BC Baseball in 08'

gocards

Bridge City has 2  freshman that will play Varsity Ball in 08? Who could this be?

Is there another Matt Hicks and Joseph Robertson in the Freshman Class? I thought these boys were special when they were Freshman, but was told the coach announced that 2 players that are freshman will be brought up to fill certain spots on this years varsity team.

Do these boys have that much talent to bypass other players?

I know of several sophomores who should move up and could have even played last year on the team...I wouldn't think freshman would go above them and it seems convenient his nephew is one mentioned.  And who could the other be?  I have been around these kids for years and I can't think of any freshman that would qualify for varsity especially above some of the sophomores!!!!! 

How many did varsity players graduated from last years team?  Lots of sophs were pulled up during the playoffs last season, so I would assume they are varsity players to start this season.  That being said, I don't think there is alot of room for players on the team, much less freshmen, but that's just my humble opinion!  Are these freshmen pitchers??????  And are they good?  I think for a freshman to be put above some of the kids I know there, they better be exceptional players, heads above the upperclassmen they will move over and I am having a hard time justifying that........but I am not a coach so that is an honest question that if any of you guys can answer, please do!

Guest Orangeboy

This sounds like it is going to be another bash Coach Bryant topic. I really doubt he has said that 2 freshmen would certainly be on varsity, so get over yourselves till you see it.

This sounds like it is going to be another bash Coach Bryant topic. I really doubt he has said that 2 freshmen would certainly be on varsity, so get over yourselves till you see it.

Considering you have yet to have an official practice, and it is still NOVEMBER i am sure that coach bryant said nothing of the sorts.  THUMP THUMP THUMP, listen do you hear it?  Its the sounds of basketballs in the gym ;D

Guest Orangeboy

Considering you have yet to have an official practice, and it is still NOVEMBER i am sure that coach bryant said nothing of the sorts.   THUMP THUMP THUMP, listen do you hear it?  Its the sounds of basketballs in the gym ;D

Exactly.

I for one am not bashing anybody, but asked an honest question for someone who might be able to intelligently answer it.  If there are a lack of pitchers at the varsity level and there are two boys who are heads and shoulders above the rest at chunking the ball, then doesn't matter what grade they are in, I would think.  I just wanted to know if this may be the case, and that was why I asked for any guys who may know the baseball situation better than I.  

So, anyone that knows exactly who BC lost last year, please respond because I don't know them all.

Guest Orangeboy

I for one am not bashing anybody, but asked an honest question for someone who might be able to intelligently answer it.  If there are a lack of pitchers at the varsity level and there are two boys who are heads and shoulders above the rest at chunking the ball, then doesn't matter what grade they are in, I would think.  I just wanted to know if this may be the case, and that was why I asked for any guys who may know the baseball situation better than I.  

So, anyone that knows exactly who BC lost last year, please respond because I don't know them all.

CF-Johnny Dishon

1B- Chase Warner

2B- Troy Bolton

DH- Garrett Delano

and 2 pitchers- Stringer and Meeks

Looks like they lost alot!  And two pitchers at that.  So, in looking at that, there are several large holes to fill in the line-up, but Bridge City never seems to run out of baseball talent so that shouldn't pose too big a problem.  I guess the thing to do is sit back and see what happens....................and go to the gym and support the basketball team!!!!!!

Guest Orangeboy

Looks like they lost alot!  And two pitchers at that.  So, in looking at that, there are several large holes to fill in the line-up, but Bridge City never seems to run out of baseball talent so that shouldn't pose too big a problem.  I guess the thing to do is sit back and see what happens....................and go to the gym and support the basketball team!!!!!!

If I remember correctly both their JV and soph. teams did well last year. So BC will be okay and ready to compete with Jasper and the other contenders for the district crown.

