar is 3-2 against FCS opponents with the two losses coming against teams ranked in the FCS top 25. Idaho is presently #3 (they play Montana on ESPN 2 at 9:30 FCS fans) and S. Dakota is #17.  

The other 2 games are a win over an NAIA school that is playing an FCS heavy schedule and a loss against FBS Louisiana Monroe. 

Not sure if this info means much, but I find it all interesting.  Especially when one thinks about a new coach getting a schedule that starts with an FBS opponent and 2 ranked teams that play in 2 of the most respected FCS conferences. That's likely not something anyone would want to have when rebuilding a program. 

46 minutes ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

Aggiesarewe posted in today's game thread that he read Lamar's present 4 game win streak is the longest since '74.

Other notes...Lamar is 3-2 against FCS opponents with the two losses coming against teams ranked in the FCS top 25. Idaho is presently #3 (they play Montana on ESPN 2 at 9:30 FCS fans) and S. Dakota is #17.  

The other 2 games are a win over an NAIA school that is playing an FCS heavy schedule and a loss against FBS Louisiana Monroe. 

Not sure if this info means much, but I find it all interesting.  Especially when one thinks about a new coach getting a schedule that starts with an FBS opponent and 2 ranked teams that play in 2 of the most respected FCS conferences. That's likely not something anyone would want to have when rebuilding a program. 

The last AD was about as bad as one can imagine on so many levels.  I still hope the hires he made that are still around find success but he was just a disaster.  The new guy O’Malley seems like a good guy and learned under a really top notch AD at Marshall.  I like him.  But I REALLY like Dr Taylor and what he and his wife have brought to Lamar and Beaumont.  To me, he was an absolute home run hire by the BoR and one of his main goals was to revive the athletic programs. I truly hope he has a long career here. 

Proud of Lamar and this football team! Wasn’t to sure about this head coach just cause of the unknown part of him. But he seems to have won the locker room over and having the guys believing and winning. Keep it going Cards. Hopefully next home game stands can become packed and student body show up and show out for the team….

UIW website only had a bio up for the head coach and two others. The head coach was promoted, the other 2 are the special teams coach who served as special teams analyst and the other arrived in January. 

So, I am assuming it's loaded with new faces.  Again, assuming. The FCS level schools are really odd in the disparity in how well some operate websites and socially media and others do not.

11 minutes ago, spidersal said:

Football team is doing much better hope they keep it up. Don’t know about new AD yet. He did not get rid of baseball, basketball, and softball coaches that are simply bad

Hopefully he will see the light and get rid of them. Looks like a good hire for football 

I think basketball will be greatly improved this season.

12 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I think basketball will be greatly improved this season.

I agree

@spidersal

very hard to count the 1st season against the man.  Too many players he inherited on that team caused a lot of division and didn’t fit his philosophy.

not to make excuses but his second year there he lost a very pivotal player right before the season started.