Odds of Silsbee and United making it to state next season

1 hour ago, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee could be deeper than this year.

Will lose 4 good seniors (Harper, Williams, Brisbane and Jackson) and I have been told Miller will not play next year because he will be enrolling early at university he chooses.

Silsbee does get two really good players off JV that would have been varsity last year but had to play JV due to transfer rules.

They also get middle school phenom Peyton Jones next year.

Silsbee needs to shoot the ball better if they want to make it back. They should be able to do that, I think. We had some good shooters at the lower levels. If they can make it to varsity and do that it'd be great.

Only one of the kids we're losing could shoot a basketball well (Jackson). We'll need somebody to step up on the boards though.

Kinda odd that only 3 kids from that nearly unbeatable 8th grade squad has made a big impact at the varsity level. Just goes to show you never can tell how things will play out when they make it to high school.

Drelon has to do whats best for him.  Thats a tough decision,  in a way and not so hard in another.  After people have talked about the comparisons that were made to the past teams before this group even stepped foot in high school, i have thought about it a time or two.  That first championship team was just too deep, 2 legitimate starting lineups could have been made.  But comparing to that second team…you still had McCain and Adams…ok you can put Drelon and Harris right there with them.  Tyler thats a tough replacement for this bunch but Bottely does a good job gets ho shooting and great defense.  Down low Williams has been great.  But the spark plug that pushed that group over the top was Bush.  There hasnt been anyone that compared to that.  If Drelon somehow ends up playing Jones may be that sprk plug that just pushes them over the top.

16 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

The 2 or 3 JV kids will make a big impact. Silsbee had 2 JV kids who could have started or been 1st off th bench on varsity last year in Shoulders and Johnson. Johnson was a 6-2 freshman. Maybe Mr Miller wants to give it one more shot at a basketball title. 🤔🙄.

From what I was told recently by his dad, that will not happen. Drelon will be gone by end of December.

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

From what I was told recently by his dad, that will not happen. Drelon will be gone by end of December.

I understand for sure. He has an opportunity of a lifetime. Im.excited watch him for his senior season and beyond. I hope Silsbee can make a run similar if not deeper next football season. 

6 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

I understand for sure. He has an opportunity of a lifetime. Im.excited watch him for his senior season and beyond. I hope Silsbee can make a run similar if not deeper next football season. 

On that starting 5 don't forget about Cartwright. Only reason he didn't start last year was because Jackson was the senior. But earlier in the season Cartwright played alot better most of the time.🤷🏻‍♂️

The Jones kid has the potential to be just as good as anyone that's ever come from Silsbee. If he grows to be about the size of his dad you can forget about it. The 8th grade team did have another kid that was big for his age. From what I could tell he'll probably need at least a year at the lower levels though.

On the bright side with no Miller for b-ball, it'll make the class of 24 graduating sting a lot less. They'll only be losing two major players off the squad (Harris/Bottley).

Nobody ever talks about it here, but the Tiger girls will be getting an even bigger upgrade to the roster than the boys.

17 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

The Jones kid has the potential to be just as good as anyone that's ever come from Silsbee. If he grows to be about the size of his dad you can forget about it. The 8th grade team did have another kid that was big for his age. From what I could tell he'll probably need at least a year at the lower levels though.

On the bright side with no Miller for b-ball, it'll make the class of 24 graduating sting a lot less. They'll only be losing two major players off the squad (Harris/Bottley).

Nobody ever talks about it here, but the Tiger girls will be getting an even bigger upgrade to the roster than the boys.

Who?

On 4/23/2023 at 7:38 PM, Who That said:

Payton is on a whole other level. Already got a offer as a 8th grader to Kansas state. And if he gets hot he is like Bush he can do major damage and is already battled tested playing against the best. You put McCain - Adams  - Bush all together that's what you get Payton Jones.!🤗

Better than Bush? To me ,Bush was electric and fun to watch. Saw where Bush is going to Northwestern State 

18 hours ago, no-look said:

What’s in the water at Silsbee? Coaches dream. 

A lot of the genetics that made up the good Tiger teams come home when it's time to settle down and raise a family. Coach Sigler has coached a lot of these kids parents.

and unless something has changed and I'm not aware of it (certainly possible), I believe the young lady that'll be a freshman next year last name is Alfred. Same first name though.

In regards to BU, I don’t see them at state next year.  They’ll still be really good, but I think losing Yates and Porchia will be too much to overcome.  That said, with Dotson and Payia as seniors, they’ll still have a lot to offer, and could make a deep run.  They’ll have another very good season if they stay healthy.