*Tha Coogah Nation* versus The *L-Train*

C4L

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, this is a sports chat board where people talk smack if you dont like that dont read it!. Respect LaMarque PLEASE tell me why they should get any more respect than any other team in the playoffs! They are just a group of highschool kids just like every other team. WHO cares what they did for the last 15 years. We want them ready No excuses we dont think we can win WE KNOW we can.  I am beginning to think that they are starting to wonder if they can beat US. We have nothing to lose everyone thinks that we don't belong But just think if Big Bad LM gets beat by the nobody team from nowhere. If LM wins I will tip my hat to them and wish them luck if Raidernation wins please don't bring all those lame excuses. NEXT!!!!!!!

AMEN Mav... Preach on brother!

That was my point in my post although a bit sarcastic.  The 2007 Cougars will play the 2007 L-Train - That past has no bearing unless the Cougars think the Raiders are a push over which I hope they do.

You're quite simply over matched as you guys played NO-one (3-A teams with combined records of 4-16, c'mon!) with the exceptions of Dayton and I'll give PNG a little credit however, losing 19-0 to us in the first game doesn't say too much for them. Also, you have players going both ways which will cause those fellas to get winded twice as fast chasing our speedsters around the field. I understand that it's your 1st ever playoff appearance and you're excited but this isn't our 1st rodeo folks. The level of competition that we have faced included three 5-A schools and to put the icing on the cake the combined records of your fluff schedule vs. ours was Raiders (48-65) & Coogs (68-46). Good luck but the superior team will be quite evident on the field Friday!

All the cougar people keep saying they have been here for the last 15 or whatever years....how in the world did UIL let the same players play now that they are over thirty and playing for 15+ years???  Oh right its a different team....different players....different year.....but yea yall are still the same team....oh wait no your not....

The past doesn't mean a thing.  Your players who have graduated the last 15 some odd years have been here before....some to the state championship.....I bet most of your players are in the same boat as Lumberton with this being the first playoffs they have actually been starters in....experience matters nothing on a team that literally changes most of its players year to year....do you think the patriots would be where they are if Brady and Moss and everyone else only started a few years before moving on?...maybe the Texans would be better than they are....but thats another forum altogether.....I digress

All I am saying is your players have little to no more experience than these Lumberton players....the difference I see is that Lumberton has 8000+ fans behind them that are very vocal and loud.....along with players who probably haven't realized the implications of these games they are playing....and who athletically are as near to evenly matched position to position and potentially better in some positions....therefore it will be a close game if both teams play as they have and will be decided by who has the most determination not to make mistakes....not by what the last few years teams have done.....when you return a complete team of lower classmen after a state championship then I am fine with talking experience....until then you are just another group of players who are as unexperienced in this situation as any

You're quite simply over matched as you guys played NO-one (3-A teams with combined records of 4-16, c'mon!) with the exceptions of Dayton and I'll give PNG a little credit however, losing 19-0 to us in the first game doesn't say too much for them. Also, you have players going both ways which will cause those fellas to get winded twice as fast chasing our speedsters around the field. I understand that it's your 1st ever playoff appearance and you're excited but this isn't our 1st rodeo folks. The level of competition that we have faced included three 5-A schools and to put the icing on the cake the combined records of your fluff schedule vs. ours was Raiders (48-65) & Coogs (68-46). Good luck but the superior team will be quite evident on the field Friday!

Your right xLmCoog88 yall will realize that the Raiders are NOT a push over and that even though this is their first playoff appearance, THEY ARE a GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM!!

8000 Lumberton fans???  Guys we have a population around 24,000 in the school district - Do you know of anyone NOT going to the game on Friday?  Plus not to mention our 41 years of Alumni that is spread around Texas that will be in town for the holidays and attending the game.  I think 8000 is a very low number.  Last one out, turn out the lights!!

All the cougar people keep saying they have been here for the last 15 or whatever years....how in the world did UIL let the same players play now that they are over thirty and playing for 15+ years???  Oh right its a different team....different players....different year.....but yea yall are still the same team....oh wait no your not....

The past doesn't mean a thing.  Your players who have graduated the last 15 some odd years have been here before....some to the state championship.....I bet most of your players are in the same boat as Lumberton with this being the first playoffs they have actually been starters in....experience matters nothing on a team that literally changes most of its players year to year....do you think the patriots would be where they are if Brady and Moss and everyone else only started a few years before moving on?...maybe the Texans would be better than they are....but thats another forum altogether.....I digress

All I am saying is your players have little to no more experience than these Lumberton players....the difference I see is that Lumberton has 8000+ fans behind them that are very vocal and loud.....along with players who probably haven't realized the implications of these games they are playing....and who athletically are as near to evenly matched position to position and potentially better in some positions....therefore it will be a close game if both teams play as they have and will be decided by who has the most determination not to make mistakes....not by what the last few years teams have done.....when you return a complete team of lower classmen after a state championship then I am fine with talking experience....until then you are just another group of players who are as unexperienced in this situation as any

Complete enough for you?

