Orangefield 35 vs. Hitchcock 45/FINAL

23 minutes ago, footballproud said:

Politics involved in everything!!  listening to coaches they get together to get the kids on their team recognition in the way the votes go - I’m not saying every coach but there are some in this district!  It will come out when the post for 3A is release - we have all seen these kids play we know who showed up and who didn’t - It is tough to have so many great kids and only few spots.. looking at that list for Orangefield is ludicrous! You have one of the best defensive players in my opinion as a second team player along with scales one of the best freshman in the district .. thats where you can really tell politics is involved - I don’t even know of another kid on Kountze that stood out and I watched 4 of their games.  I would not have been so shocked if Perrault was district MVP because they won district. But newcomer total shock.. don’t get me wrong sells is an amazing player. That kid is gonna go far and one of my favorites. 

and small towns!! Everyone talks! 

I guess I just figured none of these coaches would let their players not get recognized just because another coach was pushing hard. I have faith that the orangefield coach battled for his kids and didn’t participate in that. I could be wrong though. 

11 minutes ago, Knox34 said:

I guess I just figured none of these coaches would let their players not get recognized just because another coach was pushing hard. I have faith that the orangefield coach battled for his kids and didn’t participate in that. I could be wrong though. 

OF coach is stellar!! This man has fought on and off the court for his players year after year! Best Coach by Far!!! 

Sells got MVP and #10 Courts got Newcomer from Kountze.  I’ve been to almost every Kountze game.  The are deserving.   Courts was the other leading scorer most games.

MVP could have gone to Ragusa or Sells , IMO.   Defensive MVP was from Anahuac,  also well deserved.    

2 minutes ago, mfd814 said:

Sells got MVP and #10 Courts got Newcomer from Kountze.  I’ve been to almost every Kountze game.  The are deserving.   Courts was the other leading scorer most games.

MVP could have gone to Ragusa or Sells , IMO.   Defensive MVP was from Anahuac,  also well deserved.    

I don’t know the kids name but 15 from East chambers? He on that list? Hopefully he is! He stood out to me.