Kville teacher: trying it in a small town

5GallonBucket

38 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

One lady s comments/analogy was to me apple and oranges.

I think we have all seen comments/analogies that make no sense. It doesn’t matter which side of a discussion.

When you read it and think…

HUH!!?

47 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

I think it would me a major distraction for the kids, who the schools exist for, not the teachers.

30 years ago we would have had no problem saying no to this, we still shouldn't.

JMO and I'm sure not everyone shares it.

Couldn’t agree more

it will slowly become normalized and desensitized just like everything else and those that think differently are the extremist…..nah you just gave up and gave in.

16 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

Couldn't that go both ways though?

Playing devil's advocate 

Not if you include the rest of the sentence. it will slowly become normalized and desensitized just like” changes the meaning  

While technically anything can go either way, 5GB’s statement was about abhorrent behavior being normalized to the point and desensitizing people so people ignore it rather than argue.

To say, those that think differently are extremist, would certainly work both ways. That isn’t what was said though. 

What from the conservative perspective is abhorrent behavior that is trying to desensitize people? Voter ID? Free enterprise?  Not burning cities because you don’t agree? Lower taxes?

In fact most conservative issues today would be considered normal 40 years ago by both sides of the aisle. 

I don’t care what adults do with their lives.  Let them be who they want to be.  That said, I don’t believe that parents should be forced to explain about trans people to their children because of something they learned at school, whether it be something crazy in the curriculum, or a teacher transitioning in front of their eyes in the classroom.  There are places where this would fly, but small town east Texas is not one of those places.  

2 hours ago, bullets13 said:

I don’t care what adults do with their lives.  Let them be who they want to be.  That said, I don’t believe that parents should be forced to explain about trans people to their children because of something they learned at school, whether it be something crazy in the curriculum, or a teacher transitioning in front of their eyes in the classroom.  There are places where this would fly, but small town east Texas is not one of those places.  

"Keep Kirbyville Wierd" doesn't sound right. I wouldn't be surprised if someone puts a for sale sign in they's yard. That doesn't sound right either. What pronoun do they prefer? It doesn't matter. The only preference that matters is that of the parents of these students. It's ultimately a decision for them to make about how they want their children to learn. We need more church based schools for these students. I'm sure there are some teachers in the district that may disagree with all this too. Wouldn't that be an simple solution? Too many of the problems we're facing today could be because of the lack of God in our public schools.

6 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

"Keep Kirbyville Wierd" doesn't sound right. I wouldn't be surprised if someone puts a for sale sign in they's yard. That doesn't sound right either. What pronoun do they prefer? It doesn't matter. The only preference that matters is that of the parents of these students. It's ultimately a decision for them to make about how they want their children to learn. We need more church based schools for these students. I'm sure there are some teachers in the district that may disagree with all this too. Wouldn't that be an simple solution? Too many of the problems we're facing today could be because of the lack of God in our public schools.

Enough said 

9 hours ago, bullets13 said:

When society (people) allow said people to be who they want to be those said people make up society and therefore are going to influence others. 
so to what end.  What standard should we live by….should each person live by their own standard……we all know where that leads and how that will negatively shape society.

so when this so called “let them be who they want” mentality  starts or maybe has affected you and your loved ones don’t complain don’t whine don’t shed a tear.

There are Consequence s to every action ….and ‘no action’ is an action

and I’m not talking just trans. I’m talking morals in general.

STANDARDS

This is the hidden content, please

Because i follow news about God and AI on the smart news app, I stumbled across this article a few days ago. The absurdity of this is mind blowing. But it shows the lengths that people will go to try to justify their decisions. This is a dangerous time for Christians. The devil has a hold on almost every aspect of society around the world. And there is only one solution.

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Because i follow news about God and AI on the smart news app, I stumbled across this article a few days ago. The absurdity of this is mind blowing. But it shows the lengths that people will go to try to justify their decisions. This is a dangerous time for Christians. The devil has a hold on almost every aspect of society around the world. And there is only one solution.

AI just like all technology has opened the flood gates for self destruction

8 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

When society (people) allow said people to be who they want to be those said people make up society and therefore are going to influence others. 
so to what end.  What standard should we live by….should each person live by their own standard……we all know where that leads and how that will negatively shape society.

so when this so called “let them be who they want” mentality  starts or maybe has affected you and your loved ones don’t complain don’t whine don’t shed a tear.

There are Consequence s to every action ….and ‘no action’ is an action

and I’m not talking just trans. I’m talking morals in general.

STANDARDS

you'll never get me to agree that you should be able to legislate morality.   Freedom is freedom.  I don't have to agree with something, but that doesn't mean it can't exist or should be illegal.  Personally, I think it does more harm for a kid to grow up in close proximity to an a-hole (this is not an allusion to anyone in particular) than it does for them to see a dude in a dress, and there are a whole lot more of them than trans people. What legislation do we make to remedy that issue?  