Roster

Number Player name Year

52 Thomas Adgate         Senior

34 Adrian Alcorn   Senior

25 Robert Alexander Senior

3 Chris Barrett     Senior

27 Gaston Benson Senior

78 Brandon Biagas   Junior

16 Caston Boyd   Senior

41 Mike Bryant   Senior

Shane Cams

24 Josh Daniels     Junior

55 Robert Davis     Junior

17 Dexter Evans   Senior

74 Corey Freeman   Junior

91 Javier Gary     Junior

Mike Gilmore

45 Jerid Griffin       Senior

22 Emmanuel Harris   Senior

Desmond Haynes

28 Joshua Hearne   Junior

14 Evan Holloway   Senior

8 Ian Jackson     Senior

9 Ryan James     Senior

29 Larry Jarmon             Senior

6 D.J. Johnson     Junior

13 Willie Johnson             Senior

35 Quinton Jones           Senior

Requan Jones

54 Anthony Joshua   Senior

10 Mitchell Justice     Junior

Jairus Kerlegan       Senior

77 Quindrole King     Senior

21 Jeremy Lewis     Senior

50 Mitchell Lewis     Senior

11 Adrian Loftis       Senior

56 Nicholas McGill     Senior

65 Wyane Nixon     Junior

2 Michael Paterson     Senior

23 Hamhad Preson   Junior

20 Herrickius Preston     Senior

32 Evin Price       Junior

79 Josey Raynard     Senior

95 Brian Ritell Junior

19 Willie Rollerson       Junior

4 Kevin Sanders     Senior

12 Alvin Taylor       Senior

99 Phillip Thomas       Senior

33 Eric Tipps Senior

5 Denroy Vanhorn     Senior

37 Jonathan Wev     Junior

15 Sheltyon Williams     Senior

88 Todd Williams       Senior

95 Al Young       Senior

Good luck but the superior team will be quite evident on the field Friday!

Quick, someone get LMCoog88 that phone number to Dayton and asked then how they felt leaving Lumberton on a Friday night back in September.

It's OK, we understand, Big Bad LaMarque is going to run over the L-train since we haven't played anybody.  Well, we played everybody on our schedule and one touchdown seperates us from a perfect record.  Guess that is just pure luck huh???

You are right, the superior team will be quite evident on the field Friday!  Just be able to say, "That Lumberton team looks like the old LaMarque teams that won state titles!"

Guest maverick24

You Coog fans dont understand what your players are walking into! You are not just facing a football team but a whole city. Please dont tell us how fast your guys are. Ned had one of the best passing games in the state and talked all the same trash how they would run by us. Well before the game was over their QB was on the bench and the Star WR had to take his spot. Three plays later he was on a knee throwing up. I promise you your Off. players will get hit harder  than they have all year, I hope they dont bite their tounges off because they were talking trash when they met one of our Def. Players. Then On Off. None of our Rb's care if you catch them because they were prolly going to run you over anyway. You won't be able to thow it up for a jump ball all nite long because The Wr's will get tired of getting Jacked up and the Qb will be tired of looking up at the cold sky. I love the forecast Cold and Strong wind with a possible shower. If you can't run the ball then well YOUR NEXT!!!!

And that rosters shows what other than you have some returning players...many of whom probably weren't starters last year....I guess you didn't get the point of that post....the past matters nothing....that was the point....I thought it was plain and simple....maybe I used to many words....probably doing that again....show me last years roster compared to this one you just have shown and it seems logical to me that someone that played football last year graduated....if you only had one graduate....you have a different team....

Would you agree that if you have one player injured that it would make you a different team.....I bet the Eagles think that when they go against the Pats without McNabb(most likely)....what if one (or more) graduated....IT IS A DIFFERENT TEAM....did they teach comparison at Lamarque? 

Well I took a little trip over to www.coogsports.net . To me it seems that Lamarque isn't expecting Lumberton to be as good as they are!!  ;D ;)

Attention ALL L-train fans, if you want some good quality comedy entertainment check out www.coogsports.net website.  Click on the Lumberton thread.  Theses guys do not have a clue about Lumberton.  I am still laughing.  Can't wait to hear that big THUD on Friday which will be the LaMarque jaws hitting the floor when the L-train is rolling.

Yours Truly,

Just another Affluent, Hillbilly Lumberton Fan!

It's pretty original to Lumberton as they don't get out much come playoff time...I think this Friday takes them to a grand total of 2 instances they could actually say that?

hey hey this guy has some jokes....its gonna be embarrassing when you have to come here and say Lumberton did a good job in that second playoff game against a team that as well has been in two playoff games....unless you know you have those thirty year old players I talked about up there.....Did LaMarque even graduate anyone last year or did they all fail....I mean if its the same team....

Quote from that site above:

mackula02 

"

LaMarque will have to keep a cool head. I'm pretty sure the players will be called outside their names a few times. I reside in Beaumont but I am from LaMarque.

Lumberton is being considered the New Vidor.

"

I guess they get CNN in Houston....lol....gotta love it

Guest beards_bro

Apparently on the Coogs website on the Lumberton thread we are being called the "affluent version of Vidor" and they say that if we have that reputation then we are ignorant. Can you believe this nonsense, They don't have a clue!

It's pretty original to Lumberton as they don't get out much come playoff time...I think this Friday takes them to a grand total of 2 instances they could actually say that?

See, as Lumberton Fans we don live in the past, we learn from it.  Come Saturday morning, you can sit back an polish your rings and tell stories of how good you were back in ....... while we will be preparing for the next opponent!

Well I am going to bed....my last thought for the day....its gonna be a great game with two great teams with each having a good chance of winning....no matter hwat the outcome both teams should be proud of their accomplishments.....

That being said my prediction of Lumberton 35 to LaMarque 31 stands....good night