I know of several sophomores who should move up and could have even played last year on the team...I wouldn't think freshman would go above them and it seems convenient his nephew is one mentioned.  And who could the other be?  I have been around these kids for years and I can't think of any freshman that would qualify for varsity especially above some of the sophomores!!!!! 

please tell me who these sophmores are i would surely like to know

Bridge City has 2  freshman that will play Varsity Ball in 08? Who could this be?

Is there another Matt Hicks and Joseph Robertson in the Freshman Class? I thought these boys were special when they were Freshman, but was told the coach announced that 2 players that are freshman will be brought up to fill certain spots on this years varsity team.

Do these boys have that much talent to bypass other players?

Coach Bryant never said that the two freshmen will be brought up, he said they have a chance to.  Also i there is two really good freshman but one of them is his nephew, the other one i heard was going to be a really great pitcher.  also i am in the baseball class so i would know what i am talking about.

please tell me who these sophmores are i would surely like to know

If you are in the baseball class then you know exactly who I am talking about....there are 2 boys that did extremely well on JV last yr and could have easily played with the varsity.  I am not going to mention names, but if you are actually in the class I am VERY sure you know who I am talking about.  They are outstanding athletes and very good kids all around!

Guest Orangeboy

Coach Bryant never said that the two freshmen will be brought up, he said they have a chance to.  Also i there is two really good freshman but one of them is his nephew, the other one i heard was going to be a really great pitcher.  also i am in the baseball class so i would know what i am talking about.

This sounds like more of what a coach would tell kids. Maybe he is trying to motivate some of the older guys to work a little harder.

Maybe he is just letting kids know that just because they made varsity last year does not mean you automatically are on varsity again and to get there you have to earn it.  And if they don't then some of the underclassmen will take the spot.  Not sure, but that should motivate them all.

If you are in the baseball class then you know exactly who I am talking about....there are 2 boys that did extremely well on JV last yr and could have easily played with the varsity.  I am not going to mention names, but if you are actually in the class I am VERY sure you know who I am talking about.  They are outstanding athletes and very good kids all around!

You dont know what youre talking about because no freshmen played on JV last year

Guest Bulldog

Don't worry about coach Bryant come Febuary he'll have the best team possible on the field for BC you can bet on that.....

Just a question but what are the names of the freshman considered to "possibly" be on varsity?

Guest Orangeboy

I did here was suppose to be a really good pitcher

You usually have to be better than really good to make it as a freshmen. I would think the same would apply at BC. BC was very blessed to have both Hicks and Robertson contribute as much as they did on a regional finalist team.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin

• He actually had a pretty solid year for a sophomore starting in that district. I can assure you, it hasn't hurt his recruiting at all and that will only improve with the move back to the Wack. 
    • If Crumedy eventually has bigger aspirations than being in Jasper, every aspect of the program will be looked at when someone interviews him for any job. He knows that. The mindset needs to be that any time someone wears a Jasper uniform, that they're doing everything they possibly can to win. It matters.
    • This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up It's a poll but I could definitely see this as realistic.   From the article: Catholics in the United States have swung dramatically against President Biden in recent years, now boasting a significant statistical break towards his GOP challenger. Pew Research released on Apr. 30 a report exploring support for presidential candidates sorted by religious affiliation. The poll found that 55% of Catholics support or lean towards supporting former President Donald Trump in a head-to-head against Biden. Conversely, only 45% of Catholics support Biden in the same one-on-one pairing. The 12% margin of support in favor of Trump marks a significant shift from 2020, when he held an extremely narrow lead — 50% to 49%. Biden currently leads among Hispanic Catholics with a narrow 49%-47% split, but the close contest marks a major shift rightward for the demographic. In 2020, a similar poll from Pew Research found Hispanic Catholics preferred Biden to Trump with a staggering 67%-26% split.
    • You said a lot there. Truthfully, that is the root of the issue. Who cares what a kid thinks about how coaches are running a program? Kids play, coaches coach. For some reason, parents have this backward in a lot of places and its wreaking havoc. 
    • He's already stated he's a huge Clinton fan.
  • Topics