Barbers hill at Crosby

lcm93

On 9/11/2023 at 10:39 PM, Old Ape said:

I wonder how many 5a D1 schools only have 1 junior high! It seems to me that you can’t have depth if kids don’t play. IE. 44 8th grade A team starters instead of 22. 
Poole saw these days coming 10 years ago when he split the junior highs. They struggled at first but they don’t anymore. 

They didn’t struggle at first. First year they competed well in both football and basketball. 

I made a mistake and made my prediction of this being an easier game for BH than previous years. Some of it based on what I know about the BH team, the rest was how hard the Cougar faithful bad mouthed their coach and this team in this forum. Those boys came to play and I believe more than anything, depth hurt them and they got tired and some players hurt. I could definitely see Crosby in the playoffs. I was impressed. 
Also impressed by the way a banged up BH defense played in 2nd half. Good adjustments to try and stop those big runs by Crosby. Good luck to both team the rest of the season. BH offense sputtered at times but showed lots of poise to carry the team to a win. 

2 hours ago, Justafan15 said:

I made a mistake and made my prediction of this being an easier game for BH than previous years. Some of it based on what I know about the BH team, the rest was how hard the Cougar faithful bad mouthed their coach and this team in this forum. Those boys came to play and I believe more than anything, depth hurt them and they got tired and some players hurt. I could definitely see Crosby in the playoffs. I was impressed. 
Also impressed by the way a banged up BH defense played in 2nd half. Good adjustments to try and stop those big runs by Crosby. Good luck to both team the rest of the season. BH offense sputtered at times but showed lots of poise to carry the team to a win. 

The momentum shifted for sure when #2 limped off after the first play in the second half.  Crosby still had a decent drive, but it ended with a turnover on downs around BH 25.  Lack of depth definitely hurt Crosby, but the first half they got the turnover deep, but Crosby probably led the Time of Possession, BH scored in like 3 plays a couple of times, I guess they got tired of chasing a big play.  One of the biggest issues I see is neither the offense nor the defense know where to line up or what routes to run on offense.  I also was looking for some kind of counter play on offense when #2 healthy and give it to #14 in some misdirection because BH was swarming to #2 late in the 2nd qtr.  They had already adjusted late in that qtr.  it was a good high school game to watch in my opinion, just a couple of suspect(borderline dirty) plays, one by each team. Hopefully the kids that got banged up on both sides get healthy quick, but I suspect #2 from Crosby has some issues with that foot.

On 9/16/2023 at 10:49 AM, CougarCal said:

The momentum shifted for sure when #2 limped off after the first play in the second half.  Crosby still had a decent drive, but it ended with a turnover on downs around BH 25.  Lack of depth definitely hurt Crosby, but the first half they got the turnover deep, but Crosby probably led the Time of Possession, BH scored in like 3 plays a couple of times, I guess they got tired of chasing a big play.  One of the biggest issues I see is neither the offense nor the defense know where to line up or what routes to run on offense.  I also was looking for some kind of counter play on offense when #2 healthy and give it to #14 in some misdirection because BH was swarming to #2 late in the 2nd qtr.  They had already adjusted late in that qtr.  it was a good high school game to watch in my opinion, just a couple of suspect(borderline dirty) plays, one by each team. Hopefully the kids that got banged up on both sides get healthy quick, but I suspect #2 from Crosby has some issues with that foot.

I hope #2 Wesley Yarbrough will not miss any action, as he is definitely a big part of the cougar offense.