Pressbox Changes at Nederland

lcm93

2 hours ago, Bigdog said:

Functionality matters more than size.   How much of that PNG pressbox is actually used??

And I'm not really speaking on size.  it's just sad that the tax payers couldn't approve a bond for your school district to have much nicer things.  That's all.  I'm not really trying to bash it.  It's just underwhelming.  

20 minutes ago, Indians93 said:

And I'm not really speaking on size.  it's just sad that the tax payers couldn't approve a bond for your school district to have much nicer things.  That's all.  I'm not really trying to bash it.  It's just underwhelming.  

Well they are building a brand new high school for 82.5 mil, and additions and upgrades to all elementaries and middle schools.  And the new press boxes are way better than what was there.

2 hours ago, PNGFaithful said:

All of it

not to capacity. I've seen that "VIP" section of the press box that can hold as many as 50-60 people only have 8 people in it at some games.

BISD stadium is even worse. same set up (50-60) and I have personally seen that room completely empty for several games. all the time not having room for broadcast entities.

2 hours ago, Indians93 said:

Nederland was fortunate to pass a bond period. So tell us , how big should a HS pressbox be? 

19 hours ago, outanup said:

Nederland was fortunate to pass a bond period. So tell us , how big should a HS pressbox be? 

I'm sorry that you're so upset that I don't like the way it looks.  My bad.  PNG isn't the only ones around with a "big pressbox". 

It just doesn't look nice.  I'm sorry you can't handle that.  WO-S has a nice one.  BISD is very nice.  Ned has 3 C-cans pushed together.  It is what is.  congratulations?

20 hours ago, Bigdog said:

you been reading Klien's garbage too much.  There isn't a sinkhole.

Time will tell if Mr. Kleins investigations & reports are garbage. It hasn't been a very good track record for NISD since the start of the bond construction process, in fact 'garbage' would be a great word to describe this process by many in the Nederland community.

38 minutes ago, KF89 said:

Time will tell if Mr. Kleins investigations & reports are garbage. It hasn't been a very good track record for NISD since the start of the bond construction process, in fact 'garbage' would be a great word to describe this process by many in the Nederland community.

He was against the bond from the start, just like the one they tried to pass years before, and he is still butt hurt about it so he continues to attack it because he lost big time.   As far as the bond goes itself, nothing goes  perfectly and covid through a wrench in everything for at least a year and a half.  I have seen the  some of the elementary pictures and it looks very good, and I am sure the high school will be as well when its done.   Unlike Klien , I have been all over all of those schools (including the mechanical spaces and the ceilings/attics ) and have seen what kind of state they were in, it was time for some improvements.   

3 hours ago, Indians93 said:

I'm sorry that you're so upset that I don't like the way it looks.  My bad.  PNG isn't the only ones around with a "big pressbox". 

It just doesn't look nice.  I'm sorry you can't handle that.  WO-S has a nice one.  BISD is very nice.  Ned has 3 C-cans pushed together.  It is what is.  congratulations?

I hope LCM consults with you before revamping their pressbox situation.

2 hours ago, Bigdog said:

He was against the bond from the start, just like the one they tried to pass years before, and he is still butt hurt about it so he continues to attack it because he lost big time.   As far as the bond goes itself, nothing goes  perfectly and covid through a wrench in everything for at least a year and a half.  I have seen the  some of the elementary pictures and it looks very good, and I am sure the high school will be as well when its done.   Unlike Klien , I have been all over all of those schools (including the mechanical spaces and the ceilings/attics ) and have seen what kind of state they were in, it was time for some improvements.   

Like i said time will tell. I have also seen the issues at EVERY school. One thing for sure that will happen is the Admins & school board will have a big celebration with all the news stations at the ribbon cutting for the opening of the new high school, they will take all the credit, pat each other on the back, retire & then blame the city residents for not passing a bigger bond, paying enough taxes when things start going wrong, the truths that were hidden during the construction start coming out or buildings start sinking into the canal in a few years..... 

6 minutes ago, KF89 said:

I agree with you, cheap looking imo. But you  have alot of yes sir nisd company men & Koolaide drinkers around, my friend.

No Kool-Aid here, I worked for that district and am fully aware of what goes on inside.  But being critical of  a bond issue just because you voted against it and lost is just sour grapes.  That all Klien is.   Instead of downing everything why not see it for what it is, improvements. If there are any construction issues , that is why contractors are bonded and insured.

1 minute ago, Bigdog said:

No Kool-Aid here, I worked for that district and am fully aware of what goes on inside.  But being critical of  a bond issue just because you voted against it and lost is just sour grapes.  That all Klien is.   Instead of downing everything why not see it for what it is, improvements. If there are any construction issues , that is why contractors are bonded and insured.

Ok, if you say so....

18 minutes ago, Indians93 said:

The thin skin in here is hilarious to me.  All I said was this is underwhelming.  And it is.  This is the definition of underwhelming.  Y'all mad because I'm from across the tracks but you know it's true. If my screen name was DawgPoo and I said that you'd probably agree. 

image.jpeg.a63a170673de1e27b7dcd2d053e97efe.jpeg

Or maybe functional vs having a bunch of empty rooms that aren't used. But hey you can brag about how big your press box is. 🙄

5 minutes ago, Bigdog said:

Or maybe functional vs having a bunch of empty rooms that aren't used. But hey you can brag about how big your press box is. 🙄

Another excuse for NISD paying top price for a base model product. Same with the "improvements" you speak of, paid top dollar bond money & still got more than half the school buildings still 40 years beyond...

13 minutes ago, Bigdog said:

Functionality is all that matters.

Having big fancy VIP rooms that are at most filled 25% of it's capacity on a regular basis is a waste.