Orangefield 35 vs. Hitchcock 45/FINAL

37 minutes ago, Mamba said:

Also I had a whole post typed up for the 3 gentleman at the top and the comments they made about the refs referencing black history month as well some other things that were said but I won’t give it energy, if  your reading this it’s 2023 there shouldn’t be a place for it !!!!

I'm black but don't worry about Black History Month it has nothing to do with this game or race involved... These are 2 teams deserving to be where they are at now. (The predominantly black team won) But who cares and as I'm typing this now it's March 1st get over it and let's congratulate 2 teams that played their hearts out tonight and contrary to popular belief I was rooting for Orangefield because of our area not of race... No offense to you but we can't be one-sided about this game and like I said in my last post (the predominantly white team almost beat the black one). Let this one be about skill not race.  Thank you and God bless.

2 minutes ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

I'm black but don't worry about Black History Month it has nothing to do with this game or race involved... These are 2 teams deserving to be where they are at now. (The predominantly black team won) But who cares and as I'm typing this now it's March 1st get over it and let's congratulate 2 teams that played their hearts out tonight and contrary to popular belief I was rooting for Orangefield because of our area not of race... No offense to you but we can't be one-sided about this game and like I said in my last post (the predominantly white team almost beat the black one). Let this one be about skill not race.  Thank you and God bless.

I think we are in agreement but Im merely talking about what was said I didn’t go into detail because it doesn’t reflect the community nor the work the kids put in . I mean if you haven’t noticed i am a POC.  I don’t want to take away from game but i dang sure will it call it out because it needs to be . I was there in support of P.R. and his team , but ignorance of that statue can’t be ignored .

2 minutes ago, Mamba said:

I think we are in agreement but Im merely talking about what was said I didn’t go into detail because it doesn’t reflect the community nor the work the kids put in . I mean if you haven’t noticed i am a POC.  I don’t want to take away from game but i dang sure will it call it out because it needs to be . I was there in support of P.R. and his team , but ignorance of that statue can’t be ignored .

I'm just saying call it like you see it but if it's the refs fault let it be but let's not call it on this board if you know what I'm saying. But we are in agreement to a certain extent.

4 minutes ago, Mamba said:

I’m confused on how it was the refs fault the better team won tonight , but I surely won’t refrain from pointing out what took place ,know what I’m saying !!!!!

Well you have to look at it like this Orangefield (especially the few times I've seen them play this season) really play fundamentally... Hitchcock is not used to that and if they play a team more fundamentally sound they will get knocked off the playoffs.  Trust me I definitely understand this and if Hitchcock runs into a team like that they will ex. Argyle a few seasons ago but when they lost a superior team that can match that plus talent they lost.

Was just a fantastic season for the Bobcats.  They tied the deepest playoff run and were one win off tying the record for wins in a season (playing one less game than the team who has said record).  I think if OF stays 3A, they will surpass both of those records in the next few years. I don’t think they will be quite as good next year with what they lost but the next two after that could be special.  And they have some really good athletes in Jr High right now winning district championships.  I would say the future is bright for Coach McDonald and company.  

Just now, TxHoops said:

Was just a fantastic season for the Bobcats.  They tied the deepest playoff run and were one win off tying the record for wins in a season (playing one less game than the team who has said record).  I think if OF stays 3A, they will surpass both of those records in the next few years. I don’t think they will be quite as good next year with what they lost but the next two after that could be special.  And they have some really good athletes in Jr High right now winning district championships.  I would say the future is bright for Coach McDonald and company.  

Key is staying 3A.

Talked to Smalley and he said it will be very close.

26 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Key is staying 3A.

Talked to Smalley and he said it will be very close.

Huge key.   Being one of the biggest 3A school vs the very smallest 4A school (which they have been more than once) is an ocean’s worth of difference.  If they move up, they are fighting for playoffs spots vs fighting for district championships. 

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

I agree this is the same group that won district both 7th and 8th. He has a bunch of talented kids coming up. 

26 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I normally don’t post but WOW!! Congratulations Pete Ragusa!! This is a great honor.. felt you were robbed a little for District MVP. Definitely a shock for Sells to get it over Ragusa/Perrault on top of New comer of the year which should have been Scales hands down!  Team couldn’t make it to playoffs.. Sells is good don’t get me wrong but he did not lead his team to a playoff - It happens.. you can’t win a game solo. You have a Ranked Player #77 in the state and #12 in the state as combo guard averaging 25pts per game, put 40 on Kountze (against District MVP and New Comer) lead a team to round 3 in playoffs with almost or at 2k points in 3 years of High School.. you are the MVP over the district in my opinion. I really can’t wait until the districts post!! Going to make these coaches look ridiculous! Should be ashamed.. all politics involved. Vote on Stats not you yourself looking good! You know who you are! 
You have some of the best kids in the district as 2nd team and honorable mention. Pitiful! 

19 minutes ago, footballproud said:

I normally don’t post but WOW!! Congratulations Pete Ragusa!! This is a great honor.. felt you were robbed a little for District MVP. Definitely a shock for Sells to get it over Ragusa/Perrault on top of New comer of the year which should have been Scales hands down!  Team couldn’t make it to playoffs.. Sells is good don’t get me wrong but he did not lead his team to a playoff - It happens.. you can’t win a game solo. You have a Ranked Player #77 in the state and #12 in the state as combo guard averaging 25pts per game, put 40 on Kountze (against District MVP and New Comer) lead a team to round 3 in playoffs with almost or at 2k points in 3 years of High School.. you are the MVP over the district in my opinion. I really can’t wait until the districts post!! Going to make these coaches look ridiculous! Should be ashamed.. all politics involved. Vote on Stats not you yourself looking good! You know who you are! 
You have some of the best kids in the district as 2nd team and honorable mention. Pitiful! 

Sells got MVP and Newcomer?  Have you seen the entire list? 

2 hours ago, footballproud said:

You could make a case for Perrault, Ragusa or Sells for MVP.  I agree with you and would have voted Pete but I’m very biased.  Sells had an incredible year but I would not have made a kid on a non-playoff team MVP (as you state) but that’s me.  I almost prefer this to making the 3 of them “Co’s” which is what I expected.  Scales not being newcomer seems ludicrous but I don’t know who got it for sure.  And I haven’t seen enough games to get too vocal about it.  But from you and many who did see every team, Scales seemed like a no brainer for that honor.  

2 minutes ago, Knox34 said:

How are there politics involved as mentioned in footballs post. I mean isn’t it just every head coach in the district getting a vote for the players they felt deserving ? 

Politics involved in everything!!  listening to coaches they get together to get the kids on their team recognition in the way the votes go - I’m not saying every coach but there are some in this district!  It will come out when the post for 3A is release - we have all seen these kids play we know who showed up and who didn’t - It is tough to have so many great kids and only few spots.. looking at that list for Orangefield is ludicrous! You have one of the best defensive players in my opinion as a second team player along with scales one of the best freshman in the district .. thats where you can really tell politics is involved - I don’t even know of another kid on Kountze that stood out and I watched 4 of their games.  I would not have been so shocked if Perrault was district MVP because they won district. But newcomer total shock.. don’t get me wrong sells is an amazing player. That kid is gonna go far and one of my favorites.