9/15 results

Bud Kilmer

Don’t think Nederland does a lot of talking in volleyball this year.  Nederland lost a lot from last year and it’s looks like they are just now putting it together a little bit.  Confident would probably not be a word for it.  Just hopeful for this young team playing three freshman and a sophomore.  I still would think Nederland gets it done in a tight match tonight.    

Well it looks like Nederland wasn’t putting it together.  Took a step back this week. GCM handled them easily this evening. 

3 hours ago, NedPA said:

Don’t think Nederland does a lot of talking in volleyball this year.  Nederland lost a lot from last year and it’s looks like they are just now putting it together a little bit.  Confident would probably not be a word for it.  Just hopeful for this young team playing three freshman and a sophomore.  I still would think Nederland gets it done in a tight match tonight.    

11 hours ago, THS99 said:

Looks like this district will be pretty much decided on Tuesday, BH vs GCM @ BH. 

GCM losses:  Humble, Foster, Dobie (2), LaPorte (2), Needville, Pasadena, Santa Fe

BH losses: St. Mary (OK), Dripping Springs, St. Johns, Lake Travis, Bishop Lynch, Grand Oaks, Vandegrift  

Note, BH swept Dobie, LaPorte, Foster.  

1 hour ago, Separation Scientist said:

GCM losses:  Humble, Foster, Dobie (2), LaPorte (2), Needville, Pasadena, Santa Fe

BH losses: St. Mary (OK), Dripping Springs, St. Johns, Lake Travis, Bishop Lynch, Grand Oaks, Vandegrift  

Note, BH swept Dobie, LaPorte, Foster.  

I’m aware of the records for each team, wins and losses.  The level of competition that BH has played is vastly superior to what GCM has faced. BH’s losses are against really good, and a few exceptional, teams. Let’s be honest, GCM’s losses are just against teams. I am fully expecting BH to win in 3, hence the district will be decided on Tuesday. 

LCM beat Vidor 3-2.

Anybody know the rule on an entire team storming the court DURING play? During the 5th set, it was Vidor 12 LCM 13.  LCM players assumed the ball was dead but our kids dug it out of the net and hit it back over.  LCM's entire bench stormed the court to celebrate, then realized "oh crap they're still going" and ran off the court.  Refs never called it. Point ended up going to LCM which was a game altering point. 

Our coaches never realized this had happened as they were watching the play and the ball coming back over the net. 

Football - penalty would be enforced.

Soccer - it constitutes a forfeit. 

I would think that point should have went to Vidor which would have made it 13 all. 

28 minutes ago, Fortheloveofthegame said:

LCM beat Vidor 3-2.

Anybody know the rule on an entire team storming the court DURING play? During the 5th set, it was Vidor 12 LCM 13.  LCM players assumed the ball was dead but our kids dug it out of the net and hit it back over.  LCM's entire bench stormed the court to celebrate, then realized "oh crap they're still going" and ran off the court.  Refs never called it. Point ended up going to LCM which was a game altering point. 

Our coaches never realized this had happened as they were watching the play and the ball coming back over the net. 

Football - penalty would be enforced.

Soccer - it constitutes a forfeit. 

I would think that point should have went to Vidor which would have made it 13 all. 

Anyone got any video of this play? 

If they didn't interfere with the outcome why would Vidor get the point? Although premature it seems like a case of a random ball rolling through the court, some refs call it dead early and some use judgement that it didnt interfere with the play letting it go on.  

27 minutes ago, Steven Avery said:

Anyone got any video of this play? 

If they didn't interfere with the outcome why would Vidor get the point? Although premature it seems like a case of a random ball rolling through the court, some refs call it dead early and some use judgement that it didnt interfere with the play letting it go on.  

Yes, and I would go out on a limb and say it will probably go to UIL.  The ball was never dead.  The whistle was never blown.  More than six people were on the court when a player hit the ball that was still in play.  I would think as soon as a player off the bench crosses the line and steps on the court, the play is immediately ruled dead and a replay happens, or the team with more than six on the court loses that point and it goes to the other team.  

43 minutes ago, Fortheloveofthegame said:

Yes, and I would go out on a limb and say it will probably go to UIL.  The ball was never dead.  The whistle was never blown.  More than six people were on the court when a player hit the ball that was still in play.  I would think as soon as a player off the bench crosses the line and steps on the court, the play is immediately ruled dead and a replay happens, or the team with more than six on the court loses that point and it goes to the other team.  

Did the 7th man play the ball?  I hear what you are saying but if it didnt impact the play and was just cheering then its gonna be a nonfactor is my guess. 

1 hour ago, Fortheloveofthegame said:

Or just play better and get the win that way? Lol

I was an official years ago and haven’t called a game in years… but me personally if I’m the official I’m not blowing the whistle unless play of the ball was interfered with . Also kinda one of those things where I’d have to be there in that situation…also possibly could’ve blown the play dead and replayed the point