BH Vs Mag West

BHFAN

BH Vs Mag West  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins ?

• BH
    • Mag West

Mag West took out BH last year at their house by a score of 28-10. That was BH 1st game in a rebuild year and the score didn’t reflect the game as I thought MW dominated most of the game. This year they come to BH returning 4 on O and 6 on D while BH come back with 7 on O and 6 on D.  What I noticed last year was how much bigger MW was on the line of scrimmage which ultimately allowed them to control the game. This year should be a better showing from the Eagles and will be a good test for both teams. This game is a toss up for me, but I got BH by 7.

My expectation is that we will see a better week 1 BH team than last year. Abseck started his BH career with a good team, but took the reins mid summer. His first full year was a rebuild and now he has most of that team coming back. I think the only real question coming in the year was the O-Line. I think we will see the normal rust of a 1st game, but the passing game should get sharp quick. Hoping to see a better running game this year, but we will see.

1 hour ago, BHFAN said:

My expectation is that we will see a better week 1 BH team than last year. Abseck started his BH career with a good team, but took the reins mid summer. His first full year was a rebuild and now he has most of that team coming back. I think the only real question coming in the year was the O-Line. I think we will see the normal rust of a 1st game, but the passing game should get sharp quick. Hoping to see a better running game this year, but we will see.

The O-line will be big (around 285lb average), but I heard not a lot of depth there. Most of the line has varsity experience. I still think Mag West will be tough in the trenches, which is what happened last year. After that, BH will probably manhandle the rest of the schedule in the trenches. The one area that worries me is on the defensive side with the secondary. Hopefully, the front 7 can pressure QB’s to make quick throws. If not, we’re going to be in a lot of shootouts.

It’s good to hear that the O-line has some size! D-line and LB’s are solid and not too concerned about the secondary. We will know a lot more after this game, but if we can get the running game going that will open this offense up even more.  

6 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Hoping for a good game and maybe a win but honestly winning the pre-district games does not mean that much to me. I'll take a loss as long as the team got some good work in, over a win where it really didn't. I know others see it differently.    

Agreed. It’s time to get some  work in before district. This should be a good game tonight! Goodluck Eagles let’s just stay healthy looking forward to a great season