Pressbox Changes at Nederland

lcm93

5 hours ago, tvc184 said:

It’s like a person claiming a gumbo is the best ever.

So 20 unbiased people try it out.

8 think it is in fact the best they have ever had.

6 say it might not be the best but it is in the top 5 they have ever eaten. 

4 will say it’s a pretty good gumbo.

2 will say it’s nasty and they can’t believe anyone would eat it!!

You are in the 2 category…. 😂

Gumbo is pretty subjective,  everyone likes theirs  a little different.   Dark roux, light roux, and what you put into it.  Kinda hard to mess up a chicken sandwich.   Personally, I got sick on Chick-fil-a once ( not a store around here) and pretty much stayed away from it for years.   Their little breakfast chicken sandwiches aren't bad though.   

On 4/26/2023 at 4:52 AM, tvc184 said:

It’s like a person claiming a gumbo is the best ever.

So 20 unbiased people try it out.

8 think it is in fact the best they have ever had.

6 say it might not be the best but it is in the top 5 they have ever eaten. 

4 will say it’s a pretty good gumbo.

2 will say it’s nasty and they can’t believe anyone would eat it!!

You are in the 2 category…. 😂

But then again, how could they make that claim? Not everyone has had the good fortune of eating MY gumbo! 
😋

• 1 month later...

Press box update:   Both old press boxes are gone, the framing for the new one is currently going up.   The new boxes are sitting on the ground waiting to be lifted.   It looks like the three boxes are going to be combined somehow, they have all the metal stripped off of the outsides.   It doesn't look like there will be a replacement on the visitor side. 

9 hours ago, Bigdog said:

Press box update:   Both old press boxes are gone, the framing for the new one is currently going up.   The new boxes are sitting on the ground waiting to be lifted.   It looks like the three boxes are going to be combined somehow, they have all the metal stripped off of the outsides.   It doesn't look like there will be a replacement on the visitor side. 

No replacement on the visitors side is correct. 

Update 5/31:  I was able to get closer and noticed that the sidewalks under both stands have been replaced and widened, which is a good thing if you have ever tried to navigate a crowd under those stands.   The framing is continuing  for the press box.

2 hours ago, Bigdog said:

Update 5/31:  I was able to get closer and noticed that the sidewalks under both stands have been replaced and widened, which is a good thing if you have ever tried to navigate a crowd under those stands.   The framing is continuing  for the press box.

I wish they would get some underneath the stands covers. Like how PNG has.. nothing like walking under the stands a big ole coke spilled right on your head. 

1 hour ago, navydawg31 said:

I wish they would get some underneath the stands covers. Like how PNG has.. nothing like walking under the stands a big ole coke spilled right on your head. 

yeah.  I hope they cover the walkways to the concession stands and bathrooms too for when it rains.

21 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

I thought the booster club concession stand said they were going to get covers on there’s at a booster club meeting last year.. 

IDK,  I would like to see a covered area on both sides to keep people dry .

12 minutes ago, Bigdog said:

Update 6/5:  new press boxes have been lifted into place and the platform around them had been built.  Sorry I would have updated this weekend but the site was having issues.

Are they adding more seats where the old press box was on the visitor side ?

• 2 weeks later...

Update 6/19:  looks like they are beginning to build the elevator on the left side (if you are on the street looking toward the stadium) of the press boxes and putting the outside skin on the boxes themselves.   The design drawings also show adding back stands on the north side of both stands but I don't know if that will get done by the start of the season or if that is part of the final design.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, lcm93 said:

Any updates on the progress of the new pressbox?

Yes, externally it looks like the press box(es) are complete.   Elevator shaft is painted and the scaffolding is down.   I don't know if everything is ready on the inside or not.

4 hours ago, Bigdog said:

Yes, externally it looks like the press box(es) are complete.   Elevator shaft is painted and the scaffolding is down.   I don't know if everything is ready on the inside or not.

Don’t forget to mention the big ole hole on the visitors side where the old pressbox used to be.. I hope they finish that up very quickly 

glad to see local districts making upgrades...unfortunately, PAISD is cheap. When Memorial was formed, a new stadium was supposed to be built. So, it took a mud bowl in 2009 to get artificial turf and a new scoreboard cause the other one been up for decades.. Mind you pretty much all schools minus nederland and vidor were playing on turf prior to 2009. the same bathrooms are in place from when i was 6 years old and im 48 now. 3 stalls and a trough. oh they upgraded to urinals smh. same concession stand and food since the early 80's. iould have been happier if they would have flipped the home side to the vistors side. THAT SUN WILL BE KILLER NEXT WEEK!!

i'm kinda disappointed i won't get to see nederland stadium because i'll be in destin for a class reunion trip. hopefully i can catch a game online and check it out.