Beaumont United 79 Goose Creek Memorial 78/FINAL

17 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

United is very very fortunate to win this game. GCM should have won this one.

Sometimes you need games like that. . If BU doesn’t go 3-22 or w.e behind the 3 it probably isn’t that close. . At the end of the day you gotta find a way to win 

Arceneaux is a cold blooded killer, I said the same last year but he just proved it once again. Anybody got footage of this one? His heroics last year were well documented. I just have to wonder, with this amazing run BU is on since the word go but we grew up playing vs Ozen and Central. Who would be the dominant team if they were still separate schools, did Arceneaux and company come from the Central bloodlines? Ozen had the best teams back in the day.

7 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Arceneaux is a cold blooded killer, I said the same last year but he just proved it once again. Anybody got footage of this one? His heroics last year were well documented. I just have to wonder, with this amazing run BU is on since the word go but we grew up playing vs Ozen and Central. Who would be the dominant team if they were still separate schools, did Arceneaux and company come from the Central bloodlines? Ozen had the best teams back in the day.

Arceneaux would’ve been at Central.  Yates too.  Porcia and Dotson would’ve been at Ozen.  I believe Payia too.

10 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I think Yates went to Smith or King.  Both was zoned to Central. And I could’ve sworn that Porchia and Payia went to South Park MS, which were both zoned to Ozen.

Payia went to King. Porchia went to South Park but its not a stretch to say he would have ended up at Central.

What a nerve racking game. Wow that was tougher than I expected and Bradford made some amazing shots that I didn’t think would normally go in. Props to GCM they fought valiantly. BU need to tighten up from the line and limit turnovers they will be fine in the regionals with that BMT crowd behind them 

1 hour ago, D3zii said:

Sometimes you need games like that. . If BU doesn’t go 3-22 or w.e behind the 3 it probably isn’t that close. . At the end of the day you gotta find a way to win 

Not the whole story though. If GCM doesn’t have 20+ bad turnovers things could have been different the other way. They probably had 12 or so in the first quarter alone. Threw it out of bounds or to BU or lost the dribble. They were very sloppy with the basketball at times. Who knows what they could be if they had a real ball handler. #4 was forced to control the basketball a lot because their guards struggled with pressure defense on them. 

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Beaumont United 79 Goose Creek Memorial 78/FINAL