2 hours ago, bullets13 said:

you'll never get me to agree that you should be able to legislate morality.   Freedom is freedom.  I don't have to agree with something, but that doesn't mean it can't exist or should be illegal.  Personally, I think it does more harm for a kid to grow up in close proximity to an a-hole (this is not an allusion to anyone in particular) than it does for them to see a dude in a dress, and there are a whole lot more of them than trans people. What legislation do we make to remedy that issue?  

Did I say legislate….

we ve actually created legislation for said people.

freedom comes with a cost

back in the day such people didn’t get hired…….

people didn’t condone it didn’t celebrate it didn’t have it tv or movies 

now we have the complete opposite.

I don’t like either but if I had to choose I ll take a hole over a confused individual any day of the week at least I know what I’m getting

this is beyond man made laws….man has created laws to fuel what we are dealing with.  Society has  desensitized everything that is evil.

so do you like what’s going on in schools that have allowed such influences

To your point

18 hours ago, bullets13 said:

There are places where this would fly, but small town east Texas is not one of those places.  

It shouldn’t be allowed to fly anywhere.

so why can’t it fly in small town east texas?

4 hours ago, bullets13 said:

But where does freedom end?

It certainly has limits and to simply claim that freedom freedom doesn’t cover it.

Beliefs cannot be legislated. Actions can.

A guy could say that he thinks it is morally wrong to take a plant like marijuana and tell people they could go to jail for using it. Yet where he perceives as his moral freedom isn’t valid in law.

If a guy says that he believes everyone should feel comfortable in their own body and he should be able to teach school completely nude, whose morality wins that legal battle?

I have no clue what to do with a cross dresser or transgender teaching at a school. I know that the Supreme Court has said that rules could be put in place if they restrict things that would disrupt teaching. That goes as far as punishing students for off-campus activities within certain parameters.

More harm or less harm, no matter how valid (and I completely understand the point), should enter into the conversation. When talking about children at school, it should be no harm and not less harm  

I don’t have an answer, but I know you don’t consider freedom is freedom as a final answer. Certainly there are limits to a teacher’s behavior.

Where should the limits be is the question. 

2 hours ago, tvc184 said:

But where does freedom end?

It certainly has limits and to simply claim that freedom freedom doesn’t cover it.

Beliefs cannot be legislated. Actions can.

A guy could say that he thinks it is morally wrong to take a plant like marijuana and tell people they could go to jail for using it. Yet where he perceives as his moral freedom isn’t valid in law.

If a guy says that he believes everyone should feel comfortable in their own body and he should be able to teach school completely nude, whose morality wins that legal battle?

I have no clue what to do with a cross dresser or transgender teaching at a school. I know that the Supreme Court has said that rules could be put in place if they restrict things that would disrupt teaching. That goes as far as punishing students for off-campus activities within certain parameters.

More harm or less harm, no matter how valid (and I completely understand the point), should enter into the conversation. When talking about children at school, it should be no harm and not less harm  

I don’t have an answer, but I know you don’t consider freedom is freedom as a final answer. Certainly there are limits to a teacher’s behavior.

Where should the limits be is the question. 

Point taken.  My limit is as long as it doesn’t hurt somebody else.  Can someone teaching completely nude hurt someone?  Undoubtedly.  Does a man fully clothed in a dress teaching hurt someone?  Probably not, but I don’t think that’s a discussion someone should be able to force on parents.  It’s obviously a difficult subject 

3 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Did I say legislate….

we ve actually created legislation for said people.

freedom comes with a cost

back in the day such people didn’t get hired…….

people didn’t condone it didn’t celebrate it didn’t have it tv or movies 

now we have the complete opposite.

I don’t like either but if I had to choose I ll take a hole over a confused individual any day of the week at least I know what I’m getting

this is beyond man made laws….man has created laws to fuel what we are dealing with.  Society has  desensitized everything that is evil.

so do you like what’s going on in schools that have allowed such influences

To your point

It shouldn’t be allowed to fly anywhere.

so why can’t it fly in small town east texas?

Not sure how society can choose not to allow people to live certain ways without legislation.  I’m with you on not having it shoved in my face.  I’m also with you on certain behaviors being allowed that shouldn’t be.  I don’t care if some guy wants to wear a dress, but I take major exception to full frontal nudity in front of kids in pride parades.  How that’s allowed is beyond my comprehension.  I don’t need to tell you that you and I have different thresholds of what we’re okay with and what we’re not, but we’re not as far from each other on the Kirbyville issue as you might think.    In fact, it’s safe to say we’re in agreement.  When I say it won’t fly there but will somewhere else, that’s not me saying it’s okay somewhere else.