Nederland (24) @ Port Neches-Groves (26) - FINAL

jdawg03

15 hours ago, dme1111 said:

I did edit it...  I'm trying to sound like less of a D*** these days. 

No prob.  I should have qualified my earlier facile-ish comment with an "IMO".  The center is a excellent lineman and a good athlete, and occasionally snaps it high, from game 1, against Memorial. I'm not criticizing him, I'm in support of him. He's a great player and I'm glad that he's on our side. 

Regarding the passing game(s), the unofficial stats I've seen posted on another site show "PN-G total yards as ~370, vs Nederland ~160, including the 61 yard fumble return."  ... "Indians with 215 yards on the ground and 155 passing. Crippen 13 of 19 with 1 TD pass and no interceptions.  Nederland 5 of 18 for 94 yards, no TDs and 2 interceptions passing. 74 yards rushing and 2 TDs. " 

In the first half PNG stayed on the ground, but was using pitchouts, which they hadn't done in previous games. I guess a pitchout in the rain may be considered semi-conservative. But also #33 only got a couple plays, for some reason.  #3, and #18 both had turns at RB, for the first time this season. #19 has lined up as RB before, but on one play he went in motion (1st time I recall seeing that this season) and actually took the snap. The defense showed at least one new formation as well. So, overall, it was a slightly different game set for PNG; whether the weather had anything to do with it, I have no idea. 

Overall, like I said previously, it was a fun game to watch; I'm glad it was a close game.