Boom!!

Reagan

From the article:
“Hot off the press——Boom!
Local School Districts, Counties, and Cities In Panick – Almost 1/3 Of Tax Money Will Go Poof As Smaller Government Republicans Are In Firm Control Fear has hit local cities and counties as the conservative wing of the Republican Party struck hard and fast in Texas and the Speaker of the House and the Lt. Governor came to a deal. And this deal will cost cities and counties millions in their budgets. 
Meaning? NO MORE WILD SPENDING ON PORK PROJECTS! ——
It is a huge win for the right-wingers, and it is a huge move for the State of Texas.
Now the media has gone GAGA – posting stories on what this means for you? Well, nothing other than more money in your pocket. The cost to school districts in their ability to pay back bonds will be hurt hardest. Remember – if you build it their grades will get better – NOT.
CPA firms are running around trying to run numbers this evening – but there is one thing for sure – it is a good day for Texas and the right wing of the GOP is in firm control of Texas. Let’s see what the fallout will be – right?….”

This is the hidden content, please

10 hours ago, Reagan said:

From the article:
Local School Districts, Counties, and Cities In Panick – Almost 1/3 Of Tax Money Will Go Poof As Smaller Government Republicans Are In Firm Control Fear has hit local cities and counties as the conservative wing of the Republican Party struck hard and fast in Texas and the Speaker of the House and the Lt. Governor came to a deal. And this deal will cost cities and counties millions in their budgets. 
It is a huge win for the right-wingers, and it is a huge move for the State of Texas.
Now the media has gone GAGA – posting stories on what this means for you? Well, nothing other than more money in your pocket. The cost to school districts in their ability to pay back bonds will be hurt hardest. Remember – if you build it their grades will get better – NOT.
CPA firms are running around trying to run numbers this evening – but there is one thing for sure – it is a good day for Texas and the right wing of the GOP is in firm control of Texas. Let’s see what the fallout will be – right?….”

What pork projects, specifically?  You don’t see the State eroding local control of our communities and schools? Central planning straight out of the Politburo. It doesn’t matter what Silsbee or any other community thinks it needs. It has to be for Patrick, Phelan, and Abbott to decide. 

On 7/10/2023 at 10:55 PM, Reagan said:

From the article:

What’s your thoughts on this?

@CardinalBacker

2 hours ago, Reagan said:

What’s your thoughts on this?

@CardinalBacker

Mixed opinions… a lot of misinformation in Klein’s article. That 100k homestead exemption will only apply to the portion of taxes paid to your local school district.  I believe that the other taxing units homestead exemption (if one is offered) will not be lowered- but that’s okay, school taxes are the biggest piece of the pie, making up close to 2/3 of rural tax bills and half of bills for heavily taxed jurisdictions like Jefferson County. I think Klein’s analysis missed the mark by a lot… he’s just wrong on this. It’ll have no affect on your county, city, ESD, tax levy that’s generated or the way those taxing units spend. 

I like the idea of a “circuit breaker” that will keep non-HS property from large one year increases-that’s been troubling to me. If I have homestead exemption on a property, my taxable value can increase no more than 10% year to year. Non-homesteads (rentals, 2nd homes, commercial property etc had no such protection-the taxable values on those properties could go up astronomically year to year. 

Property tax bills have been getting out of control, for sure. I’m glad to see them trying to do something to rein it in. 

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

….   I think Klein’s analysis missed the mark by a lot… he’s just wrong on this. It’ll have no affect on your county, city, ESD, tax levy that’s generated or the way those taxing units spend…. 

Count me as shocked! 😉

2 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I read his review sometimes. Mostly about local corruption. How did this guy end up being the Rodney Dangerfield of SETX? Did he hurt everyone's feelings?

No, because people laugh at him like they do Rodney. 

4 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I read his review sometimes. Mostly about local corruption. How did this guy end up being the Rodney Dangerfield of SETX? Did he hurt everyone's feelings?

He’s just super biased (but not necessarily coming from the wrong place) and it causes him to jump to conclusions-sometimes in the wrong direction. 

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

He’s just super biased (but not necessarily coming from the wrong place) and it causes him to jump to conclusions-sometimes in the wrong direction. 

Opinions are great.

Sometimes he puts out “facts” that might be a little short of the truth. I am sure that he would fall back on, well it’s what I heard.