PNG vs. Texas City - Game 5

Rez Ipsa

Who wins?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Port Neches-Groves
    • Texas City

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/30/2023 at 12:00 AM

6 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Not trying to challenge that but T-Bone Toms was a big disappointment last time I went. Way too expensive and a dry, small steak. Mrs. Scientist asked me to not take her there again. 

I would suggest O'Neals on the Water. Great place and awesome views. Even live music sometimes.

This is the hidden content, please

Is Oneal's a new place?  There's been several difference restaurants that tried that location in the past. 

Gringo's Tex-Mex in Texas City looks interesting. So does Cafe Petra.  

51 minutes ago, aki1994 said:

What is the story on Texas City? Running offense? Pass the ball around? Spread? 

Looks like RPO.  Run the ball with QB keeper or RB.  Throw to the sides and then try a deep ball occasionally.  Looked like they had 1 big O lineman.  Nothing fancy. 

On 9/26/2023 at 4:55 PM, pakronos said:

When coming home I take 146 to seabrook( right at the second light when u are forced on the feeder) follow that to nada rd 1 to i45 . From I 45 take the Texas city exit all the way to the stadium. U can take the beltway to 45 and the 45 south is fine. Just take the Texas city exit 

I live in League City and this is EXACTLY the way I get home when traveling from the triangle.  Everyone should take 146 to avoid as much refinery traffic as possible at Crosby Lynchburg.  You'll be forced off 146 at Red Bluff I believe. Take a right at Red Bluff to Kirby and take a left.  Go down to Nasa Rd 1 and stay on Nasa Rd 1 until you get to the 45 exit towards Galveston.  Hop on 45 at 518 in League City and exit 45 right past Bucee's.  

18 hours ago, 1970 said:

Is Oneal's a new place?  There's been several difference restaurants that tried that location in the past.  

O'Neals has been there for about 5 years, I think. They have had a place on old 146 in central Baytown forever, but now expanded to the north landing of the Hartman bridge. I don't think O'Neal's is going anywhere. They seem always busy.  

I will be working late & will not be there.  1st PNG Football Game I have voluntarily missed in decades.  Will be praying for safe travel for everyone & that those in attendance for the Indians will pull them through to victory. Gob Bless & take care!

PNG HAS A SPECIAL SPIRIT, PASS IT ON!!!

16 hours ago, NDNTime said:

I live in League City and this is EXACTLY the way I get home when traveling from the triangle.  Everyone should take 146 to avoid as much refinery traffic as possible at Crosby Lynchburg.  You'll be forced off 146 at Red Bluff I believe. Take a right at Red Bluff to Kirby and take a left.  Go down to Nasa Rd 1 and stay on Nasa Rd 1 until you get to the 45 exit towards Galveston.  Hop on 45 at 518 in League City and exit 45 right past Bucee's.  

I agree, best route to take.

12 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

O'Neals has been there for about 5 years, I think. They have had a place on old 146 in central Baytown forever, but now expanded to the north landing of the Hartman bridge. I don't think O'Neal's is going anywhere. They seem always busy.  

The Friday nite specials are legit, plus the salad bar. 💯

On 9/29/2023 at 12:22 AM, Separation Scientist said:

We didn't stop there, but saw it when we passed by. My wife said that place looks small compared to the Hyatt Regency next door, and then we both said, "Hyatt Regency?".  When did that get there?  

Anyway, whoever suggested the "Red Bluff to NASA 1 to 45 to TC" route, thanks again, we did indeed use that route, going. 

WRT the TC Stings, I'm picking them to beat FBM.  And for a while there I was beginning to believe that the schmooze job the TC superintendent gave the officials before the opening kickoff was going to work.  Geez, the chain gang, the scorekeeper, the timekeeper, the down marker, the non-calls, and the convenient little holding and USLC calls. The whole crew. Otherwise, what a game.  Bell vs Nguyen, Duran vs Bailey, plus the receivers for both teams. Great game.  

17 hours ago, 1970 said:

We didn't stop there, but saw it when we passed by. My wife said that place looks small compared to the Hyatt Regency next door, and then we both said, "Hyatt Regency?".  When did that get there?  

That Hyatt Regency is brand spankin' new. Top notch! We have watched it being built the past ~2 years. I want to actually go in and check it out and eat there soon. I did drive through the front driveway entrance area just before it opened and it looked really nice.